Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Tue 15-Oct-19 06:14:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks dry outside here in Brackley this morning, my usual bus trips to Buckingham and Bicester vice versa .
A couple of coffee's maybe a beer ,shop in Bicester , and return to Buckingham to a favourite café in meadow Walk, for a coffee before I wait around for the bus at the Bus stop near the old Jail or Gaol in Buckingham .
Mick

Beechnut Tue 15-Oct-19 06:20:37

Good Morning everyone.
Dark and damp this morning on Severnside.

Swimming and a homework day for me.

Although you are coming for a sad occasion BlueSapphire I’d like to say welcome to my neck of the woods. I think I might know who’s funeral you are coming for. So can I ask was he once a teacher at Lydney Grammar School?

I hope you all have a good day ?

kittylester Tue 15-Oct-19 06:40:10

Morning all from a still dark, dry North Leicestershire.

After a lovely day with DD3 and the children yesterday, I am going to do some bits and pieces on my desk and then sit down.

Hoping for good news from gilly.

Pantglas2 Tue 15-Oct-19 06:45:52

Morning all from sunny Greece where I’m half way through my stay with friends who live here. Having a great time catching up but am missing DH - never mind 4 sleeps to go!

Hope things are ok with gillybob and anyone else going through tough times at the moment x

moggie Tue 15-Oct-19 06:56:50

Good morning Mick & all from dark & dry Nottingham. Work today. DD will call by & give me a lift, she works at uni next to hospital. Finish at lunchtime today, then packing a bag to go to Palma for 5 nights with DH in the morning.
Thinking of gillybob & her DH.
Have a good day everyone & all not feeling well or struggling hope you feel better today.

Marydoll Tue 15-Oct-19 07:02:11

Good morning from a very dark Glasgow, I'm not sure what the weather is like.

Another day of resting for me, as my new meds are making me feel yukky, but I have been told I must persevere.

We have DGD today, but I shall only supervise and cuddle, whilst papa and my sister in law do the heavy stuff.
Nursery is closed this week, as it's mid term and her asthma has flared up again. We both need some TLC. smile.

I am becoming increasingly more worried about gilly, it is so unlike her not to post.

Enjoy your day everyone and for those under the weather and with worries, health or otherwise, flowers

PS, DH's fish cakes were delicious, but my BP was sky high!!!
I must have been a pretty useless teacher, as he was unable to follow any of my instructions!! grin

gillybob Tue 15-Oct-19 07:10:24

Good morning everyone . I can’t begin to tell you how overwhelmed I am at all the good wishes, kind words and PM’s I have received . Thank you a million .

DH is still very poorly . He has been on a ventilator in ICU as unable to stabilise his oxygen levels . He also had an infection. Took him off in the early hours of this morning (just before I left) and put him in a kind of space helmet to try, but not coping very well at all . Had call to say waiting for doctor to make decision whether to put him back on the ventilator but I should be back there by then . Have barely closed my eyes anyway .
I am worried sick about him and the business too . I need to tell the lads something but don’t have a clue what ?
Can’t believe after almost 30 years it has come to this . Fate?

Hope those on holiday and with happy plans have the best of times . Life really is too short . Thank you all again for your kindness and support . You are the best (virtual ) friends. Love Gilly xx

Sar53 Tue 15-Oct-19 07:22:23

Good morning everyone from a grey Essex by the sea. Firstly I would like to send my love and best wishes to Gilly, I can't imagine the stress and pain you are going through but I sincerely hope you have better news about your DH.
I had a phone call from the surgery yesterday saying the doctor wants to see me after recent blood tests. I am off to see him later. Feeling a little worried.
Yesterday I went to an induction meeting at our local hospital where I am going to volunteer. Just waiting for a phone call to tell me when I can start.
I wish everyone a pleasant day.

dragonfly46 Tue 15-Oct-19 07:25:42

Good morning from a damp Leicestershire - is it ever anything else?

Oh Gilly you must be exhausted. I hope they can stabilise Mr Gilly today. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

So sorry you are still feeling yucky Marydoll did they tell you when things should settle down.

Quick shop in Sainsbury this morning then a coffee morning with old friends - will be a good catchup.

BlueSapphire Tue 15-Oct-19 07:26:18

Good morning everyone from the train to Birmingham where I shall change for my train to Lydney for the funeral I am going to today.

Beechnut, yes, it must be the same person. I have known him all my life. My mother lived with his family for about 10 years from when she was 14 as a mother's help: he was 5 yrs old. Our families have always kept in touch and he came to see me when I was born! He was such a lovely man. DM named my brother after him.

Hoping it stays dry, and that the day goes well.

NannyJan53 Tue 15-Oct-19 07:26:59

Good Morning from a dry and dull Black Country.

Meeting a friend for Brunch in Birmingham later this morning.

gilly I send my love and best wishes. I can imagine how worried you are at this time, and you really do not deserve this happening. I hope your family are rallying round and helping you with both practical and emotional support.

cornergran Tue 15-Oct-19 07:32:53

Morning Mick, morning All. I’m in shock, it’s dry in our corner of Somerset and forecast to remain so all day. Nothing major happening here today but may venture out if the sun does.

Thank you for taking the time to be here gilly, sending love to you, your husband and your family. Sounds as if you and your granddaughter should rest together marydoll, I’m pleased you have been sensible but sorry youve side effects to deal with. Good luck with the doctor sar, those phone calls do raise anxiety.

