Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(58 Posts)
Beechnut Sun 27-Oct-19 07:26:46

Anyone up?

Auntieflo Sun 27-Oct-19 15:14:20

Another late post from me, but Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
We both slept well last might, and I even managed to change the oven clock, without resorting to a few bad words, last night.
Church was lovely this morning, and as I haven't felt up to going for the last three weeks, lots to catch up with our friends.
Mr Gillybob, was in my heart all through the service, and after reading Gillybob's post, up thread just now, I am hoping that finally there is good news for them both.

We ( that would be the royal we) have been cutting down the enormous growth on out smoke bush. It has gone mad and has suffered in the high winds. I was instructing from nearby.
I don't think we will be able to get it all down, so there may be a job for DS2 when he visits on Wed.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday one and all.

jacq10 Sun 27-Oct-19 12:18:18

Can't believe it is nearly a year since I met up with you all in Glasgow Marydoll It was my first "outing" since DH had passed away and it was difficult but so worthwhile. I have gained so much by joining Gransnet. It has been hard to share experiences similar to my own but also comforting. You have not had a good year yourself but I know from meeting with you that your indomitable spirit will see you through and you bring so much cheer to keep folks spirits up.

Feelingmyage55 Sun 27-Oct-19 11:56:36

Good morning. Sun through the trees and another golden but chilly day in the north of Scotland. Beautiful frozen gossamer spiders’ web everywhere.
gillybob You are amazing. Hope your DH has turned a corner from your report. You must be exhausted. I hope one of the Ac can visit for an evening and let you go home to get a full night of sleep - I also understand how difficult is is to take yourself away from the bedside. Keep on keeping on. I send you both love and prayers.
To everyone else, have the best Sunday you can. Hymnbook I am sorry you are so lonely. I hope you have a good book and are warm.

Marydoll Sun 27-Oct-19 11:21:02

Jacq, lovely to hear from you. I have fond memories of our Glesca Grannies meet up.
Safe journey, I'ts not much warmer down here than up your way! Bbbbrrrrr!

GabriellaG54 Sun 27-Oct-19 11:08:03

envy

jacq10 Sun 27-Oct-19 10:54:31

A quick post to say I am travelling down the A9 in Scotland at the moment enjoying the "Alpine" scenery - snow topped mountains and glorious sunshine!!

Curlywhirly Sun 27-Oct-19 10:51:08

Good morning all. First time I have read this daily thread - what a wonderful bunch you are! So supportive of each other and no animosity smile. It's so refreshing to read such lovely comments thanks.

Hymnbook Sun 27-Oct-19 10:37:24

Morning everyone. What a beautiful morning. Sunny and dry. Long may it continue. Didn't sleep well last night. Sausage casserole in the slow cooker overnight. No plans for today. Another lonely Sunday. Hope everyone has a good day.

namaste Sun 27-Oct-19 10:30:50

Morning all well I did not benefit from that extra hr was awake at the time if I was going to work, just had a nice breakfast coffee quick check on this site then off for a woodland walk enjoy this dry weather a nice roast on my return
Have a good day all ?

Mapleleaf Sun 27-Oct-19 10:14:01

Good morning from a bright and slightly breezy South Yorkshire.

Hope you all remembered to put your clocks back.

gilly thinking of you and your DH, and pray that today is the start of your husband getting better. The collective best wishes and kind thoughts of all GN's on this thread continue to wing their way to you. ?

Yes, I hope mick had a good trip yesterday and didn't get too wet. The fields near us flooded onto the road yesterday, and the river has burst it's banks near our town. Here's hoping it will start to recede in this drier weather.

Best wishes for a good Sunday, and to all feeling unwell, sad or worried, I send you kind thoughts.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 27-Oct-19 09:35:09

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny here and wind has dropped. More clearing up to be done in the house then off to a local pub this afternoon where a group a friend sings with are celebrating their 10th anniversary. Have a good day.

