Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Fri 25-Oct-19 06:14:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day for me shop, bank etc, ready for the weekend.
I go on a mystery one nighter tomorrow , after I have done this.
More detail as to where I may be going later.
Mick

EllanVannin Fri 25-Oct-19 08:49:38

The support here is something else.Thankyou to All x

moggie Fri 25-Oct-19 08:50:49

Good morning Mick & all from grey, damp Nottingham. DD & 2 dogs coming over to stay for weekend (while new kitchen & bathroom being installed). Asda delivery this morning & go to DS’s to check on puppy & take her a walk.
Out later for Caribbean tapas this evening with DH.
Enjoy your evening mick
Have a great time at the wedding urmston
Hope your DGD gets good treatment & support EllanVannin
Best wishes Dragonfly
Thinking of gillybob & DH, hope there’s some improvement today.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Fri 25-Oct-19 08:52:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. We are in for a wet day apparently. DH has the cold to end all colds but has a routine medical appointment which he won’t cancel so they won’t be very pleased to have him sneezing all over him. I will go to the library later.
Hope you’re managing to get some sleep, Gilly. Please take care of yourself.

Grammaretto Fri 25-Oct-19 08:52:41

So your nightmare continues Gilly I will keep praying for him to pull through. It sounds as though his will is still intact and he is responding at last but it is a dreadful situation.
I hope you manage to get a bite to eat.

Here it's a fairly calm day in the Scottish Borders. I am not feeling great. I'm guessing it could be a reaction to the flu jab.
Yoga later if I feel up to it or maybe going back to bed

Ginny42 Fri 25-Oct-19 08:53:45

Gilly, massive hug and warm wishes to you both. This is a nightmare for you and you're being so brave.

Are you there alone? I worry about you coping all alone. I'm glad these messages help to reassure you that you are thought of with compassion and respect for your courage.

Typical of you to think of others when you're living through a nightmare. Look after yourself. xx

Annapops Fri 25-Oct-19 08:59:06

Take care Gilly. Thinking of you at this difficult time.

gillybob Fri 25-Oct-19 09:00:37

Just quickly before I dash out ....

His lungs were fine when he went into hospital. No coughs or even a sniffle. He rarely ever gets a cold. He was also fine up to 12 hours after his op and was even taken to the post operative recovery ward , then suddenly ...BANG...he was unable to breathe and was rushed down to ICU with a crash team where he was placed in and induced coma and ventilator and here we are day 14 (well kind of 15 if you count Friday -Friday) .

You are right when you say he cannot cough EllanVannin although he is still going through the coughing motion through the ventilator which is completely unproductive and makes his BP shoot up, it’s very upsetting to witness.

Anyway my point is that the initial infection must’ve been caught on the ward or in the theatre although I appreciate that having a ventilator, tubes, cannula’s etc do increase the risks significantly too. They told me on Monday that he had tested 99% for legionella (caught where???) and began the appropriate treatment and then on Wednesday they told me that the 1% had come back as something that mimics legionella so back to square one again. I can’t even think straight myself now. Sorry . X

Anniebach Fri 25-Oct-19 09:01:01

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gilly sending much love x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Lisagran Fri 25-Oct-19 09:04:19

Oh, Gilly I had hoped there would be better news from you today - your poor husband. It really does seem that the hosp are doing their best though. Hope you are looking after yourself - do eat regularly and well.
Weather here in North Devon has changed today - heavy rain in the night and drizzle now. Going to Barnstaple today, then back home tomorrow. Been interesting to visit this area. Woolacombe Bay yesterday was wonderful. Hope all have a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 25-Oct-19 09:11:24

Good morning all xx

Gillybob thinking of you as always, remember to eat and drink lots of fluids ???

EV Oh dear I hope your GD is getting the support she needs from the NHS as well as from you and her family ???

Marydoll enjoy your GD but please do not over do things ???

Urmstongran enjoy your wedding ??

Mick have a great time on your Mystery Night?????

I am having to do my Saturday “errands” today as had phone call from hospital, they had a cancellation tomorrow so my endoscopy is now 11.50 am. Absolutely terrified, but best to get it over and done with.

