Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Sat 12-Oct-19 06:11:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark outside, but remains wet, change of plans today.
Due to the fair in Buckingham , I am planning on going to MK on the local bus which finishes on 2nd November as a direct link between Brackley and MK .
Plans to visit the Wetherspoons , then come back to watch Lombardy cycle race on Eurosport .
Mick

kittylester Sat 12-Oct-19 08:45:47

gilly, hopefully your dh will be treated as he's been admitted! I'm sure we all hope so. Look after yourself while he is in a safe place. Let the others cope by them selves!

marydoll good that things are being sorted properly now. Look out New York!

Just an explanation of our roof situation. That bit of ceiling was due to be replastered anyway. The roofer came the day after we rang him. We need to track down the leak before we can do anything else and we need a run of good dry days to start work on that. Luckily the fall missed the desk. The insurance wont cover any of it as they assume we haven't been looking after the roof!

We were intending to redecorate the hall but it looks like I need to do a plastering course kate as they are nearly as rare as slaters!

moggie Sat 12-Oct-19 08:52:40

Just read your post gillybob so sorry to hear you & DH are having such an awful time. I hope something positive comes from DH admission to hospital. Take care & try & get some rest if you can.

Harris27 Sat 12-Oct-19 09:03:56

Morning all lovely day in ne. Sorry to hear about your stay in AE gillybob hope something can be done for your husband. I’m still waiting six weeks later for kidney stone removal and it’s paining again wish they’d hurry up. Never mind dishes to do then ironing exciting life I have!

Anniebach Sat 12-Oct-19 09:07:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Gilly, I am so sorry x

I think my younger granddaughter is coming to see me today,
hope so , haven’t seen anyone for two weeks.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Lins1066 Sat 12-Oct-19 09:14:40

Morning all from the S Welsh coast.

Sorry to hear that your DH is in hospital gilly. You take care of yourself, you are worn out and need some rest.

We too have a leaking roof and like Kitty are awaiting some fine weather to get it fixed. Fancy the insurer telling them that though, it makes you wonder why we bother to get insurance. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Lins1066 Sat 12-Oct-19 09:16:16

Enjoy your granddaughter's visit Annie.

Auntieflo Sat 12-Oct-19 09:17:50

Good morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.

Oh dear Gillybob, I'm so sorry to hear about MrG, but hope that it could be a blessing in disguise, as now he is in hospital, surely they will be able to fix him.

Kitty did the ceiling coming down, wake you up? What a sight to behold first thing in the morning. Why should your insurers think you haven't been looking after your roof?
I doubt you go up there on a regular basis and crawl around the chimney pots. Water in insidious and gets in anywhere.
Well done Marydoll for getting through the angiogram, and having the thought of a New York Christmas is something to look forward to. Now just be very lazy this weekend.
I don't know if I feel up to going out this morning, but we shall see.
Have a good day one and all.

EllanVannin Sat 12-Oct-19 09:18:33

Good Morning All x
A bright start with not having rained overnight either, even though there was mist around the moon ( rain to come soon )

Some local shopping though not a lot needed. Hoping to stick some washing out for a couple of hours to freshen.

Nails to file and polish for my evening out though I won't be too late as I'm not much good at late nights now but it's my only chance to see most of the family together because of being spread around the country so must make the effort.

Gillybob you poor thing, you won't half sleep tonight after that marathon of sleeplessness. At least your DH is in the best place so hopefully something will now be sorted. I hope so for all your sakes.

I hope everyone has a decent enough day. Stay well.

vena11 Sat 12-Oct-19 09:25:18

Good morning all, a very late start for me today over slept and its still raining here in Bristol.
Sorry about your hubby gilly hope they get him sorted.
Glad your procedure went well marydol take care and da wit yir telt and rest
Kitty that's a shame
Hope all have a nice Saturday

NannyJan53 Sat 12-Oct-19 09:28:59

Good Morning from a dull and cloudy Black Country

Not a lot planned today. A climb up to the loft to put our suitcases and summer clothes away ...booo hoo!

