Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Thu 24-Oct-19 06:15:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry this morning, in Brackley.
Planned my usual day out to Buckingham and Bicester .
With usual coffee stops.
Today workers in the residential home where I live are checking each flat for asbestos , but have arranged to carry on as normal .
Mick

Alygran Thu 24-Oct-19 06:23:26

Good morning Mick and everyone.
It’s dark here too but not quite bed time on Wednesday. Tomorrow/today is the penultimate day of my holiday in the USA. We are going on a helicopter trip over the Grand Canyon. Excited and apprehensive at the same time.
Sending good wishes to all who are unwell and struggling. Thinking of Gilly and MrGilly
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Scentia Thu 24-Oct-19 06:39:46

Good Morning all. I’m not a usual poster but I am so excited today as I am looking after my grandson for the day today. His mum is off on a course for the day and I have him all to myself. We have so many plans I won’t fit them all in. He is 5 months old and such a delight.

NfkDumpling Thu 24-Oct-19 06:41:19

Morning All

Still pretty dark here in Norfolk and cloudier than yesterday. Feels warmer too.

Hair appointment this morning and then maybe going over to DD2 to help with dining room painting.

Hope there’s good news from the Gillys today.

NannyJan53 Thu 24-Oct-19 06:52:11

Good morning from a dark and slightly misty Black Country.

Today I am driving over to Mums in Wolverhampton, then we are going on the bus to Stafford. My DS works there, so will meet him for lunch.

Welcome to the thread Scentia how wonderful to have your baby DGS for the day.

Thinking of gillybob and hoping there is some improvement.

Wishing everyone a good day

Lins1066 Thu 24-Oct-19 07:04:16

Good Morning from the South Welsh coast.
You will have a wonderful time Alygran, our son and daughter in law did that helicopter ride last year and loved it.

Hope Marydoll and Gilly are ok and looking after themselves.
Cleaner coming today.
Enjoy your day Mick and everyone.

kittylester Thu 24-Oct-19 07:12:45

Morning all from a dark North Leicestershire.

As it's Thursday, it must be Sainsbury's!! Before that I will take our cleaner to DS1's flat. This afternoon I am off to Derby to do the school run.

Love to gilly, as always.

Sar53 Thu 24-Oct-19 07:17:46

Good morning everyone from a still dark Essex by the sea. I've been awake since about 5'sh, DH coughing for England and all sorts of silly things running through my brain.
I have a contact lens check this morning plus a little shopping.
My very best wishes to anyone suffering today especially Gillybob.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Thu 24-Oct-19 07:19:40

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Dark but dry yet. I had my flu jab yesterday and met a woman in the queue who was planning a Halloween party for her 5 month old gs. We used to just push them in the pram ?
I plan to get the garden into shape with my new volunteer helper who arrived last night, and visit my disabled friend. I will need to get up first.
I pray for better news from Gilly
Hope you all have a good day.

Ginny42 Thu 24-Oct-19 07:21:32

Good morning Mick and everyone. How nice it is to have people to say Good Morning to! A little late for me this morning as I had a really good sleep for once.

I'm not even thinking about the weather here in Cheshire today as I saw the forecast last night and it's not good, so will just take what comes.

I've got painting group this morning and getting on with my Klimpt style painting. When my DGS saw it he said, 'I'm not sure what's going on there grandma.' grin Then lunch in a nice little café by the hairdresser's and then get my hair done.

Welcome Scentia, how lovely to have your baby GS.

Thinking especially of all who are struggling at the moment. Hoping for better news from the Gillybobs today. Hope Marydoll is following Dr's orders. Take care everyone and enjoy your day. xx

Beechnut Thu 24-Oct-19 07:22:27

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is a damp and misty or foggy start.

Exciting day ahead Alygran.
I’m out all day doing something I love so I hope all of you enjoy your day and thinking of gillybob ?

Brunette10 Thu 24-Oct-19 07:30:22

Good Morning from a damp Fife, had quite a bit of rain last night. Welcome Scentia have a lovely day with your grandson. Have hairdresser today along with some shopping. I too hope that Marydoll is keeping better and we await news from Gilly hope there is an improvement. Good wishes to all.

ninathenana Thu 24-Oct-19 07:30:44

Morning all.

Dry but only half light here in Kent. I have to take the car to the garage after it failed it's MOT on Tuesday. I've never had that happen before.
Alygran a helicopter over the Grand Canyon wow I am very envy it's on my bucket list. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
Thinking of gilly Marydoll and all who need a virtual ((hug))

cornergran Thu 24-Oct-19 07:31:07

Morning Mick, morning All from a chilly, dark and dry corner of Somerset. Other than drifting out for some lunch somewhere as yet undecided and a spot of ironing little on the agenda today. A special thought for gilly and all with health or other worries. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Thu 24-Oct-19 07:52:39

Morning Mick and All.

I agree Ginny our Good Morning thread is an excellent way to start the day. How interesting your Art Class sounds. Have you ever tried to replicate Seurat (I think that is how you spell his name) the chap who cleverly painted pictures from coloured dots?

It’s grey and could rain here in South Bucks.

I’m regretting now agreeing to join a friend at a local hotel for two talks and lunch on finance and investment ? To be honest I only agreed because I had never had lunch at this riverside hotel. I hope I don’t nod off. However the friend will be lovely company.

