Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Tue 08-Oct-19 06:09:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside, my usual routine today.
Housework, then get bus later to Buckingham, then onwards to Bicester on the X5, I then return through some North Bucks Villages such as Steeple Claydon , Twyford, Marsh Gibbon back to Buckingham , for a coffee and then wait for bus home.
Mick

grannysyb Tue 08-Oct-19 09:01:08

In hospital after hip replacement, feeling rather sore. They're going to get me up today and walk me to the loo. Hope everyone has a good day and that the coughs and cold disappear soon.

GrannySomerset Tue 08-Oct-19 09:03:23

About to embark on getting DH up, washed, shaved and dressed - not a five minute job. Then bed changing (might get the washing dried outside as it is fine), housework and getting rid of clothes which in my heart I know I will never get into again. The Hospice shop will be pleased. Wishing everyone a drama-free day.

harrigran Tue 08-Oct-19 09:03:35

Good morning from a dry NE.
Need to go shopping today as there is nothing left in the fridge. I have been unable to walk since last Thursday but the back seems to be easing this morning.
How annoying gilly, hope the washer is easily repaired.

Auntieflo Tue 08-Oct-19 09:13:09

Morning Michael, Annie, and all.
It's bright and sunny here, and when I woke, the sky and wispy clouds were beautiful, and I watched many birds making music on the aerials opposite.

I had a good night's sleep, but my hip and ribs are still painful, as soon as I get up, so I have resorted to taking a codeine. (I will suffer)
Sounds like there are a few of us with back/hip problems.

Gillybob, what a nuisance, re your washing machine, I hope it's fixable, soon.

Have a good day one and all.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 08-Oct-19 09:18:31

Good morning from east London, not as bright as it was early on. Very indulgent so far this morning, sitting with a jigsaw since my first cup of tea. A friend lent it to me ages ago but I need to be in the mood to do them. Domestic stuff this morning, still waiting for the house to be cleared of building stuff, then off to lunch with 2 old work colleagues, with childminding to follow. Hope everyone has a good day.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:22:58

Morning all from a bright South Notts, it looks like we had a damp night.
I think I can safely say that I'm over the lurgy as - don't sat it too loud - I haven't had a really bad coughing fit for about two days now.
Expect a visit from sister later.
Hope all is well with everyone and those of you with the lurgy get over it soon.

gillybob Tue 08-Oct-19 09:43:57

I’m googling washing machine locks right now Urmstongran thank you . Didn’t realise they would be so expensive (£65 plus postage of £8.99 is the cheapest so far and I think that’s second hand ) grrrr

I wouldn’t mind I was just bragging about my washing machine on another thread recently, saying how it had been fixed many times but was still going strong . We will have almost rebuilt it soon and probs would’ve been more cost effective to buy a new one . So much for trying to be environmentally aware .

Normally DH would jump on this but he just can’t be bothered with himself these days .

Do you ever get to the point snd think what the hell next?

gillybob Tue 08-Oct-19 09:44:49

I gave it a kick when I left the house this morning just so it knows I’m mad as hell with it !

Mapleleaf Tue 08-Oct-19 09:46:07

Good morning.
Lovely and sunny here this morning, I hope it lasts. Everything looks so much nicer in the sunshine.
I hope you are able to have the lock fixed/replaced gillybob. It’s such a nuisance when the W/M breaks - we take them for granted, really, don’t we? Perhaps one of your children, your sister or your dad will let you use theirs whilst yours is out of action - it’s the least they could do, really.
That sounds an interesting trip out, mick. Hope you enjoy it.
To those still feeling under the weather, get well soon and look after yourselves in the meantime. ?

Ginny42 Tue 08-Oct-19 10:11:52

Grannysyb well done on getting up and getting going. Hope your recovery goes well and you're up and about unaided very soon. flowers

Gillybob you've made me nervous now because I was boasting recently about how long I've had my WM and that it's never let me down. flowers to cheer you up.

GrannySomerset what difficult task. I'm full of admiration for you. flowers

GrannySomerset Tue 08-Oct-19 10:31:06

Thank you, Ginny. Just wish I did it all with rather more grace!

Urmstongran Tue 08-Oct-19 10:38:11

At least you have a solution to hand gillybob and delivery should only be a couple of days, thanks to technology! You’ll be up and running by Friday all being well.
?

gillybob Tue 08-Oct-19 10:44:58

Oh I hope so Urmstongran it’s full to the brim as I had little Evie at the weekend plus our own stuff and now the older grandchildren’s school shirts, nightclothes, underwear, towels etc.
No chance of getting anyone else to do it for me (what a joke, they send me theirs) but if it’s not fixed by Friday I could take it over to my dads and do it in his machine. smile

Auntieflo Tue 08-Oct-19 11:19:19

Gillybob, might be a little late, but have you tried a company called E Spares?

GrandmasueUK Tue 08-Oct-19 11:22:09

Good morning everyone. I spend too much time reading articles and going through emails before coming on here, so it's usually very late morning before I manage it. I do enjoy reading what people are up to each day. I'm usually on the computer for most of the day, so not very exciting.

Did you try e-spares gillybob? I've used them for quite a few replacement parts of various electrical equipment. They are quick and inexpensive, plus they have 'How To....' videos. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Urmstongran you live not very far from me - we got some of our furniture from the outlet shop there and love the independent bookshop.

Hope everyone can take care of themselves, coughs and colds are so debilitating, especially in miserable weather!

gillybob Tue 08-Oct-19 11:47:48

I have used E-spares in the past for other parts for the same machine (door seals etc) Auntieflo and Grandmasue thank you , but they wanted over £100 for this particular part . I have managed to get one second hand for just under £65 on eBay. Fingers crossed it’s right ?

Urmstongran Tue 08-Oct-19 11:52:19

Hi there GrandmasSueUK ?

Auntieflo Tue 08-Oct-19 13:14:23

Oh blimey Gillybob.
Was it by any chance a Miele machine?

glammagran Tue 08-Oct-19 17:10:26

Sorry to hear your washing machine has gone kaput gillybob. Mine blew up very dramatically last night after 7 years of perfect working. H looked at it and said the drum was wrenched away from its moorings so unfixable. It sounded like Armageddon. Only on Sunday I said “obsolescence is built into white goods nowadays” so I think it must have overheard me. Ordered a new machine from JL but won’t arrive until next week. Been rather tardy of late and have tons of washing waiting.

I too have had “the cough” for the last 10 days. Felt quite unwell last week but oddly no sign of a head cold to accompany it.

Hope everyone has a good day especially those who are feeling poorly and rushed off their feet.

Resurgam123 Tue 08-Oct-19 18:15:45

It seems that very many of us are feeling rough.
I really should have got my Flu jab.
Perhaps I will tomorrow.