Keep safe folks x

kittylester Fri 25-Oct-19 09:21:24

Thank you for the update golly. Its so hard for you to watch and wait.

gd, bet my dh's cold is worse than your dh's cold!! grin

Try not to worry gg.

lisa, you have brought back happy memories of holidays in Woolacombe when the children were young.

EV you know that gn is here to listen whenever you need us.

Right, off to tend the patient!

Nannytopsy Fri 25-Oct-19 09:23:50

Just surfacing! We went to a funeral yesterday, a round trip of nearly 400 miles, which has left me very stiff after sitting for so long. Cooking for DS et al for tonight, as they return from holiday, then babysitting.
I wish all the best for Gilly, Dragonfly, GG, EV’s family, Marydoll and anyone I have missed. Enjoy yourselves immensely Urmstongran &Mick!

harrigran Fri 25-Oct-19 09:42:58

Late good morning from a grey NE.
Housework today and probably shopping as it is half term commencing today and we will have one or both GC next week.
My thoughts are with gilly and pray they get on top of the infection soon.

vena11 Fri 25-Oct-19 09:46:42

Good morning from a very wet and miserable Bristol.
My thoughts are with you gillybob just terrible for you and your poor DH.
dragonfly hope all goes well for you today will be thinking about you.
Mick enjoy your evening .
Urmston enjoy your wedding
I hope everyone else has a pleasant day

Kalu Fri 25-Oct-19 09:48:54

Good morning all. Damp and colder in my part of Glasgow too.

I have arranged for cleaners and decorators to start work in a couple of weeks so a trip to buy paint is my objective today.

Every time I go for paint I can’t help but remember when driving home years ago with 5Ltrs of Daffodil Yellow for DD2s bedroom, somehow, the lid came off and most of the contents spilled over the floor of the car!

Enjoy being out in the world again today Marydoll

I am hoping so much that your DH turns a corner soon gilly. The waiting for it will be taking its toll on you mentally and physically so don’t forget to look after yourself too?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 25-Oct-19 10:01:37

Morning all from a damp South Notts. Back to normal as yesterday evening the family gathered to celebrate nephew's 40th birthday at a pub. Fish and chips for me as usual followed by a sticky cake.
Hope all is well with everyone, thinking of you gillybob and all of you with worries.

glammagran Fri 25-Oct-19 11:11:44

Gillybob I am so very sorry you haven’t got better news. I hate to ask, but your DH’s problem wasn’t gall bladder by any chance? Just I know of 3 people in the last year who were badly let down re: gall bladder, one of whom ended up in ICU with sepsis when it eventually burst.

Mapleleaf Fri 25-Oct-19 11:19:59

Good morning,

It's still dry here for now, but the rain is expected this afternoon.

gillybob, thinking of you and your DH, and send warm thoughts. ?

? dragonfly - hope all goes well for you today.

Auntieflo Fri 25-Oct-19 11:52:20

Good morning, just, to Michael, Annie and all.

I am sending Gillybob, a huge, gentle hug, hoping and praying for a light at the end of the tunnel for her and her DH
Does the hospital have a garden where you could go for a peaceful breather every now and again?

To all others who have their own problems and worries, also best wishes with their treatment.

I have nothing planned for today, although I have done a small wash, but it is too damp to put outside.
Must ring the heating chap, to arrange for a boiler service, as I keep forgetting.
Have a good day one and all.

sarahellenwhitney Fri 25-Oct-19 15:46:04

Gillybob
First I sincerely hope the outlookis good for H. Second like you have been in similair circumstances so question how with much available health wise can someone experience HAI with what is or should be a seemingly straightforward operation then observe it turn into a possible life threatening situation.What science achieves has to be put into practice. How can this be carried out when all we hear is of a vastly overstretched NHS.Until this is corrected their will unfortunately be continuation such as the likes of yours and mine.

Gonegirl Fri 25-Oct-19 17:52:27

Gillybob I am so sad that you and your DH are having to go through this. Life is just bloody unfair isn't it. Sending love. It's all I can do. xxx