Gransnet forums

Chat

Weird?

(18 Posts)
BlueSapphire Sat 19-Oct-19 13:24:00

Don't open the windows first thing, but will open the blinds at the front. Neighbours opposite have commented that they know I'm up and about and ok if they see them open. Which is a comfort now I'm on my own as I feel someone is looking out for me.

fizzers Sat 19-Oct-19 12:29:51

my bedroom window is open all year round, also bathroom window, I like my fresh air, though granted they are not open all that wide in winter!

MiniMoon Sat 19-Oct-19 12:27:18

Velux

MiniMoon Sat 19-Oct-19 12:26:46

I usually open the bathroom window.
I can't reach the value bedroom w indows, so they stay shut until I ask my husband to open them.
I keep meaning to order a window pole, but it's one of those things that I never get round to.

tanith Sat 19-Oct-19 11:50:05

Small bedroom window open all night but I open the bigger windows upstairs and down when I’ve finished in the shower. I have trickle vents on all my windows which I never close. Back doors been open most of the morning too.

KatyK Sat 19-Oct-19 11:49:14

No we don't open windows when we get up.

sunseeker Sat 19-Oct-19 11:38:57

I'm another one who likes to have open windows - how else do you get fresh air into the house? Of course if it is lashing down with rain or freezing cold they remain closed. Today it is around 10c outside with bright sunshine - so windows open smile

dragonfly46 Sat 19-Oct-19 11:38:30

I always have my bedroom window open at night summer and winter.

tiredoldwoman Sat 19-Oct-19 11:37:33

Yes, I open all my windows when I get up but I closed them pretty quick this morning . It's cold , raining and windy here !

Gonegirl Sat 19-Oct-19 11:36:28

I open our bedrom window, and the bathroom one to let the steam out. I inevitably forget to close them. hmm

Squiffy Sat 19-Oct-19 11:33:00

Windows always open here. Our neighbours knew when I’d gone into labour (home birth) because all the windows were shut!

EllanVannin Sat 19-Oct-19 10:47:25

My back kitchen window is usually open all day and every day for the cats to get out/in as they jump on the grey bin beneath.
It saves me from getting up and down like a fiddlers elbow letting them in or out.
Bedroom window is open a tad just to let the air circulate. Others around do it and I know if I don't see a window partially open I tend to be concerned. Or no lights on at nightime is a worry too. You get used to these things.

aggie Sat 19-Oct-19 10:37:18

My Neighbour , across the road and four doors up (?) always remarks when my curtains open ! I have been known to crawl out of bed , open the curtains and pop back to bed for an extra snooze .
We have an air exchange system so , in theory, I don't need to open the windows , but I do open them in the summer

FlexibleFriend Sat 19-Oct-19 10:28:59

Mine are always open.

SirChenjin Sat 19-Oct-19 10:28:19

No, we don’t open our windows as soon as we get up - it’s freezing up here!

Luckygirl Sat 19-Oct-19 10:22:59

Definitely do not open windows this weather! But in the summer all the windows and doors are open first thing.

Nonnie Sat 19-Oct-19 10:21:40

Sounds like your neighbour looks out for you, that's nice. No, we don't open the windows!

WadesNan Sat 19-Oct-19 10:02:17

Anyone who knows me knows I am not a morning person so if you ring my doorbell before 9.30 don't be surprised if I look as if I have just got out of bed (as I probably have!)

Unable to sleep last night I was up and dressed quite early - my neighbour called in just after 9 and I joked he was lucky I was up and dressed - he replied they always knew when I was up because they think it is weird that I open all my windows!! Doesn't everyone open windows when they get up?

(I should point out that he said it with a smile)