Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen...

(1000 Posts)
soop Sat 12-Oct-19 12:28:41

Here we are again...
happy as can be...
All good pals and jolly good company.

WELCOME!

Feelingmyage55 Fri 06-Dec-19 11:35:43

Hello all. I have been busy decluttering aka meaning to discard, shred, give away “stuff” but in reality have just more or less dusted, browsed, and been sloppily sentimental over photos, books and little treasured gifts from the children when they were little. Sigh! Off to shop for baking things so I can bake tomorrow for various Christmas Fayres. I will leave some goodies in the kitchen tomorrow once I have finished. Poor soop ☹️ We don’t like when you are out of reach.
I am a bit (very) worried about the panaches. Is anyone in touch directly? Thinking of you all.

Baggs Fri 06-Dec-19 10:32:19

Update just now from Kintyre. soop is growling and asterisking still. Seems the "engineers" can't fix whatever the problem is and have waffled on about referring it "back to base". I blame BT. we've had problems too. Used to think it was our router but now we think it's BT incompetence. We keep seeing their vans at the bottom of the hill.

Please open a new Kitchen when this one expires.

soop sends love and frustrations.

annodomini Fri 06-Dec-19 10:06:41

Lovely photograph, Maw. Many matches were made at St Andrews University. Several of my contemporaries, a few years before you, married soon after graduation - my late sister included. It must be something in the air!

Charleygirl5 Fri 06-Dec-19 09:25:04

Lovely picture- I was brought up near St. Andrews, I love the town.

Alygran Fri 06-Dec-19 08:59:42

Maw what a lovely picture. Happy memories.

kittylester Fri 06-Dec-19 08:19:32

And from me dragonfly.

We are going out in a minute - please leave directions to the new kitchen!

annsixty Fri 06-Dec-19 08:16:41

Maw.flowers
dragonfly sending kindest thoughts for today and good vibes for the next few days.

dragonfly46 Fri 06-Dec-19 08:08:49

Lovely picture Maw.

cornergran Fri 06-Dec-19 07:50:12

Two very happy people. Thank you for sharing with us maw flowers.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 06-Dec-19 07:40:03

You both look so happy Maw flowers

MawB Fri 06-Dec-19 07:14:25

Indeed Kittylester - how young we were! But that way we got longer together smile

kittylester Fri 06-Dec-19 07:12:08

Lovely photo maw. Happy memories for you. thanks

MawB Fri 06-Dec-19 06:51:35

53 years ago tonight this boy and this girl met at a party in their first term at St Andrews.
They lived happily ever after until we said our final farewells in our village churchyard.
Rest in Peace dearest Paw 1947-2017

And you know what? With all its ups and downs, I would not have had my life otherwise. ?

annsixty Thu 05-Dec-19 21:27:32

Thank you Baggs the bed is coming tomorrow so I will check it out and see how thin it is.
The Thermarest pads look good and would probably be really good on top.
My GS is tall and well built so he needs comfort and heavy duty.

Baggs Thu 05-Dec-19 21:06:24

Thermarest camping matresses aren't very thick, ann, but they're very good.

Doodle Thu 05-Dec-19 19:52:15

greyduster tchgrintchgrin
Yes don’t be leaving us yet Galen - well not until you’ve tuned up and mastered it anyway.

Galen Thu 05-Dec-19 14:15:07

I reckon it’s the only chance I’ll get to learn it

Greyduster Thu 05-Dec-19 13:40:43

Gosh Galen I hope you’re not anticipating needing to be able to play a harp too soon!! Retirement isn’t that bad!?

Galen Thu 05-Dec-19 13:33:13

Well! Got halfway through tuning the harp when the tuner flew off and demolished itself on the stone fireplace. Ordered a new one on Amazon. Won’t arrive until Saturday.
Feeling very strange, guilty that I’m not reading files as I’ve done every day for a quarter of a century. This retirement lark could take some getting used to I feel
TOYA

cornergran Thu 05-Dec-19 11:39:53

The blow up bed may not be a bad decision ann, we've had one for years - a single one which inflates itself and is 'proper' bed height - and its incredibly comfortable. No, it doesn't deflate in the night! We've not used it for a while but our lot used to fight over it. Have faith. You aren't making bad decisions flowers.

annsixty Thu 05-Dec-19 11:34:09

Commiserations corner apart from being ill one 's self, looking after a sick child is top of the list.
soop also gets a mention as I hate being cut off communicating with others.
I have a very unhappy cat this morning, she was caught with a dead bird and has been fitted with a collar complete with a bell.
She hates it, for cat lovers ,it is a safe one with quick release, I wonder how long before she gets it off.
When family come after Christmas I am going to be short of beds so yesterday I got out the blow up bed to try it and as I suspected it won't stay up so I have ordered a folding one online.
I have a feeling already it is not going to be very thick.
Oh well, I will have to wait and see and then reorder if needed.
I seem to be making bad decisions at the moment, is this old age?

Charleygirl5 Thu 05-Dec-19 11:10:12

corner very irritating when something like that goes AWOL. At least you found them.

You will be delighted to see your DinL later this evening and then you and Mr. C can retire to bed for a decent night's sleep. I do hope you have not picked up the child's bug.
TOYA

cornergran Thu 05-Dec-19 11:01:44

Hooray - glasses were in the bag of rubbish. Currently soaking in some warm water and shower gel, at least they will smell nice grin.

cornergran Thu 05-Dec-19 10:18:19

I have one thing to say - I’m too old to be woken on the hour from 2.30 by a poorly soul. I am sympathetic, honestly, but the coughing was and is driving me to drink. The patient is currently cuddled on the sofa with my best fleece blanket watching a cheesy Christmas film and happy as Larry. (Who was Larry?). Mr C is fine, he’s removed his hearing aids hmm. Me? Earplugs, a week in a spa or a long trip to a desert island please. Mum won’t be back until late tonight. Help grin.

On a more serious note I’ve managed to lose my distance glasses. Disappeared after the development Christmas tea on Tuesday. I don’t need them most of the time but how can they disappear? We’re about to search through the bag of rubbish we brought back with us. Help again. Or maybe wine.

Synonymous Thu 05-Dec-19 10:05:58

Pittcity just read your post to Himself who agrees but has added that it has to be left elbow in at right ear and right elbow in at left. I am sure that can't be right- I can't get my head round that at all! confused