Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Thu 10-Oct-19 06:12:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark still but its dry here in Brackley at present.
Usual day out on the buses to Buckingham and Bicester for coffees and a shop.
As spoons have a beer festival on will call in to see what beers are on.
Mick

NfkDumpling Thu 10-Oct-19 08:41:14

Morning All

A bright, breezy morning here in the north of Norfolk which is good as I have rather a lot of washing to catch up on.

My stiffness is much better so I’m aiming at annoying the soil and obliterating a few weeds in between hanging out washing. The Cough seems a bit better too.

Pleased to hear the steroids are starting to work Marydoll, hopefully soon enough

Enjoy your “break” Gilly, I can recommend Downton - if you have time!

? Dragonfly I hope all goes well.

Congratulations to the Lesters ?

Penelope33 Thu 10-Oct-19 08:57:24

It’s ours too! 55years ago! 10th October, 1964. Happy Anniversary!

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 10-Oct-19 08:57:54

Good morning from east London, brighter but cooler here today. Tennis has been on/off/on again as someone is ill but now we’re four again and I’ve got to get a move on. School pick up later, on my own today as DP is desperate to get stuck into cleaning and reinstatement of the house, happy to leave him to it. Choir this evening, wonder if we’ll start on the C/mas songs. Have a good day.

MiniMoon Thu 10-Oct-19 09:06:22

Good morning everyone.

I slept reasonably well, and woke early. Staying at my daughter's house, looking after the grandchildren, while daughter and son in law are away celebrating their wedding anniversary. It's been 13 years, and they've never done anything to celebrate the occasion before.

Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Kitty.
Have a wonderful day.

Pantglas2 Thu 10-Oct-19 09:11:58

Lovely morning now in north Wales but was orrible earlier so went back to my pit with the chamber pot of tea!

Happy anniversary to the Lesters and Penelope33s - that’s some innings!

To MaryFinn I’m across the water to you near Conwy and Pantglas was the name of my grandparents farm where I spent lovely childhood holidays.

You all seem so busy today and I’m just going to potter and pack some hand luggage for my trip to friends place in Greece tomorrow- haven’t seen them for a couple of years so looking forward to a catch up.

Have a good day everyone and hope those unwell feel better soon x

Urmstongran Thu 10-Oct-19 09:13:01

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s a bit sunny and it is dry right now but rain is forecast.

I’m meeting a friend mid morning for coffee and probably lunch. She was widowed a few months ago and is struggling in her grief poor lady. When we meet we get our diaries out and make a date for a next meet up - that way it happens!
☕️

This evening I’m meeting ex colleagues from the hospital where I used to work, in a local wine bar. Some of us are retired, some not quite. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone - about ten of us I think.
?

Happy Anniversary kittylester! ??
dragonfly my best wishes for the treatment plan ahead ?
Hope you enjoy your beers Mick and that you rest up again today Marydoll to be the best you can for tomorrow ☘️

Here’s hoping Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Resurgam123 Thu 10-Oct-19 09:52:10

A late Good Morning. The cold I had on friday has not yet gone. My nose is still aching and I just dozed most of the day.

Not so bad today but I don't want to get into the cold after a previous experience when the cold got my sinuses and it was very painful.
I rather feel I am falling apart at the moment.

moggie Thu 10-Oct-19 10:12:38

Good morning Mick and all from a dry, sunny Nottingham. More painting today, last coat! Enjoy your beers Mick, I sampled some ales on a recent trip to Thornbridge brewery in Bakewell they were very good. Happy anniversary to mr and mrs kitty and Penelope33. Best wishes for your forthcoming treatment Dragonfly. Good idea to have a cleaner Auntyflo. Hope your washing machine will be fixed today gillybob and you are feeling a bit better and you too marydoll. Hope all not feeling very well are better soon. Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Thu 10-Oct-19 10:21:49

Glad you are feeling slightly better Mary and gilly.

Yes,it is the shark gilly.Hope it lives up to the good reviews??

gillybob Thu 10-Oct-19 10:33:01

What's this about a break Nfk? what do you know that I don't? grin

I have heard good things about the Downton film , it will probably be on TV before I get around to seeing it.

fizzers Thu 10-Oct-19 10:38:03

Good morning from West Yorkshire! pouring down here and chilly, no plans for today, in fact it is 10.35 am and I am still in my PJ's though I have been up since 8am.

Going to take a shower, get dressed, tidy up, put a wash load on and clean out some cupboards and then browse Netflix

Lins1066 Thu 10-Oct-19 11:19:17

Happy Anniversary Penelope33
Have a lovely day ??

GrandmasueUK Thu 10-Oct-19 11:21:08

Good morning everyone. OH got back after midnight last night, after working away for a few days, so it was almost 2 when we finally got to bed. He's always wound up after driving for a long time, and although he told me not to wait up he makes such a noise pottering about trying to unwind, that it's easier to stay up!

Was still up early-ish sorting out emails and orders, before having a shower, dressing and coming back downstairs for breakfast.

Made a to-do list (well I copied Tuesday's, as I didn't get round to doing things).

Will get onto Twitter and read about the latest trends in teaching, which will take up a couple of hours, then my time is my own, sort of.

Hope everyone has a good day and warmest wishes to everyone who is under the weather and/or receiving treatment.
flowers

bigcol1 Thu 10-Oct-19 11:27:12

Good Morning everyone. Lovely day today. I am at my over fifties at the mo in Poplar, E14 and tonight I am going to my drama group in Hornchurch. I have just got a part in a panto "Sinbad the Sailor" so I am feeling quite good at the mo. Hope everyone else is and I hope you are all having a fabuloso totes amazeballs day xxxxx

Cliftonkate Thu 10-Oct-19 22:38:10

Hey Mike I have friends in Evenley, Eric and Alison. Say hi fro me if you know then ?