Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Fri 04-Oct-19 06:16:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark here in Brackley but looks like its rained .
Usual day, Bank, pay a bill , general shop.
I may pop into Banbury later , there is pub which I like which does a Bubble& Squeak with cold ham, baked beans and fried egg on top a autumn /winter warmer.
See Xmas as shown its face in supermarkets.
Mick

Urmstongran Fri 04-Oct-19 08:48:03

Good morning everyone from a drizzly South Manchester. I’m off to the cinema this evening to see ‘Judy’ (as in Garland) with a friend and I’m really looking forward to it.

SAN Francisco! How wonderful. I’ve never been but it’s on our bucket list Alygran

Edinburgh too GG13 I’d love to go. All being well I plan some city breaks from next summer when I (finally) get my state pension.

Gosh gillybob your sister really takes the (dog) biscuit doesn’t she? You are so kind to all your family.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Urmstongran Fri 04-Oct-19 08:49:00

P.s. Gabriella I hope you don’t bump into Dominic Grieve!!
?

Anniebach Fri 04-Oct-19 08:52:46

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Feelingmyage55 Fri 04-Oct-19 08:53:20

Cold here, says 9 degrees but feels freezing. My blood is getting thinner with age. Washing out and going to make some pickles with surplus tomatoes, the May treat myself to a curry. It is Friday after all.

dragonfly46 Fri 04-Oct-19 08:53:46

Gilly I would be inclined to say to your sister that in return she can take your dad shopping next week! As Urmston says she does take the biscuit!

moggie Fri 04-Oct-19 08:56:59

Good morning Mick & all from damp, chilly Nottingham. Asda delivery today. Will make a chilli for dinner & visit DD. Mick your lunch is ideal winter warmer. Have a great time in Edinburgh GrannyGravy13 & Alygran in San Francisco. It’s Friday Gillybob hope you & DH had a decent night. Have a lovely weekend with your DGD marydoll
Hope all not well feel better soon. Have a good day everyone.

Teal Fri 04-Oct-19 09:02:25

Good Morning from a mild but damp NE. Heavy rain all last night, I love listening to that when I’m tucked up cosy in bed.
No work today so household chores for me, I need to nip out for a timer for the lamps. We are away at the weekend and DH likes to have the house looking occupied.
Have a good Friday everyone.

Mapleleaf Fri 04-Oct-19 09:34:30

Good morning all,
It’s a grey, damp looking morning here, though the rain seems to have stopped for now. We had plenty during the night. The heating came on this morning, so it was cosy for getting up.
I think you will enjoy San Francisco, Alygran. DH and I had a stopover there for a few nights when we were returning from NZ. (A long time ago now). I loved it, and we found it surprisingly compact, and quite easy to get around.
Today, I’ve got a variety of chores waiting to be done as I’ve been out and about quite a bit this week and left them!
Hope you enjoy your lunch out, Mick.
Have a good day, everyone.

BlueSapphire Fri 04-Oct-19 09:53:30

MaryFinn, yes, Eleanor was the wife of Edward 1. She died in Lincoln and was taken to London to be buried. Everywhere that the cortege stopped overnight Edward had a memorial cross raised to her as a mark of his love and devotion. We are lucky enough to have one of the few remaining ones here in Northampton, which at the moment is undergoing extensive repair and renovation. Looking forward to the scaffolding coming down.

Auntieflo Fri 04-Oct-19 10:12:58

Second try, here goes.
Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
Thanks for all the good wishes. I had a very good night, and slept well, only up once.
Have finished breakfast, and thinking about hauling myself upstairs for a was and brush up.
Marydoll, and Gillybob, how do you manage to be so cheerful and do all that you do?
Nothing planned for me, resting again, but I am not a patient, patient, and want to do bits and bobs.
Have a good day one and all.

desjumeaux17 Fri 04-Oct-19 10:29:49

Good morning from a damp but warm Whitley Bay. Its a good 10deg on the garden thermometer. I have been up since 6am with our new puppy Oscar, he has eaten his breakfast almost in one gulp and is now playing with his toys.
Today will be a wet walk along the sea front and probably some chatting with the other dog walkers, we are quite hardy, we go out in rain or shine. Not sure what we shall do for the rest of the day, perhaps a visit to my sister with Oscar will be nice.
Off to make a cuppa for the hubby have a lovely weekend all.

GabriellaG54 Fri 04-Oct-19 11:30:54

desjumeaux17
I love the photos esp the one showing Oscar. ??
I've visited Whitley Bay once and plan another visit in the NY. Last time I stayed in a fab bnb (one Feb) and went on the ferry and met lots of interesting people. I loved it but then, I went because it was mentioned in Tunnel Of Love - Dire Straits, my favourite band.

gallusquine Fri 04-Oct-19 15:53:23

GrannyGravy13

I will be in Edinburgh too this weekend, there’s March for Scottish Independence through the city on Saturday. The 1st thing you’ll be aware of is the noise of the YesBikers. The March is followed by a rally at The Meadows where, amongst others, Joanna Cherry is speaking.
I hope you and your party enjoy exploring Edinburgh. ?