Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Wed 30-Oct-19 06:10:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley but its dry, a quiet day , pay a bill etc.
Try and get my printer to work for me as well.
But otherwise a stay in watch TV etc.
Mick

cornergran Wed 30-Oct-19 08:09:23

Morning Mick, morning All from a dry, cloudy corner of Somerset. Not sure about the day ahead. Mr C has man flu and does seem proper poorly so he’ll be in bed. I do need to get on with general ‘stuff’ but will have to do so quietly and not disturb the patient. Bungalow living has its down sides. Much love to gilly, don’t overdo it marydoll, go gently dragonfly. Here’s hoping for a positive roof day kitty and that Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Pantglas2 Wed 30-Oct-19 08:22:13

Hello all from sunny Spain- hurry up Urmstongran! Have had 5 hours sleep and a funeral to go to this morning but it will be nice to catch up with friends later.

Hope gillybob has some good news today and anyone else not feeling up to scratch has something cheery to look forward to.

moggie Wed 30-Oct-19 08:22:34

Good morning Mick & all from dry, bright start in Nottingham. Work again today.
Thoughts are with gillybob & her DH, sending love & hope there’s some improvement today.
Hope all not well or struggling feel better soon.
Have a good day everyone.

aggie Wed 30-Oct-19 08:25:25

Good Morning all, bright and stormy her , everything is being whipped round the place , taking the lovely red leaves off my pretty Acer

gillybob Wed 30-Oct-19 08:40:26

Good morning from the NE coast. Thank you all for your good wishes, prayers and kind words. They really do keep me going over the long days. We are a very small family so I am spending virtually all the time sitting by my DH’s bedside on my own which is a very lonely place to be, although the nurses are so kind and cheerful.

No real change to be honest. Still on full life support. His heart was very erratic yesterday morning after the events on Monday evening, but settled as the day wore on as he is now being pumped with even more drugs.

Still no sign of the infections abating and the doctors are telling me that the cultures have once again tested positive for legionella (I wish they would make their mind up) , pneumonia and sepsis but they feel that there is still something else lurking in the background. His temperature remains very high and he is burning hot so they have him in a kind of cold suit .

Had a meeting with the consultant yesterday to discuss the next steps and to try and talk about the future which I am not ready to face yet. I am slowly losing all of my strength and my MS seems to have taken the opportunity to raise its ugly head which it tends to do when I am over stressed and tired.

Well today is another day. Upwards and onwards .

I hope you have a fabulous holiday Urmstongran and anyone else planning outings or holidays too.

To those feeling down, poorly or like me, a bit sorry for themselves, I hope you see the sunshine very very soon sunshine

With love to all you lovely people, where would I be without you?

Love Gilly xx

GrannySomerset Wed 30-Oct-19 08:46:16

Thinking of Gilly and her lonely, exhausting and frightening vigil. How I wish there was something constructive that virtual friends could do, though I do believe that the prayers of others really help.

Nortsat46 Wed 30-Oct-19 08:53:52

My goodness Gilly, you have had to ‘dig deep’. Your DH will be so proud of you and I am sure he feels the comfort of your presence and your love.

Dragonfly congratulations on managing so well and taking things one step at a time. Your joie de vivre will return.
My sister in law got a blonde wig, after chemotherapy. She had black hair for 50 years and had always fancied being blonde ... it did wonders for her joie de vivre ...(she is back to a full head of her own black/grey hair now).

Hope everyone has a nice day and good thoughts to those who are struggling. ?

EllanVannin Wed 30-Oct-19 08:55:51

Good Morning All x
Yet another sunny day here on the Mersey coast and was a bit blowy last night so the neighbour who'd left all her washing out last night will find it bone dry when she takes it off the line later.

Urmstongran, safe journey and enjoy your stay---which is what retirement should be all about !
Marydoll, retail therapy is too exhausting for you--smile take care.
Dragonfly hope you don't have to wait too long with the weather getting colder, keep warm.

Gillybob hope DH had a more settled night. Our thoughts are with you constantly as we all hope for a better outcome xx.

Me ? I'm preparing for a long road ahead ( in my mind ) as regards GD and her children so have to remain strong.

Hope everyone has a decent enough day.

Anniebach Wed 30-Oct-19 08:58:37

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gilly,my love, thoughts and prayers are with you x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Lisagran Wed 30-Oct-19 09:08:28

Gilly - you really must be shattered - do try and eat well and get some sleep, difficult as that must be. Not surprising that your MS has made itself felt, with the immense stress you’re under. What an awful time this is for you - I do hope the hospital are able to get on top of the infections. Thinking of you lots - ((((hugs)))) x

oldgaijin Wed 30-Oct-19 09:22:11

Good morning from a bright and sunny Aberdeenshire.

