Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Sun 13-Oct-19 06:11:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark , but its raining here in Brackley this morning.
Today, after my short stay in MK yesterday , going on the bus both ways.
Today, I have booked at a pub in Banbury for a Sunday roast, but my visit to the town is due to a 100th anniversary of the local bus garage , they will be having some vintage "Midland Red" buses on display and also giving rides.
Mick

gillybob Sun 13-Oct-19 09:02:01

I am so sorry to have missed your post Annie I must’ve been typing as you were posting .

I don’t want to be intrusive and ask what’s wrong, but I am sorry that you are in despair. Thinking about you flowers xx

EllanVannin Sun 13-Oct-19 09:03:39

Gillybob, if I hadn't have talked so much I'd have seen your post. I'm so sorry that things are as they are it's going to be a long-haul for you indeed. I'll be thinking of you girl and we're all here for you. xx

EllanVannin Sun 13-Oct-19 09:06:05

Annie too. Don't sit and worry if you feel you can open up about something. A problem shared is a problem halved x

EllanVannin Sun 13-Oct-19 09:08:54

Even after my merriment of last night there's something brewing which calls for an extra supply of mental strength.

moggie Sun 13-Oct-19 09:09:05

Good morning Mick & all. Raining in Nottingham. Out for dinner later but otherwise a quiet day.
Welcome giulia
My arm ached for a couple of days & I felt tired after flu jab Urmstongran, enjoy your visit.
Hope the rain stops soon kittylester.
Keep resting marydoll.
Thinking of you & DH gillybob, hope you’ve had some rest.
Hope all not well feel better soon.
Have a good day everyone.

felice Sun 13-Oct-19 09:13:05

Good morning from grey damp Brussels. Off to Church with DGs soon, we are doing the flowers this morning so going a bit early. Then to the Irish Pub afterwards to book a table for tomorrow nights quiz night. Might sneak in a wee cider. Have a good Sunday folks.

Harris27 Sun 13-Oct-19 09:14:49

My thoughts are with you gillybob and hoping like you for a miracle. Hope they look after your dear husband. To all have a lovely Sunday. I’m just keeping busy as Weather awful today won’t be going far. Welcome guilia.

moggie Sun 13-Oct-19 09:18:50

Thinking of you Annie ?

annsixty Sun 13-Oct-19 09:21:29

Good morning all from a very wet Stockport.
Just popped in to send warmest good wishes to gillybob and annie, both feeling so sad and lonely.
You are both in a hard place.
Best wishes also to Marydoll and anyone else under par.

Marydoll Sun 13-Oct-19 09:28:47

Gilly, I'm so sad to read of your situation. All we offer here is our love and support for you. ?

Marydoll Sun 13-Oct-19 09:30:36

For Annie, prayers and hugs.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 13-Oct-19 09:32:01

Good morning from east London, bit dull here although rain has stopped and it’s quite mild. Did mean to go shopping today but as DP is heading to Southend to see his brother, I’m off there instead. Just did a quick stock case of my pantry aka the dining room and have got 10 cans of chopped tomatoes; must be my comfort cushion. Have a good day and hope any troubles, illness and bits of aggravation ease up a bit.

Urmstongran Sun 13-Oct-19 09:34:35

Oops! It’s Sunday - I was up too early obviously!
?

Sprout Sun 13-Oct-19 09:46:42

Morning Mick and all. I am glad to read you are enjoying your life. I move house today so will be hectic. I hope everyone is well and those suffering at the moment hope things improve quickly.

grannytotwins Sun 13-Oct-19 09:51:04

Good morning all! I’m on my way to do my first Dan black belt in kickboxing Part 1. Part 2 next Sunday. At 70 next month, I’m 30 years plus older than the other women. I’m scared stiff. I hope I pass. I’ve had skin cancer, a pre cancerous appendix and a mini stroke on my three year journey to this day. I hope I survive!

Sprout Sun 13-Oct-19 09:52:21

Gillybob you have all my heart felt good wishes I was in the same potion 2yrs ago

Greyduster Sun 13-Oct-19 09:56:31

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is raining here in South Yorkshire. We have backed away from junior footie as it entails a run up the M1, a scary roundabout and getting wet. I was awakened at six o’clock this morning by a WhatsApp from my first born who sent me a photo from Crete of a v.large spider he found outside his hotel room door! He needs to be reminded of the time difference! Welcome Guilia - we are never anything but gentle here. Bore da, Annie; what’s up lass? Hope the day gets better for you. To all, have the best Sunday you can and be gentle with yourselves.

Urmstongran Sun 13-Oct-19 10:03:15

Big hugs to gillybob and Annie. xx

vena11 Sun 13-Oct-19 10:05:01

Good morning from a very wet Bristol.
So sorry to hear Gillybob annie that you are both feeling stressed with worry I will be thinking of you both and hope things get better, sending hugs.
Not much on for me today I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

dragonfly46 Sun 13-Oct-19 10:16:35

annie and gilly flowers

GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Oct-19 10:20:43

gillybob thinking of you and your DH, please remember to take care of yourself as so many of your family rely on.

Annie xxxxx

Grey here in SE Essex, nothing much on today, just lots of list writing as it is getting increasingly busy in "GravyGrange"!!

Roast chicken and all the trimmings for dinner....yummy!!

Destin Sun 13-Oct-19 10:21:01

Good morning everyone - I’m at a Heathrow airport hotel having breakfast after a good and comfortable sleep. I’m heading home and back to my husband in Toronto later today after a wonderful month long solo trip to Italy, Switzerland, Cornwall and London. So many pics and memories and chance to catch up with family and friends over these past few days which have been spent in the Essex countryside. I’m sitting here thinking about all the amazing experiences, the fun of discovering new friends, and I’ve also taken this opportunity to dig a little deeper and learn more about myself - who I am and what’s important to me. All is well in my world - so I’m ready to to get back home again and into my daily routine again over the other side of the pond!

Auntieflo Sun 13-Oct-19 10:58:18

Good morning Michael, and dear Annie. Please don't be in despair, come and pour your heart out, and we will listen.
Gillybob, miracles sometimes do happen, we are all hoping for one for your DH. My prayers and thoughts to you, as ever.
There are so many of us needing a bit of a helping hand, so, to all of you, love, prayers and gentle hugs.
I get emotional thinking about the tough times that folk go through.
So, enjoy your day one and all, and take it gently.

TrendyNannie6 Sun 13-Oct-19 11:30:09

Good morning everyone a soggy day in Cambridgeshire day in watching the tele for me

sarahellenwhitney Sun 13-Oct-19 11:53:06

BlueSapphire
Northamptonshire born and bred now long moved from that county knowing Northampton beat Leicester has made my, what looks to be a wet and windy Cornwall, day.