Hoping for better news from the Gillybobs.

EllanVannin Thu 24-Oct-19 08:00:13

Good Morning All x
Although still on the dark side here on the NW coast it's dry by the look of things.
Washing dried beautifully yesterday thank goodness, folded and airing on the maiden overnight.

Off out for an hour or so this morning with D while she leaves the builder to a dusty job indoors. He is so trustworthy and such a good worker that she leaves him to it and has engaged him to do all the jobs that she has waiting.

My thoughts are with the Gillybob's and eagerly waiting for a small sign of improvement from her DH.
Also Marydoll in getting her medication on the right track.
Hope everyone else is alright too.

dragonfly46 Thu 24-Oct-19 08:00:38

Good morning all, still dark here in Leicestershire. Meeting friends for coffee so we can set the world to rights.

I don’t envy you NanKate any talks about money bore me rigid.

Thinking about the gillybobs and Marydoll and sending love.

Marydoll Thu 24-Oct-19 08:01:00

Good morning all from a still dark Glasgow, 10 degrees here. Unsure what the weather is like here, as it's still quite dark.

Welcome Scentia, and have a lovely day!

I'm frightened to tempt fate, but I feel a bit better this morning and quite upbeat. Your kind words have helped me on my journey, otherwise I think I would have wallowed!!! grin

After a lengthy discussion with my GP yesterday, he reluctantly agreed to allow me to take a break from one of my new drugs for a few days , as I'm sure that's what is making me feel so ill.
I had all the symptoms of an allergic reaction and as I have previous in that department, I'm not taking any chances.
I have to gradually re-introduce it next week.

My friend's son is a pharmacist and he is trying to source my unabtainable RA drug, he will contact me later.
My consultant told me yesterday, that not even the hospital pharmacies have any. One patient bought her medication in Spain, whilst on holiday! ? It's shocking!

We have a nursery pick up this afternoon and I'm hoping to go with papa to pick up my wee grandaughter. Today will be my first day out in two weeks.

As always, the Gillybobs are in my thoughts and prayers and also anyone else who needs them.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 24-Oct-19 08:02:19

Goodmorning all, not sure what the weather is like in SE Essex as the curtains are still drawn, cannot hear the seagulls that move up from Sar53's location so sea must be calm?

Alygran we flew from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon 2 years ago, it was spectacular.

Hope all who have been feeling poorly are feeling better.

gillybobs thinking of you xxx

oldgaijin Thu 24-Oct-19 08:05:56

Good morning from a dry Aberdeenshire, but it's dry and there's a bonny sunrise.
Daughter arrives this morning off the red eye, in time for breakfast. Hurrah!
My eye is a bit scratchy this morning but my new vision is fantastic...where did all those wrinkles come from?!
Have a great day.

vena11 Thu 24-Oct-19 08:14:36

Good morning all from a dry Bristol.
Marydoll don't over do it today no cupboards.
Alygran I would love to do that.
Scentia welcome enjoy your GS.
Just a bit of housework for me today and then maybe some shopping, DH and I have have developed my DGS cold, actually DH has the flu.
I hope everyone has a good day

gillybob {flowers}

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 24-Oct-19 08:23:17

Good morning from Bridlington, looking a tad damp out there and forecast not good. However it is our last day so a trip/walk around Flamborough Head will happen. Have a good day.

aggie Thu 24-Oct-19 08:26:24

Morning all , lovely still dry day here , nothing in my planner for today .
We had a great visit yesterday to our local museum with a special exhibition about WW11 . There was a lot about a cousin who was shot down in a Lancaster and died in Poland
Hugs and prayers for all the poorly especially Gilly and
Mary , behave Marydoll and rest !

Urmstongran Thu 24-Oct-19 08:27:51

Good morning everyone from a dark and cool South Manchester. I suppose we’ll be glad the clocks go back this weekend in that respect. Lighter mornings!

Thank you for my first laugh of the day Grammaretto We used to just push them in the pram ? so funny!

I assume you’ve not arranged a Halloween party then for your five month old grandchild Scentia?! Bet you are fizzing with excitement for today. Welcome to the thread by the way.
?

Another one here with a hair appointment. I don’t think I want it cutting as we are off to a wedding tomorrow afternoon and I have a fascinator to wear. The ‘dressing’ part of the hair would be good - some old fashioned backcombing and industrial strength hairspray should do it.

We go back to Spain next week Marydoll perhaps I should go to a few pharmacies and buy a box of your RA meds in each and post them to you when I return so you wouldn’t have to worry this winter, Funny isn’t it what you can just buy over the counter there. My daughter forgot to pack her tablets for anxiety once (which induced more anxiety when she realised!) and it was a public holiday weekend. She found a pharmacist on duty and bought a box for €3.

Thinking of gillybob and her husband today, hoping for better news as we all are on here.

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Susan56 Thu 24-Oct-19 08:43:08

Good morning from Shropshire.Not sure what the weather is doing as haven’t looked outside yet!
Welcome to the thread Scentia??
Am going to pop into town this morning then this afternoon we are looking after baby while our daughter takes our granddaughter to her end of term disco!
Mary,I hope your friend can source your meds.
Gilly,Sending love and strength to you and your husband and praying that his condition is starting to improve.x