Gransnet forums

Chat

Chenille tracksuits - Please come back!

(15 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 17-Oct-19 20:30:22

giulia I knew I had watched QVC in Italy! blush

www.qvc.it/

I would recommend Uniqlo. I wish there was one in Scotland!

phoenix Thu 17-Oct-19 18:47:09

Just asking, do you mean velour, rather than chenille? I seem to associate chenille with old fashioned table cloths! confused

giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 16:00:17

suzied Thank you for the positive recommendation.

giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 15:59:16

paddyann No. No QVC here. Not heard of them but Thank you anyway.

Auntieflo Thu 17-Oct-19 15:56:13

I have only the bottoms of a "lounge suit" left now. It is a black velvety sort of fabric, Not at all fashionable, but oh so comfy.
The top became a bit snug ?, so it went to a charity shop.

suzied Thu 17-Oct-19 13:34:19

Uniqlo are a really good firm, they post out quickly and its easy to send stuff back. They have a European arm. They are really well known world wide. I think they are a Japanese company.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 17-Oct-19 12:14:25

I've got a tracksuit made in thick t-shirt fabric from Tesco in airforce blue. It has 3/4 length sleeves and pockets. It probably looks quite atrocious on me - not at all like the elegant model on the poster. The sight of my vest poking out by the neckline doesn't help, either. Never mind, it's comfy.

paddyann Thu 17-Oct-19 12:07:26

is there QVC on Italian television? There are a coupld of ranges on there Cuddle Duds and Carole Hochman ,both hav etracksuit style leisure wear

giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 10:18:32

Marydoll Are they trustworthy? Am Always reluctant to buy from firms I don't know. Amazon Italy hold virtually nothi ng of theirs.

Marydoll Thu 17-Oct-19 07:22:14

giulia, they are opening one in Milan.

I buy online from them, there are often good offers available online.

crystaltipps Thu 17-Oct-19 07:12:23

Can you buy online though ? I think Uniqlo only have a few shops in big centres and do most of their business online. Their returns policy is good too.

giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 07:09:33

Big disappointment crystaltipps! I checked it out and the shop which was supposed to have opened here in Rome last month didn't open after all. SIGH....

giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 06:51:32

crystaltipps OOH! Yummy. Uniqlo has just opened in my town. Can't wait to go. Thanks for your tip.

crystaltipps Thu 17-Oct-19 06:31:10

They’re now called loungewear - here are some comfy sets from Uniqlo
www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/women/innerwear-and-loungewear/loungewear-pyjamas/loungewear-sets

giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 06:16:26

If ever I want to sink into something really comfy and comforting to wear, I pull out my old and faded Emerald green tracksuit.

I know they're totally OUT but I do wish they'd come back on the market.

Does anyone agree with me?

PS: they don't even use the name "tracksuit" anymore, am I right?

What is your comfort wear?