Gransnet forums

Chat

Where on earth did I put........???

(35 Posts)
LondonGranny Tue 01-Oct-19 13:50:57

I've spent two days looking for my favourite cup. It's big and red with a lid which keeps the drink warm for longer so not easy to miss.
I've just found it in the airing cupboard!

Where's the daftest place you've put something?

GabriellaG54 Tue 01-Oct-19 18:13:39

Septimia
Not the one in Saffron Walden...was it?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 01-Oct-19 18:16:21

Spent 2 weeks ransacking the house looking for Mr.Gravys dinner suit, visited our dry cleaners implying that they had “lost it”........when we put DDs birthing ball in loft the suit was in the bag with it????

I had obviously dropped everything when she needed taking to hospital in labour!!!!

Calendargirl Tue 01-Oct-19 19:01:33

Couldn’t find our passports. Not in the safe where they should have been. Searched all over, awake at nights agonising over where they could be. DH said cancel them and get new ones. One last desperate check in every room. Finally, under all the tea towels in the tea towel drawer- guess what?

Septimia Tue 01-Oct-19 19:11:35

No, Gabriella, it was somewhat further north than that. But if I say where, I'll lose my anonimity!

GabriellaG54 Tue 01-Oct-19 19:51:14

Septimia
Understood...? ??

Coolgran65 Tue 01-Oct-19 19:56:23

Couldn't find the birthday card I'd bought a few days previously. Ended up buying another card.

Found it in the freezer stuck to the bottom of the fish fingers !!

GabriellaG54 Tue 01-Oct-19 21:56:00

Now we have a plethora of ideas as to where we can hide our valuables when we go on holiday.
In a plastic bag stuck to the bottom of frozen fish fingers. In a teapot covered by beans. In the toes of a muddy pair of wellies...so diverse. ?

Nannylovesshopping Tue 01-Oct-19 22:07:05

I lose so much stuff, eventually coming to light when it’s generally too late, my lovely son in law came up with a great plan, take a pic of what ever you are putting away safely, now providing I haven’t lost my phone, it’s worked so far?

Harris27 Tue 01-Oct-19 22:24:30

Specs if there not on my head god knows where they are! Found them in the bathroom bread bin garage on the patio table....