Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sun 20-Oct-19 06:27:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning, today will be visiting cemetery and tending to graves along with my sister. Then when she leaves , will get back to routine , having a steak & kidney pie for lunch , made locally.
The pie shop is in the market place not far away , and when they are baking and the wind is right you smell the aroma of the baking.
Mick

Harris27 Sun 20-Oct-19 21:28:19

Thinking of you gillybob and your dear husband. Keep strong we are all rooting for you xx

Mapleleaf Sun 20-Oct-19 16:26:11

Sending you hugs and ? gillybob.
As other posters say, try to look after yourself, too, and eat when you can and try to rest when you can.

Marydoll Sun 20-Oct-19 11:10:59

Thank you for your update Gilly, you are a very remarkable woman.
I will keep you and your DH in my prayers. flowers

GabriellaG54 Sun 20-Oct-19 11:06:41

I'm so so sad to read of your husband's condition and send the very best of my best wishes to you both Gillybob.
You're an amazing woman, really amazing but even Supergrans can break without support.
You have it on here in spirit...we are with you.
Take care of yourself and stay strong. Would that I could do more than send wishes and flowers
GG x

Auntieflo Sun 20-Oct-19 11:00:17

Morning Michael, Annie, and all.

Thank you Gillybob, for updating us, and love, hugs and prayers go to you and MrG.

KatyK Sun 20-Oct-19 10:45:13

Sending good wishes your way *gilly" flowers

GrannyGravy13 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:44:36

Goodmorning Mick and all x

gillybob your husband is in safe hands, remember to eat and drink lots of fluids - sending love and prayers.

SE Essex is trying to brighten up.

No plans for today, probably internet browsing for Christmas gift ideas.

Well done Wales rugby

Wishing all those who are poorly or under the weather are soon on the road to recovery.

CaroleAnne Sun 20-Oct-19 10:36:49

You remain in my thoughts Gilly.
Thank you for updating us you are an angel yourself.
Let's hope that the microbiologists can come up with a reason for the infection.
With love and healing thoughts from Carole.

GranEd Sun 20-Oct-19 10:35:06

Thinking of you Gillybob. Sending love and hugs. ? xx

grannysyb Sun 20-Oct-19 10:23:18

Nice bright morning here in Teddington, didn't get up till 9! DH still being a star looking after me following my hip replacement, but I will try to make some soup this morning before we go to DD for lunch, second Sunday in a row! Best wishes to gillybob and marydoll and anyone else who is having a difficult time

NannyJan53 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:23:13

Thank you for the update gillybob. Sending you much love and hoping there is improvement today

EllanVannin Sun 20-Oct-19 10:22:33

Gillybob, just focus on yourselves for the time being, never mind the business, you can't do both.
ICU/ induced coma is there to heal/protect the body from inside and I know many who've come through illnesses following this process.

Infections do happen because the patient can't cough to clear the lungs as their reflex's are numbed during unconsciousness but staff are prepared for this and will treat it accordingly.

I'm sure your DH will receive the best of treatment during these times, but the waiting game for yourself will bring its own problems so looking after yourself is vital at this stage-----easier said than done I know, but there is light at the end of that dark tunnel.

I send you love and my very best wishes xx Keep talking to him.

Sprout Sun 20-Oct-19 10:21:12

Morning Mick and all. Hope everyone is ok. Just short note as one of the Stables is leaking in the roof so needs urgent attention. Me just handing the tools up to Mr fix it. Take care everyone

dragonfly46 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:17:49

Just popped in to read your update Gilly. Sending you love and hugs and hoping there is some improvement today.

Cherrytree59 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:14:21

Gilly Thank you for the update.?

Hard as it is, Please try and keep your strength up with some food, Bananas are good.

Can you listen to some music, radio or CD player?
It could be soothing for both of you.
I know you both love your country music .

sending my love and hugs xxxxx

whywhywhy Sun 20-Oct-19 10:13:46

Sending love and hugs Gillybob. Xx

Lisagran Sun 20-Oct-19 10:11:37

Thinking of you, Gillybob - sounds like your husband is receiving the best care. Hoping for a good improvement soon. The business must be a big worry, but that will resolve, one way or another - health is far more important. Look after yourself xx

Sar53 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:10:23

I'm sending love and hugs to Gillybob from Essex by the sea. The ICU can be a very lonely place. Xx

EllanVannin Sun 20-Oct-19 10:02:22

HurdyGurdy, I was always mesmerised by the night sky in Australia, it's out of this world and the best sky to gaze at even with the naked eye. The Southern Cross is so dominant and is featured on the Aussie flag. Shooting stars galore too. The best night sky in the world I'd say.

Yiayia4 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:02:13

Thoughts and prayers Gillybob from Surrey X

cornergran Sun 20-Oct-19 10:01:22

Thank you for sending an update gilly, sending love from Somerset.

Urmstongran Sun 20-Oct-19 10:01:16

Your anxiety must be off the Richter scale on many levels gilly I can only imagine the torment you must be going through. I hope you get that glimmer of a breakthrough today.
❤️

EllanVannin Sun 20-Oct-19 09:55:51

Good Morning All x
Was up at my usual 4am for a bathroom visit, then wide awake. So quiet here you could have heard a pin drop but I eventually dropped off for a couple more hours until I noticed the sun coming up and streaming through the bedroom curtains, beautiful morning. Let the cats out, made a strong cuppa and read the paper.

Showered and dressed or I find myself still sitting in my dressing gown on here at 11am !
Mick's steak and kidney pie sounds delicious. I'll be making some of those in the winter using suet pastry. I did make a mincemeat pie yesterday in favour of a sponge cake and it smelled quite Christmassy as it was "doing".

I've moved chairs here as the sun was right on the screen, but I'm certainly not complaining about this lovely morning.

I'm hoping the Gillybob household is more restful than of late and that things are picking up a bit. It's a real worry for them all. Thoughts to all there. x

Anyone else under the weather I hope you're fortunate enough to enjoy a drop of this sunshine to give a much needed lift. Whatever everyone does today, have a peaceful one.

Pittcity Sun 20-Oct-19 09:55:41

Lots of love to Gillybob from Colchester xx

Susan56 Sun 20-Oct-19 09:49:31

gillybob?thank you for updating us.I really hope you get that snippet of good news.Sending love and strength your way.xx