Gransnet forums

Chat

Testicle-waxing Update

(43 Posts)
FarNorth Sat 26-Oct-19 19:21:27

Jessica Yaniv has lost his legal case against several beauticians who refused to give him a personal waxing service.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/breaking-jessica-yaniv-loses-cases-against-women-who-wouldnt-wax-her-balls/?fbclid=IwAR1CA5qsVaDckfyEnu2Jpj5iwdgT2uTkHOfPL5zxC7IsXA_VOiqWQ7Wu5-s

PamelaJ1 Tue 29-Oct-19 12:46:53

Far North- point taken.
I will try and give more thought to my phraseology in the future. I am very aware of the importance of this subject. Not an expert by any means but aware.

I am now on my way to the naughty step.

FarNorth Tue 29-Oct-19 12:56:44

PamelaJ1 smile

B9exchange Tue 29-Oct-19 12:57:37

I see the person identifying as a man who gave birth to a child is now appealing the decision that a person who gives birth to a child has to appear as the mother on the birth certificate.

I just don't understand how someone who wants to be known as a man could want to give birth?

Loislovesstewie Tue 29-Oct-19 12:58:04

I think that any individual can do what they want to their own body , BUT they can't force others to go along with something which is distasteful to them. I wouldn't want to have to wax a man's scrotum and can understand that others might want to avoid that. Another example , I don't like tattoos, I don't have any and wouldn't become a tattoo artist. If other's want to do so that is their business. I think when dealing with 'personal services' then no-one should have to carry out tasks which they find abhorrent.

And, yes, this person is just out to make mischief.

Davidhs Tue 29-Oct-19 13:05:51

Just to be clear in my mind I have heard that males can self identify as female. Does this mean that men can use any female services they wish before they have been emasculated
Even enter women’s classes in sports etc.

PamelaJ1 Tue 29-Oct-19 13:18:26

And enter beauty contests Davidhs - this is in the Times today.

FarNorth Tue 29-Oct-19 13:32:42

Davidhs there is legal provision in the Equality Act 2010, for males, or females, to be excluded from anything if it is a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim.

In practice, however, this is being increasingly ignored in, for instance, hospitals, prisons, Girl Guides.

Fennel Tue 29-Oct-19 14:07:27

I think there have been some disputes in athletics. ie men changing to women competing in female athletics.
Can't quote references though, and not sure which countries.

FarNorth Wed 30-Oct-19 12:51:00

Here is a quote from an article about a man, Rachel McKinnon, who competes and wins in women's cycling.

Why am I calling McKinnon a man — when, perhaps for complicated reasons, he would rather be called a woman? Why don’t I compromise and call him a “trans woman,” as others do? Or be polite and address him by “she/her” pronouns, like everyone else in the media?

FarNorth Wed 30-Oct-19 12:52:31

A link to that article, if you'd like to read more :

www.nationalreview.com/2019/10/rachel-mckinnon-is-a-cheat-and-a-bully/?fbclid=IwAR3kpjRqyZRVMnPIMjoaOSWwqdPS64T7tX3NMbEKUmnIlp6C6utzV4iH1Ko

Fennel Wed 30-Oct-19 21:08:13

thanks for that, FarNorth.
oh dear.
The one I had in mind was in some sprinting race.

Davidhs Wed 30-Oct-19 21:09:39

Then the answer is simple all birth females simply refuse to compete against trans females
The answer is in their hands the sports regulators would have to take action unless they want an all trans event.

Deedaa Wed 30-Oct-19 21:56:55

Going back to waxing "her scrotum " I would have thought that expecting a woman to do this with no previous warning could well count as sexual assault. Just as it would if a random man in the street wanted you to touch his genitals.

TerriBull Thu 31-Oct-19 08:20:40

"Wax her balls" should be an oxymoron but who was the character in "Alice in Wonderland" who said "I am whoever I want to be" which seems to be the strange world we inhabit these days. I'm wondering if Jessica Yanis used her own money in bringing a private prosecution against the unfortunate women who wouldn't touch her bollocks, or whether public money was used shock

Transwomen of the Rachel McKinnon variety, might like to take on board that women tend to sit with the legs together rather than akimbo in that man spreading way I've seen her photographed in. Although of course that may be the natural stance when genetalia precludes one from keeping their legs together, visually a slight giveaway along with the big beefy arms, shoulders, a masculine torso, muscly thighs, calves a 6 foot plus frame. Nevermind all mitigated by the sparkly nailvarnish and purple highlighted hair.

Elegran Thu 31-Oct-19 09:08:25

But all done in the best possible taste

FarNorth Thu 31-Oct-19 18:01:38

Olympians like Sharron Davies are furious that the standards are so low now that men can compete against women "no surgery required ... no hormones ... no medical diagnosis ... just self-ID and reduced testosterone to a level [still] x5 the highest average (98 percent) of [real] females." It's "madness!" she argues. The whole reason we have men and women's sports, she points out, is "because we are biologically different. Performance 100 percent confirms that. The reason steroids (including testosterone) are on the banned list is because using them give[s] you an advantage."

www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/6-foot-5-inch-male-wins-girls-running-event-named-woman-of-the-week?utm_content=bufferaa1d9&utm_medium=LSN%2Bbuffer&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=LSN&fbclid=IwAR3-_n7ayRnGPL5o6ROENIe5eboEKS3JBLftAZELIVKVAnouyAnV50bRvHc

Fennel Thu 31-Oct-19 18:12:33

Welldone FarNorth for the link.
I'm interested in this part of the subject because in my young days I was a competitive runner. I've got medals.
I would have been furious if someone like this had challenged me.