Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Tue 29-Oct-19 06:11:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Getting back into my usual routine , housework and then go to Buckingham and Bicester for coffees and shopping.
Apart from it being a dry start here in Brackley this morning, back to routine.
Mick

Nannytopsy Tue 29-Oct-19 07:52:34

NannyJan the Black Country Museum always takes me back to my childhood, particularly the sweet shop!

Urmstongran Tue 29-Oct-19 07:56:08

Welcome to Manchester Maw!

Hope your daughter’s play play gets a good review. You were good going to Legoland - imagine it nearer to Christmas!
?

harrigran Tue 29-Oct-19 08:00:44

Good morning from a sunny NE.
GD's second day here, we will be taking her to meet mummy at teatime as they are going to a halloween party. I have been tasked with doing the face painting/make up.
Love and support for gilly.

EllanVannin Tue 29-Oct-19 08:02:28

Good Morning All x
I love these bright mornings, clear and a bit on the crisp side.
Strange how you adjust to the clocks changing, which I have more so than when they go forward-----then again I'm a strange person smile

Some tidying/hoovering and then finishing off the home-made pea and ham soup which I made yesterday so no cooking as such today. A bit of local shopping.

Not sure what today's bringing so I'll wait and see. We have an elderly neighbour in hospital who's very ill so waiting for some news there. He is in his 90's !

Thoughts to the Gillybobs and hope there's some improvement x , a worrying time for all.
Choose well, Dragonfly, some of those wigs are really lovely as I remember a friend putting me to shame with her fabulous natural one, absolutely amazing.

Take things easy Marydoll with that BP of yours----well that's what I was told years ago and I have ever since----of sorts that is !

Those who aren't so grand hope things improve. Enjoy this drop of bright weather everyone and stay well.

Brunette10 Tue 29-Oct-19 08:10:12

vena11 - Happy Birthday, hope you have a great time away - enjoy!

aggie Tue 29-Oct-19 08:17:15

Good Morning all from Co Armagh . The sun is shining through high wispy clouds , and it is decidedly chilly .
I have a lovely young mother nearby who has just discarded her wig and showing off her super curly new hair ! I am sure she doesn’t realise what a lift it gives everyone to see her so well
I cut down a very overgrown scrub by the window here and the resident robin is very cross, oh dear !
Hugs and prayers for Gillyand Marydoll and dragonflyand all the rest of our friends on this lovely forum xxxxxx

moggie Tue 29-Oct-19 08:20:47

Good morning Mick & all, dry & frosty start in Nottingham. Work today after lovely few days with DD & her dogs.
Thinking of Gillybob & her DH.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Auntieflo Tue 29-Oct-19 08:21:30

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others, from a dry and chilly-ish corner of Berks.
My friend gave us some apples on Sat, and the small ones I really should cut, cook and freeze. The larger ones are just beautiful. So sweet, I think she said they were 'Jonathons'.
Also I want to have a go at Jamie Oliver's parsnip soup. DH and DIL are coming tomorrow. She is a veggie, so hopefully she will like it. (she can be v.fussy)
I actually feel as though my ribs may be on the mend, at last, as I could turn over in bed last night without wincing.
Gillybob is on my mind and so am hoping for a bit of positive news and that she is managing to get some rest for herself. Hospitals are such tiring places.
Marydoll, should you be making scones, you are supposed to be resting!
And to Dragonfly, have an enjoyable time shopping for your wig.
Happy birthday Venall.
To all struggling with illness , I hope things get better soon.
Have a good day one and all.

moggie Tue 29-Oct-19 08:26:00

Happy Birthday vena11

dragonfly46 Tue 29-Oct-19 08:35:41

Happy Birthday Vena11 have a good day x

Urmstongran Tue 29-Oct-19 08:40:14

Happy birthday venal1
?

