Gransnet forums

Chat

Where on earth did I put........???

(35 Posts)
LondonGranny Tue 01-Oct-19 13:50:57

I've spent two days looking for my favourite cup. It's big and red with a lid which keeps the drink warm for longer so not easy to miss.
I've just found it in the airing cupboard!

Where's the daftest place you've put something?

Harris27 Tue 01-Oct-19 22:24:30

Specs if there not on my head god knows where they are! Found them in the bathroom bread bin garage on the patio table....

Nannylovesshopping Tue 01-Oct-19 22:07:05

I lose so much stuff, eventually coming to light when it’s generally too late, my lovely son in law came up with a great plan, take a pic of what ever you are putting away safely, now providing I haven’t lost my phone, it’s worked so far?

GabriellaG54 Tue 01-Oct-19 21:56:00

Now we have a plethora of ideas as to where we can hide our valuables when we go on holiday.
In a plastic bag stuck to the bottom of frozen fish fingers. In a teapot covered by beans. In the toes of a muddy pair of wellies...so diverse. ?

Coolgran65 Tue 01-Oct-19 19:56:23

Couldn't find the birthday card I'd bought a few days previously. Ended up buying another card.

Found it in the freezer stuck to the bottom of the fish fingers !!

GabriellaG54 Tue 01-Oct-19 19:51:14

Septimia
Understood...? ??

Septimia Tue 01-Oct-19 19:11:35

No, Gabriella, it was somewhat further north than that. But if I say where, I'll lose my anonimity!

Calendargirl Tue 01-Oct-19 19:01:33

Couldn’t find our passports. Not in the safe where they should have been. Searched all over, awake at nights agonising over where they could be. DH said cancel them and get new ones. One last desperate check in every room. Finally, under all the tea towels in the tea towel drawer- guess what?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 01-Oct-19 18:16:21

Spent 2 weeks ransacking the house looking for Mr.Gravys dinner suit, visited our dry cleaners implying that they had “lost it”........when we put DDs birthing ball in loft the suit was in the bag with it????

I had obviously dropped everything when she needed taking to hospital in labour!!!!

GabriellaG54 Tue 01-Oct-19 18:13:39

Septimia
Not the one in Saffron Walden...was it?

GabriellaG54 Tue 01-Oct-19 18:12:35

Witzend
Is the other duvet cover still on the duvet, under the fresh one that you're now trying to change?
Perhaps you never took it off. grin

Septimia Tue 01-Oct-19 18:05:17

I used to look after a youth hostel during the winter when it was hired for the weekends but was empty during the week. Things regularly moved from where I'm sure I put them - but the building was supposed to be haunted.....

ninathenana Tue 01-Oct-19 17:55:58

DD folds duvet cover, matching sheet and second pillow case and puts them inside a pillow case. Great idea but I C.B.A.

HettyMaud Tue 01-Oct-19 17:38:56

Well where are the details of the holiday I'm going on in 4 weeks time? I know I've put them "somewhere safe".

kittylester Tue 01-Oct-19 17:30:38

witzend my daughter had my spare duvet cover but denied it. Then weeks later she brought it back - very embarrassed because she had also forgotten she borrowed it while we were away.

Grannynise Tue 01-Oct-19 17:15:10

Spectacles in the dishwasher. They came out sparkling so maybe it was a serendipitous move.

chicken Tue 01-Oct-19 16:18:44

My hearing aids in the recycling bin! Luckily, I found them before collection day.

angelic Tue 01-Oct-19 16:12:34

Keys in the fridge!
Spent the whole morning looking getting to the crying, desperation state!?
Hubby suggests re-tracking my steps when I got in?
Off course they were in the fridge, the first thing I did was to put the food in the fridge, after returning from shopping?

rockgran Tue 01-Oct-19 15:39:20

I remember my mum pouring beans into the teapot - seemed funny when she did it. I've just been looking for the pair of specs I was wearing. confused

Ninarosa Tue 01-Oct-19 15:29:37

Witzend, your duvet cover may well have absconded with my pair of pure silk pillow cases I bought to lessen in the night wrinkles; I'll never know if they were worth the outlay.

AllotmentLil Tue 01-Oct-19 15:14:25

Linen basket is in the bathroom - I’ve twice recently lifted the toilet seat and ... blush

Sara65 Tue 01-Oct-19 14:57:04

My husband turning the house upside down looking for his sun glasses, me sat impatiently in the car, eventually he returns saying they just aren’t there, must have left them somewhere. He glances at me, and his face changes, and I had them on all the time!

LondonGranny Tue 01-Oct-19 14:46:19

The British Character
A Tendency To Put Things Away Safely

BlueSapphire Tue 01-Oct-19 14:45:54

I've posted this before but Avon brochure in the freezer.

ayse Tue 01-Oct-19 14:38:26

I’ve been trying to find a big roll of blind cord and the tape that goes with it to make some Roman blinds. It’s all disappeared into the ether. I expect I’ve put it somewhere safe ?

LondonGranny Tue 01-Oct-19 14:34:33

I have been known to put the clean duvet cover over the dirty one when distracted...have a look