Gransnet forums

Chat

wireless society-are you having a laugh?

(53 Posts)
LullyDully Mon 07-Oct-19 08:13:17

When they get tangled up my son calls them a" snakes' wedding". They certainly seem to be able to reproduce quite successfully.

dragonfly46 Mon 07-Oct-19 07:44:52

We are the same. my DH collects wires just in case but if he needs one he buys a new one so they multiply!

petunia Mon 07-Oct-19 07:34:22

So, is my house unique or does everyone have a wire drawer (or two). By wires I mean phone chargers, earphones, computer leads, camera leads, random wires whose purpose is long forgotten. And don't start me on remote controls. New ones, old ones, spare ones.....

As I sit typing this I realise that we have three drawers and two boxes of these wretched things. Periodically we have a blitz and sort through. The plan is to work out which belongs to what , discard the rubbish and label the others. It works for a while then a new one appears.

I despair. Each new device that comes into the house seems to come with a clutch of attachments and charging wires.

This week has been particularly painful as we changed our TV/broadband provider and had to buy a new printer. We now have 10 different remote controls. When did life get so complicated