Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Thu 24-Oct-19 06:15:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry this morning, in Brackley.
Planned my usual day out to Buckingham and Bicester .
With usual coffee stops.
Today workers in the residential home where I live are checking each flat for asbestos , but have arranged to carry on as normal .
Mick

CaroleAnne Thu 24-Oct-19 15:25:40

I am in total agreeance with Maw.
I do feel that your DD would not want you to feel bad about not being able to look after little Evie. You must concerntrate on looking after yourself to have enough strength to
be with Mr G who it would seem knows that you are there with him as he squeezed your hand.
Thinking about you at this very stressful time.
Carole.

JanaNana Thu 24-Oct-19 13:51:24

Thinking of you Gillybob, sending the very best wishes for your husband's recovery. Hoping there is some way your daughter can find another way around her working situation. Stay strong - take care. xx

BlueSapphire Thu 24-Oct-19 11:22:29

So sorry that there is no improvement Gillybob, but we are all thinking of you and your DH. xx

whywhywhy Thu 24-Oct-19 10:55:53

Good morning from a grey Market Harborough.

SO sorry Gillybob that you are going through this terrible time. I'm sending love and hugs.

My little best friend, my cat is no better and I have a rotten decision to make...... Soon.

Love to everyone. X

bigcol1 Thu 24-Oct-19 10:50:33

morning all. it is a bit wet underfoot here in London, tho I don't think it is actually raining at the mo. I am at my over fifties club at the mo which I always look forward to and tonight I am going to my drama. I have just got a part in a panto called "Sinbad the Sailor" as of all things, a slave seller. I love playing a baddie tho, you get booed a lot and there is so much more scope in playing a baddie than playing someone nice don't you think? I always look forward to that as well tho. I have been there for almost 10 years and this will be my 10th panto. If anyone lives nearby there are welcum to come and see us or even join us. We are called All Saints Players and we are in Hornchurch, near a college called havering College.

Thorntrees Thu 24-Oct-19 10:44:40

Not a regular poster here but wanted to send loving thoughts to gillybob.
Impossible to understand how difficult life must be, I hope you can find the strength you need for the days ahead and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hymnbook Thu 24-Oct-19 10:44:22

Morning. Grey foggy and wet here in Huthwaite. Off to the podiatrist later my feet will be relieved. Hope everyone has a good day.

Legs55 Thu 24-Oct-19 10:31:44

Aww Gillybob I'm sorry to hear what you & Mr G are going through. I've not been on here recently due to being away & not receiving emails from GN. flowers & my thoughts are with you.

Grey, cold, miserable morning here in Devon, need to go out to collect prescriptions ready for another trip North to visit Mum before Christmas.

Wishing all a good day & hope health & other problems improve. At least next week we can look forward to lighter morningssmile

GrannySomerset Thu 24-Oct-19 10:16:16

Can’t imagine how terrifying life must be for Gilly and, like the other contributors to this thread, have her in my mind.

NfkDumpling Thu 24-Oct-19 10:14:56

Is there really no one else who can look after Evie Gilly?

I’m sending courageous vibes northwards and hopefully they’ll find you. Hopefully those difficult phone calls you have to make will prove to be less uncomfortable than you fear. Look after yourself. flowers

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 24-Oct-19 10:07:05

Morning all from a wet and murky South Notts. Am looking forward to a rare meal out this evening in a pub as it's my nephew's 40th birthday.
Love to gillybob and all with terrible worries and illness.

Yiayia4 Thu 24-Oct-19 09:57:44

Good morning misty and overcast here.
Sending hope and strength to you Gilly your in my thoughts X

Auntieflo Thu 24-Oct-19 09:51:45

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all who follow.

Gillybob, bless you for having the time to come and update us. I can't imagine what you are going through, but it sounded good that your DH managed to squeeze your hand. Keep talking to him, your love will filter through.

To Marydoll, so sorry to hear about the difficulties obtaining your meds, so I hope your friend's son can help in sourcing them. It does seem so silly that they could be obtained abroad.

I was awake as the alarm went off this morning, and DH made some tea and brought us both a cup up to bed. He has only just got up! it's not at all like him to stay in bed.

Enjoy your trip Alygran, I didn't have the nerve to do it when we were there.

It's dry but very dull and grey here and the trees are very still, so not sure if rain is on the way.

Have a good day one and all.

harrigran Thu 24-Oct-19 09:47:31

Good morning, it is dry and it is Thursday.
I am so sorry gilly, your life at present is the hospital and it is not the easiest place to be for 14 hours a day.
You and your DH are in our thoughts constantly.
Sending a {{hug}} and a shoulder to lean on.

Mapleleaf Thu 24-Oct-19 09:43:00

Good morning all,

It's a dull, grey morning today - quite a different day to yesterday.

Chores to do today, though just now I'm watching all the different birds coming to the bird bath, which is a joy to see.

gillybob sending you and Mr g my very best wishes and prayers. I do hope today will bring better news. ?

