Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sat 19-Oct-19 06:15:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dry outside this morning, my usual trip out , prior to my sister coming down from Market Drayton .
Bus to Buckingham , due to the fair in Buckingham, I will get the X5 to Oxford there at Tesco stop about 0955 , then when I get to Oxford go for an all day breakfast in Browns in the covered market , a small pub crawl, and then bus to Banbury ,and home, meet sister and then see how the rest of day pans out.
Mick

Auntieflo Sat 19-Oct-19 16:08:44

Thank you all for your kind wishes.
I was definitely shaken up, you don't realise until a bit later. DH took me out for coffee and that cheered me up, meeting friends and forgetting myself.
Then we went shopping and came home for lunch.
I do feel much better now, but am having a very lazy afternoon.

Grammaretto Sat 19-Oct-19 14:14:15

Good afternoon from the Scottish Borders where it has poured all morning but is at last clear.

I popped in to see if there was any news from Gilly. I hope no news is good news.

I've been busy at our community cafe and now have been trying to explain to a newish friend that you can like dogs but not want one - even to visit! no thanks.

Tomorrw we go away for a few days to DD and the DGC and animals.

Urmstongran Sat 19-Oct-19 13:55:36

Oh AuntieFlo! You’ll have gotten quite a jolt from that chair collapsing underneath you - you would never expect something like that to happen. No wonder you were shaken up. I hope you are alright now. x

Marydoll Sat 19-Oct-19 12:28:31

AuntieFlo, I hope you are ok!

dragonfly46 Sat 19-Oct-19 12:08:30

Sorry to hear that AuntieFlo not what you want after your op. Hope you get your momentum back soon.

MawB Sat 19-Oct-19 12:06:35

Good morning all from bright and breezy N Bucks
Watching the rugby - one down , one to go and then going to a matinee performance of “Gaslight” at Watford Theatre with a friend.
It’s a reworking of the story and promises to be powerful.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

NanKate Sat 19-Oct-19 11:55:28

Thank you Moggie the sparkling is in the fridge. ?

moggie Sat 19-Oct-19 10:58:02

NanKate weather is good in Palma, ideal for the weddingsmile

vena11 Sat 19-Oct-19 10:03:52

Oh dear auntieflo hope you are ok.

NannyJan53 Sat 19-Oct-19 09:35:10

Good Morning from a bright Black Country

Partner is watching the Rugby. Then we will have a wander in to town as there is a open weekend by the Stourbridge Navigation Trust at the Bonded Warehouse. Lots of canal boats, food, craft stalls, music etc.

Had phone call yesterday from my bestie who moved to Lincolnshire 2 years ago, she had been in A&E until 3am! She has been in pain for over 2 weeks. They have ruled out blood clot and heart attack! Just wish I was nearer.

Oxford is our favourite place to visit Mick

Pleased you are feeling 'human' again Marydoll

The gillybobs are much in my thoughts, I hope there is better news soon

Auntieflo Sat 19-Oct-19 09:20:22

Hi again.
I was feeling , not too bad, but I have just had the chair that I was sitting on, break under me, and I landed on the floor.

Luckily I didn't hurt anything, but I do feel shaken up. The chair is one of a set of four folding kitchen chairs, and it just snapped at the back, where there are metal bits that went into the frame. After my fall last month, my op etc, I now feel very wobbly.
Sorry for the moans.

Brunette10 Sat 19-Oct-19 09:17:17

Good Morning albeit late today from Fife. Woke up to no power this morning, on now and running. It's very damp outside and quite yuk. Have DD, and DGS's tonight for an overnight, SIL away for evening cycling so looking forward to having the three of them here. No point tidying up today. Hope that gilly and her DH are both ok, be good to hear from her. Hope everyone has a pleasant enough day.

Anniebach Sat 19-Oct-19 08:53:48

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Dark and dreary in Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 19-Oct-19 08:40:10

Good morning from East Yorkshire, at least it’s dry and forecast is promising. A herd of elephants has been running thro the house since 6.30, aka GD and GN, but DS and DN have coped admirably. Shopping is required as we can’t get by on tea and biscuits alone, and given we’re 2 minutes from the beach, a good walk later on. Have the best day you can.

vena11 Sat 19-Oct-19 08:39:51

Good morning everyone nice bright start here in Bristol.
Enjoy your visit with your DS Mick I don't see my sister very often as we are 350 miles apart but its great when we can have a catch up.
Glad you are feeling a bit better Marydoll.
I hope that there is an improvement in Gillybobs DH such a horrible time for her and the family.
Enjoy your time with your DGS Urmesdon I am having my DD to stay over tomorrow for a few days with the DGS 17 months and we will be up and going early mornings, its tiring but fun too.
I hope everyone has a peacfull Saturday.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 19-Oct-19 08:33:09

Goodmorning Mick and all x

We have a child free day today and consequently I have just woken up!!!!!

Sar53 our AS & wife take the GC to watch the fireworks on the seafront most Saturdays if it is dry.

