Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Tue 22-Oct-19 06:11:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
My usual bus trips out to Buckingham and Bicester for coffees and snacks.
AS to getting the "Yesterday" DVD its not released until 4th November.
Mick

Harris27 Tue 22-Oct-19 18:48:37

Sending love and hugs gillybob.x hope better news soon.

Grammaretto Tue 22-Oct-19 16:17:48

Whywhywhy
Someone near me has had to take this decision for her DDs cat while they were away. Ashes are being preserved for later. It doesn't seem fair. The vets around here are very matter of fact.
I've been away from wifi for a couple of days in the highlands. Quite a good detox.
At least things are still the same gilly and no worse. Sending hugs.
Good luck Dragonfly

whywhywhy Tue 22-Oct-19 13:34:02

GrannySomerset - Thank you for letting me know about the poem - I have just read it with lots of tears.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 22-Oct-19 13:07:06

Having my one cup of coffee a day and relishing it.
Popped in late to send ? to gillybob. Gillybob, I know (from sitting at bedsides) how difficult it is to eat when overwhelmed with worry but try to drink and nibble at something. Thinking of you both again today.
Everyone else “be good, if you can’t be good be careful”. Looking at you marydoll and panache in particular. ?

GrannySomerset Tue 22-Oct-19 12:24:42

Why why why - you might appreciate Gavin Ewart’s poem “A Fourteen Year Old Cat in Winter”. Says it all. I do feel for you.

whywhywhy Tue 22-Oct-19 11:54:26

Good morning everyone from a sunny Market Harborough. Sending love and hugs to Gillybob.
My cat is poorly. She's 20, diabetic with arthritis and I have to make that big bad decision soon. X

CaroleAnne Tue 22-Oct-19 11:49:26

Good morning from sunny Warminster.
Hope that you feel better Marydoll. You probably overdid it yestarday but at least you have the benefit of having a nice clean cupboard to admire.
My thoughts and best wishes are with Gillybob(hopefully there will be better news soon) and all who are unwell.
Enjoy the sunshine everyone while it lasts.
Carole.

GabriellaG54 Tue 22-Oct-19 10:50:28

I love the sunrise photo Urmstongran
Every sunrise gives us a wonderful backdrop to the day about to unfold and sunset is the encore. Beautiful. smile

GabriellaG54 Tue 22-Oct-19 10:40:40

Sorry...
dragonfly42 dragonfly46 blush

GabriellaG54 Tue 22-Oct-19 10:36:36

Hi ladies (and Mick)
It's chilly but sunny in Godalming the noo.

Run at 06.45 was good, you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet as we were on the flatter parts of the downs.
We stopped to eat a flapjack and swig of water then onwards in a circle back to the bikes.
Granola blueberries frozen raspberries and Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey plus a toasted crumpet with cream cheese and blueberry conserve...after a shower.
I feel grrreat, as Tony the tiger used to say.
We'll folks, I pick up my new phone from Waitrose after 2pm. It'll take me some time to get to know it as it's s different brand, a bit like a new relationship. Apparently it comes with 3 cases and lots of doo-dads. Exciting? Small things etc...winkgrin
No1 son phoned last night and has planned a pre C meeting for the whole clan but won't divulge details.

I've cleaned the windows and got myself presentable so let's see what today brings.
Sending my warmest good wishes to Gillybob Marydoll dragonfly42 and Luckygirl (I hope your days get better) not forgetting absolutely everyone else whether unwell, struggling with problems or worry-free. We all need smiles and sunshine. flowersflowers
Take care and keep warm.
See you tomorrow with a shower of new emojis from my new magic mobile grin

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 22-Oct-19 10:27:52

Another late good morning from Bridlington, although I can say it was a glorious sunrise. Gone a bit grey now, plan for some of us today is to head for Whitby. GD informs me there is a ‘performance’ about to start; DN2 has informed me he was woken at 8.30 by GD to ensure he was there. GN has given me 50p to join the Halloween Club. Everything a family holiday should be. Have the best day you can.

Urmstongran Tue 22-Oct-19 09:40:12

Aw gillybob you know how much we care for you.

It’s desperately sad to think of your husband going through all this, especially when you had both been hoping for operative intervention weeks ago.
x

Mapleleaf Tue 22-Oct-19 09:21:12

Good morning from a bright but still grey South Yorkshire, though it is forecast sunny spells later.

