Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Mon 28-Oct-19 06:12:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but it looks dry here in Brackley.
My mystery weekend was a mystery until the last coach break , I had chosen the wrong place for a start, originally it should been Torquay , but we ended up in Ilfracombe.
On the return home we stopped at Weston S Mare for 3 hours or so, to make it a full weekend away.
Mick

Harris27 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:46:14

Thinking of you gilly and praying for you both. Try and get some sleep as you must be exhausted. I’m off today just pottering and catching up on tasks.

Cherrytree59 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:42:21

Sending love and hugs gilly.
Wishing it could be more.
xxxx

Beechnut Mon 28-Oct-19 08:40:52

gilly I’m so sorry to hear the news of yesterday. X

NannyJan53 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:38:18

Gilly so sad and upset for you. We are all including you in our thoughts and prayers, may the positivity radiate through to your dear husband.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:33:31

Goodmorning all x

Half term here in SE Essex, so we are "on duty" with GS today, nothing planned we will take our orders from him!!!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:31:59

gillybob. You are both in my thoughts and prayers, Please take a little comfort in the fact that all,your GN pals are routing for your dear husband flowers

harrigran Mon 28-Oct-19 08:31:17

Good morning from a cold but sunny NE.
DH left the house at 8am to collect GD who will be here until tomorrow night.
Sorry to hear your news gilly, it is so difficult to watch your DH struggle.
Sending love and a virtual shoulder to lean on.

Thorntrees Mon 28-Oct-19 08:31:07

So sorry to hear the latest news Gillybob, no words, just loving thoughts and prayers for strength at this most difficult time.

Sar53 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:29:26

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea but very cold. Shopping and housework today.

So very sorry to hear your news Gillybobs. Love and virtual hugs to you.

I hope everyone has a pleasant day.

NfkDumpling Mon 28-Oct-19 08:21:19

Post if it helps Gilly but we’ll understand if you can’t. You know we’re all routing for you and thinking of you flowers and (((hugs)))

aggie Mon 28-Oct-19 08:21:19

Gilly no words , prayers xxxxxxxx

dragonfly46 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:19:07

gilly as mary says there are no words. We are here when you need us.

EllanVannin Mon 28-Oct-19 08:13:07

Good Morning All x
A most beautiful bright morning, just how I like it.

Not sure what today's bringing up to now as because the children are off for half-term.
My D has had some of the children with her in between shifts at her work and I've got a feeling that I'll be having them here this afternoon, something that I'm going to have to get used to for the foreseeable future I suspect under the circumstances.

Sounds as though the weekend went well for Mick and his mystery tour. I have lovely memories of Torquay and also Ilfracombe---plenty of pics too.

Gillybob's never far from my thoughts and I hope today brings more positive signs .I know this is going to be a long process and I'm sure all will be well in the end. Sending love and best wishes xx

Marydoll and Dragonfly too and those who are out of sorts x

Hope All will enjoy the day.

Pantglas2 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:12:55

Oh Gillybob hope beyond hope that he pulls through x

vena11 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:12:39

We are all with you gillybob flowers

Lins1066 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:12:22

I am so dreadfully sorry gilly. Wish we could be with you in person as well as spirit. I don't know what else to say, except that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. ?

kittylester Mon 28-Oct-19 08:09:53

gilly, I'm so sorry that you and your lovely man had such an awful day yesterday. I hope he is more restful today. Do you have any support at the hospital? As always, we are with you and wish we could do more. I'm sure I speak for all your gn friends. brew

Lins1066 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:06:23

Good Morning from a dry and bright S Welsh coast.
Glad you enjoyed your Mystery tour Mick.
It is Half Term here, so I'm glad that the forecast is for a dry week.
Glad your medical team is pulling out all the stops for you Marydoll.
You sound chipper dragonfly, we give to the Welsh Air Ambulance every month.
Hope that Monday is kind to everyone and to the Gillybobs in particular.

