Gransnet forums

Chat

wireless society-are you having a laugh?

(54 Posts)
petunia Mon 07-Oct-19 07:34:22

So, is my house unique or does everyone have a wire drawer (or two). By wires I mean phone chargers, earphones, computer leads, camera leads, random wires whose purpose is long forgotten. And don't start me on remote controls. New ones, old ones, spare ones.....

As I sit typing this I realise that we have three drawers and two boxes of these wretched things. Periodically we have a blitz and sort through. The plan is to work out which belongs to what , discard the rubbish and label the others. It works for a while then a new one appears.

I despair. Each new device that comes into the house seems to come with a clutch of attachments and charging wires.

This week has been particularly painful as we changed our TV/broadband provider and had to buy a new printer. We now have 10 different remote controls. When did life get so complicated

TrendyNannie6 Mon 07-Oct-19 20:45:00

We have got chargers plugs phones you name it a drawer full

BlueSapphire Mon 07-Oct-19 20:47:42

On my goodness, my late DH had boxes and untold bags of cables, plugs, chargers, aerial cable, clips etc, that when I was tidying after he died, I didn't have a clue about. He had worked in the electrical, telecoms, radio field all his life and just saved everything in case. I am afraid a lot of stuff just went in the skip and so far have not needed a replacement anything. He would not throw anything out, everything was kept just in case.... And yes Tricia5, I would much rather have him back and have all the clutter....

BradfordLass72 Tue 08-Oct-19 08:47:08

I'm sorry to buck the trend but I don't have any cables, let alone a drawer or box for same. I feel quite deprived!

I do have a small, portable DVD player but its cable stay with it on the desk and apart from the cellphone, constantly plugged in the kitchen, there's nothing else.

However, I do have a drawer with pens, erasers, hole punch, staplers, paper clips and assorted paraphernalia**.

**That word has always fascinated me, it's so nice to say.
It means the goods and chattels a woman takes with her into marriage.

And in ancient times, the only things she had a right to take away if she left the union.