Hugs and ? gillybob.
Best wishes to you, dragonfly, hope all goes well with your assessment today.
Marydoll I hope you have a better day, do try to relax, which is easier said than done, I know, but you must!

Healing thoughts to all feeling ill or sad today.

That's a beautiful sunrise, Urmstongran. Nature can be fabulous, can't it?

Greyduster Tue 22-Oct-19 09:11:35

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry here in South Yorkshire but that’s about all you can say at the moment.
Housework this morning, garden centre this afternoon to get a new bird feeder pole and then school run. I can hardly contain my excitement!
Glad to hear you are enjoying your holiday Alygran - a tad too hot for me, that!!
NanKate good to hear your GS is better. Scary when things happens on your watch.
Gilly you are in a dark place but we all send healing thoughts to your DH ??. Be kind to yourself.

Pantglas2 Tue 22-Oct-19 09:04:35

Lovely pic Urmstongran- a little cloudy here in north Wales but a good morning nevertheless to all, especially the unwell and unhappy, let’s hope better days are coming!

Just a bit of sewing this morning and pop to a neighbours for a catch-up - she’s usually up to speed with local gossip!

Anniebach Tue 22-Oct-19 09:03:24

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gilly so much love to you, please eat , it’s so important x

Having the hand rail fitted on the front path today,

Hope everyone has a good day x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 22-Oct-19 08:55:59

Morning all from an overcast South Notts. Am looking forward to lunch out with sister and old school friends.
I do believe that house buying can bring out the worst in some people harrigran - it makes you want to spit, doesn't it?
Stay strong gillybob - our thoughts are with you and to everyone who is going through trauma at the moment.

Cherrytree59 Tue 22-Oct-19 08:45:11

Thank you again for your update, gilly.
I feel the nurses are correct, you are coming out of shock and are now dealing with a lot of emotions.
Hold on to the fact that your DH is getting the best care and you are by his side.

I hope and pray that your DH will turn a corner and be on a road to recovery quite soon.

Please try to eat and drink Lass, you need all your strength.

Love and hugs xxxx

Sar53 Tue 22-Oct-19 08:44:14

Good morning everyone from a bright Essex by the sea. A few phone calls to make this morning and a visit to the Post Office.
Lots of kind thoughts to Gillybob, I do hope you get some better news today.
Best wishes as well to Marydoll and Dragonfly and to anyone else with sadness in their lives.
I wish everyone a pleasant day.

GrannySomerset Tue 22-Oct-19 08:43:23

Saddened by Gilly’s post and sending thought and prayers since that is all I can do.

gma Tue 22-Oct-19 08:42:37

Hope you enjoy science fair in Norwich “nfk dumpling” pity you missed yesterday though, it was the emu disection! Apparently the smell was awful!! ???
Wonder what today’s treat will be?

aggie Tue 22-Oct-19 08:35:09

Good Morning all , we had a lovely still dry bright day yesterday and it is shaping up to be nearly as good today .
Some of the pelargoniums and coleus that I saved a week ago are thriving on the floor beside the patio doors
Thinking of all especially Mary Gilly and Dragonfly

gillybob Tue 22-Oct-19 08:35:04

Good morning from the NE coast.

Day 12 and still no change . I had a strangely calm day yesterday which the nurses have described as a kind of acceptance. It’s as though your mind is no longer shocked at the sight of the person you love being on life support and that you have kind of accepted things as they are, which I hate.

Another cocktail of new antibiotics were added yesterday and various other medicines as he is very swollen which I am told will happen the longer he stays in a coma.

I cannot praise the nurses enough they are wonderful and I know he is getting the very best attention, but the fact remains that he should not be there in the first place And I still can’t understand how it has come to this it’s as though we are trapped in a nightmare. I feel like I will never smile or laugh ever again.

Thank you all for continuing to keep my wonderful man in your thoughts and prayers , I really can’t tell you how much your messages of support mean to me. Xx

dragonfly46 Tue 22-Oct-19 08:30:07

That is a fabulous view Urmston I love sunrises!

NannyJan53 Tue 22-Oct-19 08:29:22

Good Morning from a bright but chilly Black Country.

No real plans today, I need to renew my railcard, which gives 30% off rail travel. If I travel in the West Midlands, that is free with my Senior Pass smile

Good news that your DGS is now home NanKate

Thinking of Dragonfly today, and of course gillybob is still in my thoughts, and hoping for better news soon.

Hoping you feel stronger today Marydoll