Ginny42 Tue 29-Oct-19 08:43:41

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a wonderful view -from my bed - of the woods on a frosty morning with a backdrop of a vivid blue sky. The roof tops are thick with frost and the fountain is festooned in cobwebs.

I'm late joining you this morning as I had to write to cousins in the US who have lost both parents in a three month period. Difficult to find the right words at times like these.

Dragonfly are you going to try to find a wig the same style as your natural hair or go for something completely different? Hope all goes well. Marydoll take care of yourself. Not like you to pass on a chance for a good shop. Auntieflo I made a big pan of pumpkin soup yesterday, good luck with your parsnip soup.

Feeling sad for Gilly and her lovely husband. Sending a hug and strength. xx
Happy birthday Venall.

To all those flying off to the sun - a pale shade of green here!

Greyduster Tue 29-Oct-19 08:44:06

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Another bright day in South Yorkshire. GS stayed over last night. We had a busy day yesterday - made a curry from scratch, which he enjoyed, kicked a football round the country park, played two games of chess - I am rubbish at chess - and watched a silly film. Today we are making a cake from a recipe that passed into family legend but I haven’t made for years, then we will go out for lunch, get some homework out of the way and it’ll be time for him to go home!
Happy birthday Venall?.
Heaps of good vibes to Gilly?.

Susan56 Tue 29-Oct-19 08:46:08

Happy birthday venall???

Yiayia4 Tue 29-Oct-19 08:46:31

Good morning everyone,it's overcast but dry here.

Off to West Wittering today with Gs and his dog will blow the gobwebs away.

Thinking of Gilly and hoping for better news X

Anniebach Tue 29-Oct-19 08:52:08

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Love and thoughts with gilly

Finally had correct handrail fitted , have to venture out now.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Grammaretto Tue 29-Oct-19 08:59:27

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's fine and cold for a the funeral of a family friend and a hospital appointment for DH.
A friend is coming over to cook us a curry tonight.
I hope you find a wig you like Dragonfly .
Marydoll I will need to give you a lesson in resting. It doesn't include baking.
Gillybob what can I say. I hope today brings some relief. Sending hugs and prayers .flowers

Welcome Florence

Auntieflo Tue 29-Oct-19 09:01:08

Oh Annie, good news re the handrail. It's taken a while hasn't it?
Will you venture out into the front, or the back?
Anyway, take care and enjoy the fresh air.

gillybob Tue 29-Oct-19 09:03:28

Good morning from the NE coast.

I was quite reluctant to post more bad news again this morning but need to share with someone or I fear I will go mad.

My DH had a cardiac arrest late last night . I was sat beside him holding his hand when it happened . The crash team were there in seconds and they managed to get things started again but I fear things are looking very bleak indeed .

Stupid as I am I didn’t think it would be possible to even have a cardiac arrest whilst in a life support machine.

Having another meeting with the doctors later today and suspect the worst news .

Nothing more to say really accept to thank everyone for continuing to keep him in their thoughts and prayers.

Love Gilly x

Urmstongran Tue 29-Oct-19 09:07:44

gillybob ❤️?

merlotgran Tue 29-Oct-19 09:08:29

Oh, gilly. I'm so sorry to hear your latest news. I don't have any words to comfort you but you know we are all thinking of you at this awful time.

Sending love xx

MawB Tue 29-Oct-19 09:09:02

Dear Gillybob - sending love and my prayers to you and your dear husband flowers

Lisagran Tue 29-Oct-19 09:09:05

Oh Gilly, how awful. You poor thing, you must be completely exhausted. Hope the hospital are able to come up with something positive today. Love and ((((hugs)))) to you xx

dragonfly46 Tue 29-Oct-19 09:17:47

Bless you Gilly we are all here virtually holding your hand through this. You are both constantly in my prayers. Sending much love.

kittylester Tue 29-Oct-19 09:19:47

How awful for you to witness that.

Sending positive vibes, gilly, lots of support and hugs. Wish it could be more. flowersbrew