Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Tue 29-Oct-19 06:11:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Getting back into my usual routine , housework and then go to Buckingham and Bicester for coffees and shopping.
Apart from it being a dry start here in Brackley this morning, back to routine.
Mick

NfkDumpling Tue 29-Oct-19 06:23:18

Morning Mick, morning All

It looks as if it's going to be another beautiful day here in Norfolk. We may take our little boat out for a chug down the river - it could be the last time this year now it's getting chilly.

(((Hugs))) for Gilly. Take care of yourself. flowers

And you too Marydoll - everyone else who's trying to do too much!

dragonfly46 Tue 29-Oct-19 06:35:56

Good morning from Leicestershire - I think it is dry!

Going wig shopping today. Will probably be happy to wear a little hat most of the time but don’t want to frighten the DGC at Christmas grin.

Thinking of gilly.

Beechnut Tue 29-Oct-19 06:36:59

Good Morning everyone.
Just starting to get light.

Swimming today, booking the car in for a service and a trip to the mail box. I might tidy up the front garden.

Look after yourselves ?

kittylester Tue 29-Oct-19 06:58:54

Morning again from Leicestershire where it is very cold but, as dragonfly says, it is not raining.

DD1 and children are coming today and staying overnight. She's 44 (and a half) lives 15 miles away and I see her every week! confused

Sending love and support to gilly.

A good opportunity to go wild, dragonfly.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:06:44

Good morning from a blue skied SE Essex

GC woke at 2.30am and has been up and down all night which is so unlike him.

Might have to rethink our plans as we are all “shattered”!!!

gillybob thinking of you and praying for your DH [flowers{

FlorenceBrown265 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:19:03

Good Morning All,

Have a nice day. I am a newbie here. And I am a blogger. So, hopefully I will write 1-2 blogs on this energetic Tuesday smile .

Susan56 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:20:05

Good morning from Shropshire.Another frosty start but the forecast is for another sunny day.
We are going to a pumpkin farm with DD1 and children today then our granddaughter is coming back to stay overnight.
Hope the wig shopping goes well dragonfly.
Mary,Lins and all who are unwell,hope you are starting to feel better.
Sending prayers,love and strength to gilly?

NanKate Tue 29-Oct-19 07:22:24

Morning Mick and All.

Another lovely day in South Bucks.

I’m afraid Kitty my WI ladies scoffed all the cakes yesterday bar one piece of choc cake which DH has snaffled away. So no left overs.

Off to have my horrid feet done this morning.

Hope you have a better day today Mary health wise Did you get to the M and S outlet ?

All thoughts with the Gillybobs today. ?

Marydoll Tue 29-Oct-19 07:22:45

Good morning all from a frosty Glasgow, (-2) car scraping days have returned. Brrr.

DH has an early dentist appointment, chipped his tooth and lost a filling, whilst eating muesli. So much for healthy eating! grin

I'm having an easy morning, it's too cold for my chest to go out and my BP was sky high yesterday. No wonder! There was no record at the surgery of my phone call from last week about the unavailable medication and the new script I requested hadn't been done. angry

I may make some scones, as we have a nursery pick up at lunchtime and DGD loves them, but only if they have sultanas in them.

I did get to the M&S oulet yesterday, lasted twenty minutes and asked DH to take me home. All clearance items were Three for two , yet I wasn't tempted. sad
DH was shocked, I can be hours in that shop! grin

Gilly and her husband continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Dragonfly, good luck with the wig shopping.

Have a pleasant Tuesday everyone and for those who are sad and lonely flowers.

NanKate Tue 29-Oct-19 07:23:44

Welcome FlorenceB

Urmstongran Tue 29-Oct-19 07:23:54

Good morning everyone from a dry but frosty South Manchester. Lots of bits and bobs to do today, as flying back out to Spain tomorrow till mid December - we have a 10am flight so this time tomorrow we’ll be on our way to the airport.
?

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none.

You are constantly in my thoughts gillybob.