Greyduster Mon 28-Oct-19 08:04:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is bright and cold in South Yorkshire this morning. We are waiting for GS to arrive for a couple of days with us. DH is recovering from a chest infection so he won’t be his usual active self this half term, but I’m sure we’ll do our best to keep the boy occupied - and off his phone! Have a good day folks.

mumofmadboys Mon 28-Oct-19 08:04:40

Sending love and prayers for courage, strength and hope Gilly xx

Marydoll Mon 28-Oct-19 08:04:02

Gilly, I have no words , just tears for you. You know that we are all here in spirit supporting and praying for you both. x

gillybob Mon 28-Oct-19 08:00:20

Well just as I half expected, the positive signs of Saturday were false and very cruel.

Yesterday was one of the worst days so far on this miserable journey . It started as soon as I got to hospital (I deliberately didn’t make my usual early morning call as I had a bad feeling) with the news that he had had a very restless night and all his levels were going haywire . As the day progressed it got worse and worse, more confused, restless and hallucinating. A consultant and a microbiologist were called in.

At 4pm I was taken to the little room of misery and told that the blood results had tested positive for Sepsis.

At 7pm he went back to theatre and had another set of neck lines put in, back in the ITC unit, struggling for every little breath and with numbers dropping and rising in the wrong directions, I knew what was coming next and at 11pm he was put back into life support . I drove home at 2am in a kind of fog . Haven’t had a wink of rest and dreading this day.

I should probably stop posting for a while as I cannot see any light at the moment. The consultant wants a meeting at 11 am and I can suspect what he wants to talk about. Not sure how much longer I can go through this living hell and I feel like I am losing the plot . Was supposed to be going to “that place” this morning but just can’t face anyone .

My poor poor lovely man . ?

Gilly x

dragonfly46 Mon 28-Oct-19 07:52:11

Good morning from bright sunny albeit cold Leicestershire.

Sorry to hear about your acid reflex Susan it is something I have struggled with.

Not much on today, trying to rest but actually feel fine so hoping it lasts. Tidied out the coat cupboard yesterday so have lots for the Air Ambulance. Also located all my hats for when my hair falls out!

Pleased you located your meds Mary that must be a worry. We had a problem with DH’s diabetic needles this week.

Thinking about the gillybobs as ever.

Susan56 Mon 28-Oct-19 07:49:06

Marydoll,thank you for your good wishes,my husbands surgery is on Friday.
Hope your Drs appointment goes well and you get to the M and S outlet.You have given me an idea for our journey home from mums,she lives about 20 minutes from Cheshire Oaks?

Marydoll Mon 28-Oct-19 07:36:24

Good morning all from a very frosty Glasgow, it's -2 degrees. The heating is on, but it is making no difference.

Mick the year after we were married, we went on a Golden Rail holiday to Weston Super Mare, I don't think we ever actually saw the sea!!!

I have a double appointment first thing this morning to get lots of blood tests done and BP checked. My medication can affect liver, kidneys etc. It's like having my own personal medical team, for which I'm very grateful.
I have been coughing since 5am, (I think it's the BP medication. sad ) and the coughing was affecting my angina, I eventually got up, so as not to disturb DH.

One of my meds is still unavailable anywhere in Scotland, but my friend's son, a pharmacist has tracked down a higher dose tablet , which could be halved. My RA consultant has been trying to track them down for days and says I got a better result than he did! grin. Do you see what I mean about having my own medical team? wink.
So I will leave leave a message for my GP to write a new prescription, when I get my bloods done. Another task ticked off my list.

DH will drive me to the doctor's, as it's an early start and the main road is being resurfaced, there are jams everywhere. We don't want my BP sky high, do we?
I have a plan! I will offer to take him for a coffee after the doctor's, ( thoughtful wife) the cafe just happens to be next to the M&S outlet. Do you see what I'm up to? I need to re-integrate back into society. smile
It will then be a chilling out day for me, reading my GN book club book.
If anyone would like to read it after me, I'm happy to post it to them.

The Gillybobs are constantly in my thoughts and I hope and pray for some more positive news.
I know that Susan's DH has an op soon and I think it may be this week, so my very best wishes to them both
Dragonfly, hoping that you are not feeling too unwell after your treatment.
Kate have a lovely day with your friends, I hope your DH has earplugs, if they are anything like mine. grin
Thank you all for all your good wishes, they have given me a boost in my darker days and hope everyone has a pleasant day.