Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Mon 07-Oct-19 06:17:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry at the moment here in Brackley .
Quiet day , some housework and sort out .
Will try and catch up after 10 days away last week.
Mick

Resurgam123 Mon 07-Oct-19 08:55:14

Good Morning All.
It is wet here in Cheshire and I have a wretched cough.

NanKate Mon 07-Oct-19 09:00:34

Thanks NannyJan and Kitty I think my demise has been due to the flu jab. The pharmacist gave us a list of reactions including a temperature and that’s just what I had. Will be fit as a flea tomorrow.

You did make my laugh Mary about the scare you had. I loved the Bear Hunt book. Hope you can take it quietly today.

NfkDumpling Mon 07-Oct-19 09:02:43

Morning All

Overcast and miserable here in the north of Norfolk with more rain forecast for this afternoon.

I’m off to stand in the dark at our local NT pile. There’ll be a lot of visitors today as the weather is so bad so it’ll be quite lively. Lots of interesting and interested people.

I hope all those who’re in the doldrums and down will feel better soon - if only there was a way to extricate yourself from that place Gilly.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 07-Oct-19 09:05:41

Good morning from east London, dull and dry, people are wearing coats but the postman is still wearing shorts. Tennis at lunchtime today then have to hoof it over on public transport to East Ham to take GD for her swimming lesson. DP is picking her up from school but madam is very fussy about which changing room she uses. DP will resume carpet searching while we do that; we thought we were getting somewhere yesterday until the ‘advisor’ at the well known department store we were in told us that our ‘front runners’ were unsuitable despite what it said on the label. Have the best day you can; the Tomorrow song from ‘Annie’ is one of my pick me ups.

NanKate Mon 07-Oct-19 09:12:22

Gilly you are everything to everyone in your family, they are very lucky to have you. ?☕️

GrannySomerset Mon 07-Oct-19 09:16:50

I often feel like Gilly but with far less cause. Doing something I hate, like cleaning the oven, sometimes helps lift the mood by leaving a smug satisfaction and the knowledge that that particular job won’t need doing again for a while, but knowing that more of the same is stretching out for ever is very wearing.

Today I have a dental check up and scrape and polish this morning and a flower arranging demo this evening.

EllanVannin Mon 07-Oct-19 09:40:22

Good Morning All x
Damp as usual so there'd obviously been rain through the night. A breeze is getting up too but it's not so cold as I've been out to the shop this morning to keep cat food stocks built up just in case we have gales.

Nothing like a brisk walk for waking one up ! Not too many-koff.

Mix up with medication now sorted by phone---after having missed some. These things are sent to try us.

Sleep pattern is a bit hit and miss at the moment so not sure what's happening there as I'm usually a good sleeper. I'm not my usual cold self either which is unusual too----this, since the 'flu-jab. Ah well, there are far worse things in life.

Gillybob you could do with a tonic or a course of VitB complex which I'm sure you'd benefit from. You've got more than your fair share of things on your plate and because you're relied upon so much you need to take great care of your health.x

Hope everyone has a good day and those who don't feel so good I hope you improve as the day goes on.

Urmstongran Mon 07-Oct-19 10:19:09

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s damp but mild. We have no plans (lovely). Not eaten breakfast yet - think we will have a cooked brunch around noon.

Oh gillybob we ALL are rooting for you on here! You work so hard for all your lovely family. You and mrgillybob are not in the best of health. Deep down, I think you feel trapped by it all and see no let up from work and commitments with childcare and I think it’s making you very sad. All any of us can do here is to give you a virtual hug.
? ?

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Auntieflo Mon 07-Oct-19 10:45:35

Morning Michael, Annie and all, from a damp bit of Berks.
First of all I've got to add my pennorth to Gillybob, but now I come to put it down, it's already been said!
I don't know how to raise your spirits, but when Evie comes, have a special cuddle. ? she will do you a power of good.
I am feeling low this morning, as my old hip pain reared it's head during the last few days, and won't go away.
DH is still being wonderful, and today we tackle the laundry.
To all those under the weather, gentle hugs, and have a goid day, one and all.

NannyJan53 Mon 07-Oct-19 10:48:53

Another one rooting for you here gillybob, you do so much for all your family. I hope they appreciate how golden you are.
Wish I lived nearer to help you out from time to time. A virtual hug from me too!

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 07-Oct-19 11:24:11

Good morning Mick just.

Long lie in today. Looked so grey outside. Rain back again in my part of Cornwall.

Shame after a lovely day yesterday. Started to empty the leaf compost bin.

There were some newly hatched grass snakes in big compost bin. Curled up in the warmth of the sun.

Plan to do make 2 Christmas puds today.

gillybob Mon 07-Oct-19 11:24:16

Thank you all for your kind words and understanding. I think I am just feeling very sorry for myself at the minute which is so selfish and pathetic.

I really can't see the end to this "non life" of going through the same shit day in day out, week in week out, with nothing whatsoever to look forward to except more of the same. I really don't think my DH understands how bad things are. He isn't well at all bless him so why should he?

I HATE "this place" with so much passion I can't even begin to describe it and the realisation that I cannot escape it, is sometimes just too much to bear.

vena11 Mon 07-Oct-19 11:49:34

ahhh gillybob wish I could help flowers

gillybob Mon 07-Oct-19 13:18:08

Thank you vena11 I wish I could do something to help myself instead of wallowing in this self pity.

NfkDumpling Mon 07-Oct-19 18:56:27

It's not self pity Gilly. You are the lynch pin and as such under tremendous pressure. Exactly when do you have time to do something to help yourself? It sounds as if you don't have a minute to call your own.