BlueSapphire Sun 27-Oct-19 09:26:10

Oh dear, I am having to write this all over again, as my finger slipped and the whole post disappeared!

Good morning all from a bright and sunny Northampton. I did indeed get very wet and cold at the rugby yesterday and had to change into dry clothes the minute I got home. But it was worth it as we came away with a handsome win. Settled down to watch the recording of the England match and realised that I'd only recorded the build-up - didn't realise that that and the actual match were two separate programmes! And I couldn't get it on catch-up.

Nothing planned for today, will just catch up with the weekend papers and do the puzzle pages, and read my library book. Waiting in for my new vacuum cleaner to be delivered.

Hope that Gilly's DH has had a good night and not needed the ventilator. Marydoll, hope you take it easier today. My best wishes to all with worries and troubles and trust that today eases them.

Sprout Sun 27-Oct-19 09:24:40

Good morning MICK and all. Sunny here in Essex by the sea. Getting used to my new environment but miss my family daily. All though only down the 127 it's not the same as seeing them every day. Hope all is well with you all and those feeling poorly get better soon and spend another hour in bed.

Harris27 Sun 27-Oct-19 09:22:16

Thinking of you gillybob what a time your having x thinking of you. Went to bed early again and counting my days to my stone op hope I get there the pain is quite bad and I still have 12 day’s to go. The painkillers are helping it making me feel sick better when I lie flat so early night planned. Love to all today.

Urmstongran Sun 27-Oct-19 09:11:06

A late good morning from a gloriously sunny South Manchester. We slept in until 8am (9am in old money ha! I do this for a day or two when the clocks change!). My husband is making his signature dish of chilli (he puts in red wine, mushrooms and extra garlic) and he brought me a cuppa in bed with my iPad. I don’t even need to be sous chef. I’m going to watch Andrew Marr in bed ...

Daughter and son in law are taking the smalls to Blackpool zoo for the day - gorgeous weather for last day of half term!
We’ve invited my father over to eat with us so husband will drop some chilli off for the zoo visitors on the way to pick him up. Nice for them to have a meal ready for this evening after they’ve bathed the children.

We 3 will go to the pub first ‘for one’ then up here to eat. A very relaxing day for ME anyway.

Gillybob I think this might tentatively be the beginning of good news for you and your family. I truly hope so. You seem such a nice person. Fingers crossed for continued progress ?

Hope Sunday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

P.s. welcome to you JanaNana if you are a newbie it’s nice to have you join us.
?

Lisagran Sun 27-Oct-19 09:08:04

Oh, Gillybob that sounds such a traumatic day for you - but some positives. Hope your husband continues to do well today. Thinking of you xx

Yiayia4 Sun 27-Oct-19 09:06:30

Good Morning all a bright sunny day here.

GSs having full english this morning very busy cafe here

Love and healing thoughts Gilly keep strong xx

ginny Sun 27-Oct-19 09:04:02

Gilly, hope you have good news today. Thinking of you. X

dragonfly46 Sun 27-Oct-19 08:59:58

Ha ha Gabriella you are making me older than I am!

That sounds like better news Gilly - no phone call in the night or early morning has to be good. Is there an association which can help with PTSD? Macmillan offer counselling for cancer patients and I am sure there is a need for it as so many people suffer from it.

Beechnut Sun 27-Oct-19 08:58:51

Oh gilly what a day yesterday for you both. I think of you often throughout the day lots of love and a big hug x

GabriellaG54 Sun 27-Oct-19 08:58:15

to

kittylester Sun 27-Oct-19 08:58:06

Thank you for the update gilly. As you say a day of mixed emotions. I hope dh is doing well when you get to the hospital.

GabriellaG54 Sun 27-Oct-19 08:57:53

Generous with your thoughts for others, even in your time of trouble, Gillybob to
As always, my respect. ?

vena11 Sun 27-Oct-19 08:56:23

Thinking of you gillybob flowers

merlotgran Sun 27-Oct-19 08:55:47

Stay strong, gilly.

Thinking of you.