Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Sun 06-Oct-19 06:23:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but wet start here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday, my regular map stall at the Flea Market in Buckingham was not there .
So in addition I am selecting 3 photos from the World Cycling Championships which I took for you to see what a buzz Harrogate was.
Mick

Sprout Sun 06-Oct-19 09:27:58

Morning Mick and all Glad you had a great time Mick. Photos are good. Wet here in Rochford Essex but not so cold. Quiet day today of to Dentist in the morning at Dartford lunch with my best friend. Then getting my things packed up for my move permanently in Rochford next Sunday. Will feel very sad but happy at same time. Hope you are all OK those feeling poorly get better soon everyone else have a good day.

Auntieflo Sun 06-Oct-19 09:37:09

Morning Michael, lovely photos, morning Annie, and all.
Woken up to sunshine here, which is lovely.
DH is off to Church soon, as he is doing the AV this morning, but I am staying home as I don't know if I could sit still long enough yet.
So shall be starting a new tiny crochet figure.. The last one turned out OK, but I have to just finish his mouth.
Better stir my stumps and go for a shower, then a coffee, then have a lazy day, again. I was hoping to feel a bit more like me, but not yet it seems. My ribs are still sore after the fall a couple of weeks ago, so easy does it.
Have a good day one and all.

gillybob Sun 06-Oct-19 09:53:06

A late good morning from the NE coast where it is lashing down with rain.

No plans for today except a little bit of food shopping ready for the week ahead .

I can’t bear the thought of “that place” tomorrow. Feeling really down thinking about it .

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Mapleleaf Sun 06-Oct-19 10:36:58

Morning all,
It's fine at the moment with a hint of sunshine, but it's one of those mornings when the rain showers keep coming. It rained heavily through the night.
We are doing similar for our dinner today, EllanVannin, we have a pheasant which had been in the freezer and needs using, so I've defrosted it and will pop it in the slow pot soon. We've also got a pud that needs using, so I'm going to steam that, too, in the other slow pot, so all in all, quite an easy meal to prepare.
DH is watching the rugby, so I will get on with the preparations whilst it's on.
Hope you all have a good day, (though sorry you feel so low today, gillybob , please take care of yourself as you are running yourself ragged at the moment ?).

MaryFinn Sun 06-Oct-19 11:04:41

Late morning hello from me.

Bit grey here in Anglesey. Not long back from work - 5 am start!

Having a bit of a rest then hope to finally sort out my bulbs!
Got to take son back to uni later on - only 1/2 hour away!

Mythbirtthedragon - glad your concert went well!xxxx

EllanVannin Sun 06-Oct-19 11:17:44

Gillybob you remind me of how my D was in between jobs years ago when she was an agency worker for BUPA. In tears at the thought of motoring in mid-winter from Merseyside to Warrington---to a place that she hated so much on a hospital wing with men who had mental health issues, mixed illnesses with very few staff who " used " her.
I felt ill for her and it was a constant worry each time she set out to work.

I think she was with BUPA for 7 years, all over the place as she never knew where she'd end up. I was a nervous wreck !!

EllanVannin Sun 06-Oct-19 11:19:53

It gives me the jitters when I think of you gillybob because the past looms up about my own D.

vena11 Sun 06-Oct-19 11:21:50

Late good morning everyone lovely morning in Bristol.
I had the DGS DGD over night kept me busy this morning with breakfast and then dropped them home as they both have parties, cant remember my kids having as many parties as they all have now.
Nothing much planned for the rest of the day .
Hope everyone has a nice peaceful Sunday.

Urmstongran Sun 06-Oct-19 11:23:47

A very late good morning everyone from South Manchester. I’ve been up a couple of hours and disappeared down the rabbit hole of the Internet! Been reading up on Judy Garland.

It’s dry here. The sun is trying to shine but it chucked it down all last night (so my husband tells me - I slept like the proverbial!)

Off to see my father for an hour this afternoon then over to see the smalls around 4pm.

Haven’t an igloo what to eat this evening. Sainsbury’s is only downstairs across the square. I call it my larder! I will call in later and see what tempts me.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. x

Misha14 Sun 06-Oct-19 12:26:01

Good morning everyone, or rather should I say afternoon. The scaffolders have just arrived, we're having our roof done, husband is off shopping and I'm on here.
Have a good day.

sarahellenwhitney Sun 06-Oct-19 13:04:51

Happy grandparents day from sunny north Cornwall. Hope all grans and granddads were remembered as there are countries where many of us have family who celebrate this day on a different date to the UK.

sarahellenwhitney Sun 06-Oct-19 13:19:34

Misha14
re scaffolders
What a coincidence although the opposite to yours as mine is waiting to be removed following completion of work. We had a few hairy moments when due to extreme weather conditions work stopped play!Can't wait to see my property minus metal poles and huge timber planks.

Alygran Sun 06-Oct-19 13:27:14

Good morning from San Francisco. We made it! Still dark and DD2 fast asleep. Only 5.30 am here.
Had a lovely walk to the bay when we got here and saw the sun set. Quiet day today to get used to the time difference.
Love your pics Mick. You had a great spot outside Betty’s.
Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

NfkDumpling Sun 06-Oct-19 14:43:18

Good afternoon All

The rain is just starting to ease at last. The Norwich to Yarmouth/Lowestoft railway is flooded and and everywhere is more than soggy. We’re waiting to see if the rain eases a bit more before heading over to the broad to see if our little motor boat has been pulled onto her side by the height of the water or whether she’s floated over the quay heading! After our extended drought this is a bit extreme!

NfkDumpling Sun 06-Oct-19 14:45:06

Have a wonderful time Alygran. It sounds idyllic.

Nice pics Mick - especially the first one.

gillybob Sun 06-Oct-19 14:49:03

I totally relate to your DD’s feelings EllanVannin . I woke up this morning feeling sick ( literally ) and I know I will not enjoy my Sunday thinking about tomorrow and the next day and the next .... with no end in sight . I just so feel helpless and (dare I say) depressed at the thought of living like this for another 10 years .