Sending good wishes to all especially those with worries or sadness and hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

MawB Tue 15-Oct-19 07:39:04

Good morning all from N Bucks where it seems to have stopped raining at last.
Special thoughts for Gillybob, Marydoll,Sar, Bluesapphire and all with their mountain to climb today flowers

Lins1066 Tue 15-Oct-19 07:46:30

Morning Mick and all.
It is a dry morning for us on the S Welsh coast. It should be fine up the coast for you Blue Sapphire.
I'm sorry for all your trouble gilly and I hope that your husband is stabilised and that his infection is cleared up.
Take care of yourself.
Results of my scan later, feeling very nervous and dreading it to be honest.
Thinking of all with pain and sadness.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 15-Oct-19 07:47:09

Gilly I am sending you virtual hugs, I hope that there is some improvement in Mr,Gilly today. Please try to get some rest as you need to your strength at the moment. ??

Marydoll it's very frustrating having "forced rest" isn't it, it never seems as enjoyable as a "sneaked" ten minutes when we should be busy.??

Sar53, hope blood test results are ok x

Mick, I was in Buckingham the other weekend, we stayed in Villiers Hotel, apparently parts of it are 100s of years old?

Good morning Anniebach xx

Well it is very grey here in SE Essex currently dry, but I fear the rain is on its way. I really must sort out my freezers today, a job I have been putting off since Sunday. Then it will be checking my "baking larder" to see what ingredients I need to buy to make my Christmas Puddings.

Keep dry and warm folks!

Beechnut Tue 15-Oct-19 07:47:12

BlueSapphire I saw on a Facebook page people were posting what a lovely person he was.

gilly thinking and send my best wishes to you xx

EllanVannin Tue 15-Oct-19 07:49:32

Good Morning All x
Still so dark here on the NW coast but it's dry and not too cold.

GD isn't coping too well with the children and I had a phone-call yesterday to say that a co-ordinator is paying me a visit this afternoon, so I'm not sure what it will entail. The same person is seeing my D ( her mother ) this morning. I hadn't known this was going on and that GD is on anti-depressives. It's a worry ! I'll do all I'm physically able to do. This is a blow which I don't know where it'll lead to but I'm being prepared.

Poor Gillybob too, I've been there in the 90's when H was very ill and I was working and running a home so I know what she's going through and you DO feel so alone and beside yourself with worry that you keep in for the sake of the children. Above all gilly, try and look after yourself as best you can as I know only too well how ill you can feel yourself but you've got to keep going. I feel for you, girl.x

I'd better blow the dust off the mantle-piece and get prepared for the " unknown ". Ah well, these things are sent to try us I suppose.

Hope the day goes as planned for everyone.

harrigran Tue 15-Oct-19 07:52:23

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Off to Cumbria to clear some belongings from our second home which is now sold, thank goodness our car is large.
gilly I am so sorry to hear your news this morning, you must be exhausted. Sending a hug and positve thoughts for this morning's visit.

Brunette10 Tue 15-Oct-19 08:02:55

Good Morning from Fife, it's quite dull at the moment and looks rather rainy. I am so sorry to hear all the sad news this morning about a lot of our little family. Hospitals, doc's appointments, feeling unwell. I hope participating in this little get together makes everyone feel a little better and you know we are all thinking of you and sending best wishes to those who need lots of hugs just now. Out with a friend for coffee this morning, first in 3 weeks so have catch up to do. Take care everyone. Sending virtual hugs.

ninathenana Tue 15-Oct-19 08:04:33

Good morning everyone.
Damp in Kent but we are not forecast more rain until tomorrow.
DGS2 pre op went fine and it's all systems go for next month.
Gilly you and your husband are in my thoughts. Sending good wishes to all who have troubles or are feeling poorly.

NfkDumpling Tue 15-Oct-19 08:05:53

Morning All

Reading through this thread this morning the weather seems very apt. It’s very overcast and miserable with squalls gusting through.

I’m off this morning to help remove the summer’s planting from some of the boxes and beds around town and make a start on winter planting. This afternoon I expect I shall be planting up those plants worth keeping for next summer.

Perhaps it’s not a bad thing your meds are making you feel yucky Marydoll, it’s making you stay put in bed and rest! Stay snug.

I do hope there’s better news for your DH Gilly. And I’m sure your lads will rally round and can keeping that place ticking over until things sort themselves out. Drive safely and take care of yourself. xx

Fingers crossed Sar.

Susan56 Tue 15-Oct-19 08:06:06

Good morning from Shropshire.A dry day is forecast but we will miss it as off to Stafford to look after little B.
Ellan,thinking of you and wishing your granddaughter and the whole family strength?
Sar and Lins,hope your appointments go well?
Marydoll and everyone unwell,wishing you well?
Gilly,thank you for taking time to update us.You must be exhausted,I hope you get better news today.I wish you strength in all you have to do.Sending love and hugs?

vena11 Tue 15-Oct-19 08:16:15

Good morning from a dry Bristol.
gillybob I hope you get better news this morning and look after yourself.
Think of all who are feeling under the weather and waiting for results. Hair dresses for me this morning .
I hope everyone else has a good day.

NanKate Tue 15-Oct-19 08:17:30

Morning Mick and All.

Gillybob you are in all our thoughts, what a difficult time for you and your DH. ?

Sorry to hear about your DGD’s problems EllanV. Hope she can get the help she needs.

Mary do try ginger beer or fizzy water which may help with you feeling yucky. This is what helps me when I have one of my queasy moments.

Getting back to normal since the visit by my sister. She managed to annoy/upset me on a regular basis but seemed oblivious. But she had a great time ?

Off to Rummykub this afternoon.

EllanVannin Tue 15-Oct-19 08:24:46

I just want to say what a blessing this forum is. Imagine having to keep problems/ills to yourself ? It helps enormously to share worries and get things off your chest rather than festering inside which doesn't do anyone any good.