Saw the oncologist yesterday and some good news, some not so welcome news. There is a wee nubbin on my lung which could go into my gullet but a zap of radio therapy should sort that so another scan in the new year will see how it goes.

The 'new eyeball ' is working well but had to buy reading glasses so that I can see to sew.

A long walk in the woodies for the mutt, this morning as he is getting a bit tubby...me too!

Have a good day.

Alygran Wed 30-Oct-19 09:23:18

Good morning from sunny North Yorkshire.
Gilly sending hugs. Look after yourself. Hope there is some improvement today.
Dragonfly hugs to you too. I hope you feel brighter soon. DH was often ‘down’ after chemo.
Marydoll hope you get to Primark.
Safe travels Urmston.
A friend is coming today and we are going to the arboretum then for a pub lunch.
Hope everyone has some sunshine today.

Auntieflo Wed 30-Oct-19 09:32:14

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all, from a bright and sunny Berks.
Constantly thinking of Gilly, and her DH, and the struggles that they are having to contend with. Like all here, I hope and pray that the Dr's come up with a solution for them. Poor lass, she must be exhausted.
To Marydoll, Dragonfly and all with their ongoing health problems, sending best wishes.
We have DS2 and family arriving today, and maybe staying over for one night. I am looking forward to a Grannyhug, from DGS, but not sure if he will let me have one!
Have a good day one and all.

conor Wed 30-Oct-19 09:37:00

Gillybob, I hope you see the sunshine very soon as well xxxxsunshine

Mapleleaf Wed 30-Oct-19 09:50:18

Good morning,

It's a lovely, bright morning here - as greyduster says, he's got his South Yorkshire hat on.

I'm planning to go out into the garden to do some tidying up and then do a bit of baking to have something to offer my SiL's with their cup of tea tonight when they call.

gilly thank you for continuing to update us all. I hope it helps you a little to write it down. I continue to send my prayers and thoughts for an improvement, and sincerely hope that the microbiologists can work out just what it is they think is lurking behind the other horrors. Take care yourself, especially as your MS is starting to flare up.

oldgaijin, that's not such good news to be told, but I do hope the blast of radiotherapy does its job. Take care. ?

To all others feeling unwell or struggling, I send good thoughts and best wishes for an improvement to soon come along.

Have a lovely holiday, Urmstongran, and put a bit of the sunshine in your pocket to bring back home with you on your return. ?

Take care, all.

cornergran Wed 30-Oct-19 09:57:04

Popped back to check on gilly, thank you for thinking of us all with your updates, keep writing all the time it helps. Sending love and a gentle hug. X

Kalu Wed 30-Oct-19 10:47:07

Good morning from a now sunny and pleasant day from Glasgow.

Dragonfly two of my friends actually found turbans/scarves more comfortable than wigs. I wish you all the best with your treatment.

I was at the ‘Suffering General’ yesterday Marydoll at Neurology. Luckily enough I always find a space at car park 2.a d have noticed there are always a good few empty spaces available.
I have been told the new nickname, given by staff, is ‘Betty’s’ ?. Hope all goes well for you.

You are in my thoughts all the time gilly and my heart goes out to you both. I know the last thing you want to do is leave your DH but with concerned thoughts, would you try to have just a bit of time to look after yourself too and spend some time at home. I’m just thinking about your welfare too gilly
Take care of yourself ?

Cherrytree59 Wed 30-Oct-19 10:52:17

Gilly love and hugs as always ?

Sorry to read that you are suffering with your MS.
I know you will be reluctant to leave your DH bedside,
but do think you could ask your Dr for an emergency appointment to discuss your health.
As the saying goes 'you need to put your own oxygen mask on first before you can help others'.

Praying for a better day for you both
Xxxx

vena11 Wed 30-Oct-19 10:56:26

Good morning from a very sunny Tenerife ,great to be here with my sister and family. Gillybob in my thoughts. Dragonfly I remember mine falling and going for the wig fitting ,really stressful. After it started falling out I got hubby to take it all off it was much better than it coming away in bits. I hope all have a great day .

kittylester Wed 30-Oct-19 12:17:10

You might be physically on your own with your dh gilly but we are with you in spirit!

Funnygran Wed 30-Oct-19 12:23:09

I don’t often post on this thread but always read it. Just wanted to be another GN’er letting Gilly know I’m thinking about you and your DH in your long vigil. I finally had my cochlear implant operation yesterday as a day patient after a long wait of assessments etc. Feeling a little sore but otherwise ok so a few days of taking it easy. Beautiful morning and have just filled up all the bird feeders which were stripped bare while we were away yesterday. I’m sure the bird feed bill is nearly as much as our food!

Feelingmyage55 Wed 30-Oct-19 17:33:28

gillybob Thinking about you both. X

GabriellaG54 Wed 30-Oct-19 23:45:11

Goodnight Gillybob ??