I am going to shut myself in our bedroom, put on a Christmas film and wrap up the Christmas gifts I managed to buy on Thursday. Much too early for me, but as we are away most of November I am having to be extra organised this year.

Have a safe Saturday xx

My thoughts and prayers are with the gillybobs

Auntieflo Sat 19-Oct-19 08:29:18

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
Your day out and about Oxford sounds good Mick, I think it's about time we went again, as we could get there by bus.
Gillybob has been constantly in my thoughts, so I am hoping that she has managed some rest and that MrG is making progress.
I thought I'd lost a week when Ginny42 mentioned the clocks going back. I know I've been very lazy lately smile
Good news about your hospital appointment Dragonfly
and lovely to hear that Marydoll is beginning to feel human. So am I.
Later on we shall go for coffee with friends and a shop.
Have a good day one and all.

BlueSapphire Sat 19-Oct-19 08:25:46

Good morning all from a bright and dry Northampton. But I got soaked yesterday afternoon picking up DGD from school; that's three out of the last four Fridays! Decided to get the bus and take her to Sainsbury's as I had forgotten to pick up my prescription. Treated her to a slice of her favourite chocolate cake in the cafe, and also bought a slice to take home for her elder sister. I managed to resist....

Rugby on tv this morning, then will pop into town after lunch to pick up some veggies off the market. Bought a new dress yesterday which needs a new necklace, so will have a browse. Had gone into Next for a look round, and decided to try on the dress I have been admiring for a few weeks - it looked dreadful on me! But found one, completely different style and colour which looked nice, so indulged. Thought it would look nice for Christmas outings.

Your day out sounds great, Mick; have a nice weekend.

Hope to hear better news from Gillybob.

aggie Sat 19-Oct-19 08:20:56

Good Morning all , grey and drizzly here , no matter , not going anywhere today , unlike Michael ! That’s a pretty full on day in front of you
I am crocheting a blanket for Eldest , I hope to post it to him before the end of the month , then have another in the queue for a Granddaughter
Fingers crossed that you are on the mend Marydoll
Hugs and prayers for Gillybobs and all the other poorly folk xxxx

DoraMarr Sat 19-Oct-19 08:10:50

Good morning from a bright and sunny Birmingham. Almost- three grandaughter was up at 6.15, and we both got up and watched the sun rise, which she thought was magical. Her two year old cousin didn’t wake until 7.30, and they are now watching Peppa Pig while I have my second cup of tea. I’m going to go over and help my very pregnant daughter later- she has just moved house, they have had a new boiler fitted, and there is lots to do. I really think she should be on maternity leave, but she is soldiering on until just a few days before her due date. We will go out for an early dinner with the two year old, and then I think I will have an early night!
Thinking of Gillybob.

dragonfly46 Sat 19-Oct-19 08:08:00

Good morning from a quite bright Leicestershire- dragging my DH out this morning for coffee and shopping so he goes to great lengths not to hear the rugby score as he is recording the match!

Slept 10 hours straight last night!
Finally got my appointment for my pre-chemo session at the hospital yesterday. The post office had opened it because they hadn’t put a stamp on it!

So pleased to hear you (may) have turned the corner Marydoll - hope your DGD feels better soon.

gilly flowers and hugs.

harrigran Sat 19-Oct-19 08:05:43

Good morning from a dull, damp NE.
My old body does not like the autumn and winter, every joint hurts.
Sending love and please know that you are in our thoughts all the time gilly.

Susan56 Sat 19-Oct-19 07:56:26

Good morning from dark, damp Shropshire.
We are off to Cheshire again to see mum, we’ll go out for lunch then do a monthly supermarket shop for her.
Glad you are starting to feel better Mary doll.
Gilly,thinking of you and hoping for better news.Sending you love,thoughts,strength and prayers.x

Marydoll Sat 19-Oct-19 07:44:17

Good morning Mick and all from a very dark Glasgow.
You have a very busy day ahead Mick.
Another day of incarceration for me, I'm afraid to tempt fate by saying that I'm feeling slightly more human, but I am! grin

DD and her fiance are popping in with my prescriptions. When I mentioned to DD I had made a pot of ham hough soup for lunch, (her favourite), she declined. I have made my own, she said smugly!
She used to be a terrible cook and was always raiding our fridge when she first moved out. My job is done! smile

DDG is coming down for an hour , to look after gran , as DIL is working and daddy has had little sleep. She is coughing, being sick and continues to emulate the Duracell bunny. Steroids are both gift and a curse, as some of us know.

Best wishes to all who are poorly or have worries. flowers.
I am hoping and praying for better news from Gilly.

NanKate Sat 19-Oct-19 07:37:42

Morning Mick and All.

Hope you enjoy your sister’s visit Mick.

It looks like a cool clear day in South Bucks.

I hope the weather is good in Palma today Moggie as my favourite sportsman Rafa Nadal marries his lovely girlfriend. I will raise a glass to them tonight, I know I am daft but that’s me.

Thinking of the Gillybobs today. What a desperately sad situation. ?