To all doing special things today, enjoy. To those of you feeling unwell, sad or worried I hope that today will bring some comfort to you.

Lisagran Thu 24-Oct-19 09:33:47

Gillybob - what an awful time you are going through, you poor thing. Good that your husband squeezed your hand - he must be hearing you. The hosp will find a way forward I’m sure. Xx

Kalu Thu 24-Oct-19 09:32:50

Good morning all. Heavy rain last night so a damp but milder Glasgow and a watery sun is trying to break through. Taking advantage of it being milder I wrapped up and had my coffee al fresco just sitting listening to the birds. Bliss.

I know it must be frustrating not getting out and about just now Marydoll but don’t overdo it, your health is more important than doing anything that will knock you back. Take care of yourself. ?

Nothing planned for today so I will enjoy faffing about and pottering in the garden.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

As always gilly strong healing vibes and positivity for you both?

Greyduster Thu 24-Oct-19 09:22:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. No sun for South Yorkshire today. No sun yesterday either when we did our cold and misty Peak District walk. Lunch was nice though. Back to domestics today. Alygran! Don’t look down!? But seriously, what a fabulous experience!
Gilly sending you and Mr G strength and courage to see this through?.

MawB Thu 24-Oct-19 09:09:19

flowersflowersflowers Gillybob - we may not fully appreciate the hell you are living through, but send love and what strength we can xx

gillybob Thu 24-Oct-19 09:05:31

Good morning from the NE coast.

Well we are now in day 13. Yesterday was an emotional roller coaster again. Consultant once again asked for the sedation to be turned right down to check brain function at which point I have been retreating to the little room of sadness as it is very upsetting to watch. However the consultant suggested that maybe me being there and talking to him during the process could help trigger some positive responses . He said to talk about anything at all but just let him hear my voice which I am sure he did as he was squeezing my hands . Needless to say it was very upsetting and after about 3 minutes he became very distressed and began crying which was almost unbearable . The sedation was turned back up and within only a few minutes we were right back to where we were .

I think that finished me for yesterday and I was an emotional wreck from then on. I am not sure how much longer I can go on spending 13-14 hours a day at his bedside but I am almost frightened to leave him.

I am neglecting my family and my poor DD is losing shifts and money due to me not being able to look after little Evie. They have suggested she put in all her holidays which I think is so unfair . I have several very uncomfortable phone calls to make in the next day or two with regards to “that place” which I am also dreading.

I really wish I had the tiniest bit of good news to share but sadly not. Maybe tomorrow ? Who knows?

Thank you all again for your good wishes and prayers. I do read everyone of your comments and PM’s (thank you so much, they are keeping me strong) but there are no mobiles allowed on the ward itself.

I send my very best wishes to all those who are poorly or suffering too.

To all those enjoying happier times, outings and holidays I hope you have the best of times. smile

Well that’s me off again .

With love from Gillybob xxx

moggie Thu 24-Oct-19 08:53:48

Good morning mick & all from grey, damp Nottingham. Catch up day on chores & hairdressers.
Have a lovely day with your DGS scentia
Have a great time Alygran
Hope you get your medication marydoll
Thinking of gillbob & her DH, hope there is some sign of improvement today.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 24-Oct-19 08:49:43

Have opened the curtains and it is grey, also have a garden full of saeagulls so the sea must be chopppy!!!!

MawB Thu 24-Oct-19 08:49:37

Good morning all from N Bucks.
It was so dark when Hattie woke me around 7.30 I thought the clock must be wrong!
Still very grey and I have no idea what tge day will bring.
Sending positive vibes and love to Gillybob and Marydoll and anybody else struggling.
I have a hip/pelvic x-ray today, but typically, my hip has stopped hurting (it’s my knee now, doctor! grin )
Seems a bit pointless but if I had cancelled it would have been giving me gyp again by now.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

BlueSapphire Thu 24-Oct-19 08:45:16

Good morning everyone from a grey Northampton. DS's partner has collected the DGDs who have stayed overnight with me. Rain is forecast for later, so hope I escape as I am meeting two ex teaching colleagues in town for lunch. We were all in the same infants school in the 70s - then we were all young marrieds in our 20s!

A good Health Walk yesterday, then cut the front grass. And then the bathroom fitter arrived to see what I have chosen for the new cloakroom. He hopes to start in about 3 weeks.

My good wishes to all for today - rather envious of Alygran!

Susan56 Thu 24-Oct-19 08:43:08

Good morning from Shropshire.Not sure what the weather is doing as haven’t looked outside yet!
Welcome to the thread Scentia??
Am going to pop into town this morning then this afternoon we are looking after baby while our daughter takes our granddaughter to her end of term disco!
Mary,I hope your friend can source your meds.
Gilly,Sending love and strength to you and your husband and praying that his condition is starting to improve.x