Lins1066 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:27:29

Good Morning from the S Welsh coast. It is dry and very windy.
Enjoy choosing a pumpkin Susan that sounds fun. No pumpkins when I was a child, I remember carving out a swede, not easy ?
We are looking after our DS's spaniel this morning, she always raises the spirits.
Love to gilly. ?

Urmstongran Tue 29-Oct-19 07:28:46

Welcome FlorenceBrown265
?
Don’t forget to tell us where you are saying hello from! It adds to the interest as you can imagine.

BlueSapphire Tue 29-Oct-19 07:31:10

Good morning everyone from another cold morning in Northampton, but the sun is shining.

Had DGDs all day yesterday, so will enjoy a rest today! Will put a chicken casserole in the slow cooker, do some washing and then perhaps a Health Walk after lunch. Must do some notes for book club tomorrow so I can remember what I am talking about! And ring a friend to make another date for lunch if she has got over her cold.

Thinking of Gilly.

Pantglas2 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:37:32

Morning all from a dry and bright north Wales - I’m off to Spain this evening Urmstongran and unfortunately first thing tomorrow is a funeral of a friend who’s been unwell for a while so sad day to come.

Brunch with DD and GCs then hop on bus, train and plane so hope everything’s on time - delays seem to stress me out as I get older.

Have fun with the wig trying dragonfly - will you go short or long, pink or blonde, sleek or curls? Good day for all worried or unwell please.

cornergran Tue 29-Oct-19 07:38:47

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. Hair cut and a meeting about local health provision today. Suspect both will be stressful. Love to gilly, please rest marydoll, hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 29-Oct-19 07:40:52

Good morning from east London, bit dull but milder than yesterday. DS is 23 today so we are taking him out for lunch. Don’t much feel like food after last night’s meal with the tennis team but I’m prepared to suffer. Book club this evening; I have not enjoyed this month’s offering, ‘the traitor and the spy’ despite all the the reviews telling me how good it is. Have the best day you can and don’t forget to be kind to yourself.

Brunette10 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:42:38

Good Morning from a bright, crispy Fife. It looks lovely outside. Have coffee with friend this morning then off to collect my parcel form Sains that I ordered last week in their 25% off. dragonfly46 good luck for today hope you get just what you want. Marydoll that's terrible about your doc's surgery but not surprised, they all seem to be very busy these days but I can imagine how you felt. Chin up flowers. Thoughts ae also with gilly and her DH. Hope today is good to all.

Urmstongran Tue 29-Oct-19 07:42:57

What a coincidence Pantsglas2! Timing eh?

vena11 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:44:07

Good Morning from a clear Bristol, so glad its not raining or windy as we are flying out today to Tenerife and its also my birthday 66 years old, when did that happen.
Thinking of gillybob
I hope everyone else has a pleasant day today.

NannyJan53 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:44:26

Good Morning from a very frosty Black Country.

Had a lovely afternoon tea with DD and Mum. Couldn't eat it all so took some cakes home!

Today I am taking two DGD's aged 8 and 11 to the Black Country Museum. It is barely 5 miles from me and I have never been! Luckily it is going to be a dry day. DD and her DH are off on a cycle ride.

Urmston enjoy your time in Malaga. We booked our flights last week there for next September for 2 weeks!

Hope you continue to improve Marydoll and hugs to Dragonfly

Thoughts as always with gillybob

NannyJan53 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:46:37

Happy birthday venall party

MawB Tue 29-Oct-19 07:47:18

Good morning all
Still in Manchester where it is very cold - but dry!
After the Seventh Circle of Hell which was Legoland at the Trafford Centre yesterday (little DGS’s treat!) we are going to watch DGS2 playing for Birmingham City under 9’s against Man City and then go to the “Robot Museum”
Mummy has Press Night of her play tonight so I will be doing bath time and bedtime etc then we all go home tomorrow.
Thinking anxiously about Gillybob flowers ] and wishing you all a pleasant day.

ninathenana Tue 29-Oct-19 07:51:34

Morning all

We had overnight rain in Kent, it's quiet mild and damp now.
DH had to mow the lawn yesterday. That shouldn't be happening. Food shop this morning and DD coming later.