Tonight I am babysitting for DD as it is her DH's birthday tomorrow and they are going out for a meal with friends...he will be 46 shock. They are hardly babies now thought, being 11 and 8.

So sorry to hear about your DH gillbybob I really hope they can give him the treatment he obviously urgently needs now he is in hospital.

So please you managed to have your treatment Marydoll lets hope you are on the road now to feeling much much better.

Sorry about your ceiling Kitty we have had about 3 leaks in this house since we moved in here in 2013,. The one in the Dinning room, caused the whole ceiling to be replaced!

You can come shopping with me anytime moggie smile

Wishing everyone a good day, and any of you feeling low or with health problems, I hope they are resolved soon.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 12-Oct-19 10:28:02

Very late good morning from me, dull outside but no rain for the moment. Feel a bit guilty reading about others troubles and problems; I’ve been sitting here reading a v.good book then looking for a property for next year’s October half term holiday since early o’clock. Due to have our building works sign off today and then it’s shovels out to clean the place. May go to the cinema tonight - depends how much we feel we’ve achieved indoors. Have the best day you can.

Rufus2 Sat 12-Oct-19 10:52:28

This greeted us when we came down this morning
Kitty; My prep for Christmas is a compilation of "toasts". You've pre-emptied one of them already! grin
"May the roof above these friends never fall in; and may the friends beneath this roof never fall out!"
I'm sure the second part still holds true! smile

LondonGranny Sat 12-Oct-19 11:11:05

Morning all smile
I got home last night after DD & DH had arranged a short break in York. It was a complete surprise (which was risky as I generally don't like surprises). We had a lovely time. I'd not visited York since I was a teenager on a school history trip when we were in a Youth Hostel for the weekend.
Nice to be home though. I've never known the cat to be so effusive and delighted at my return.

GabriellaG54 Sat 12-Oct-19 12:59:06

Thank you MawB flowers Yes, I'm enjoying my running but I was not sick or unwell. Stopped for another reason which I didn'twant to broadcast. smile

GabriellaG54 Sat 12-Oct-19 13:01:54

Rufus2: I think preempted is more appropriate. smile

GabriellaG54 Sat 12-Oct-19 13:06:14

I hope that all those posting about holidays abroad aren't the same ones posturing on climate change. hmm

GabriellaG54 Sat 12-Oct-19 13:21:41

My Samsung S7 Edge cannot be used as a mssg 'custom binary blocked by FRP lock' appeared after I refreshed the system.
Samsung say they can fix but only if I pay and I will lose all data and photos :'(
I'm having to use my old Sony Xperia which cannot support banking apps and many others and it takes forever to charge. angry
I will have to buy another phone and hope at some time in the future that Samsung can recover the data as the mobile cannot be 'opened' at present.
I'm hopping mad but it's something Samsung do if you try to download an OS they don't recognise. Oh well....Grrrrrrrrr

Rufus2 Sat 12-Oct-19 14:02:19

I think preempted is more appropriate. smile
Gabriella; I could claim it as a deliberate mistake to see if anyone was awake, but I know you're too smart to fall for that! grin
But just you wait until the full list of toasts is published; there could be one for you! grin

Btw; I don't believe you've met our Sally yet, at Guildford station, a train driver with Southern. Remember?
OoRoo

Rufus2 Sat 12-Oct-19 14:16:22

haven’t seen anyone for two week
Annie; do check your PMs or is it blocked? smile

Susan56 Sat 12-Oct-19 15:07:17

Gilly,hope that your husband gets the treatment he needs now he has been admitted.
Please look after yourself too?

GabriellaG54 Sat 12-Oct-19 23:17:24

I don't use Southern railway's trains Rufus2
Mine are SW trains, Waterloo to Portsmouth line.