Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Thu 31-Oct-19 06:09:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry at present here in Brackley this morning.
On the buses today to Buckingham and Bicester , for coffees etc.
At Bicester I usually see on occasions former work colleagues, and have the odd chat.
Mick

NanKate Thu 31-Oct-19 08:09:34

Another Scottish word I suspect oldgaijin guizeing. It’s new to me. Whose having their hair cut you or the mutt ? ?

Marydoll Thu 31-Oct-19 08:14:30

It's good to hear from you Gilly, but what a traumatic time for the both of you. You continue to be in all our thoughts and prayers.

Kate, guising means, Trick or treating. My wee granddaughter has her portfolio of jokes ready for her party piece! Alexa has been a great help. grin

Alygran Thu 31-Oct-19 08:22:47

Good morning from cloudy in North Yorkshire. It doesn’t feel so cold today.
We abandoned the arboretum trip yesterday when we turned up to find a packed car park and huge queues. They must have a Halloween event on. Will try again next week.
A bit of shopping then visiting some friends later. Must get on with my knitting too, haven’t picked it up since my holiday.
Gilly what a tough day. Still holding your hand and sending healing wishes.
To everyone else, wishing you some sunshine in your day.

Pittcity Thu 31-Oct-19 08:27:59

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester.
As it's Halloween could we all get on our broomsticks and swoop off to help all in need, especially Gillybob ?

vena11 Thu 31-Oct-19 08:29:19

Good morning fro.m Tenerife . Just popped in to wish gillybob a better day.

Yiayia4 Thu 31-Oct-19 08:34:29

Good morning a bit overcast but dry here.
Hope it stays dry we are putting our caravan into winter storage today.
Thinking of you Gilly you are so strong and brave I'm full of admiration,as I am of so many ladies on Gransnet.
Take care everyone and have a good Thursday.

NannyJan53 Thu 31-Oct-19 08:45:38

Good Morning from a cloudy and very chilly Black Country.

Partner is still off work with his 'Man flu', very unlike him.

I have no real plans for today, so will just go with the flow!

What a terrible day yesterday for you gilly sending love and best wishes to you, and hoping your DH comes through this soon.

Brunette10 Thu 31-Oct-19 08:46:19

gilly - you are in my thoughts - along with all us GN's. Look after yourself.

Lisagran Thu 31-Oct-19 08:46:54

Oh, Gilly I can’t imagine how you’re going on - such a lot for you to be coping with. Are you getting help from anyone? Your sister? Please ask others for support - not in your nature I know, but you’ll go under otherwise. Hoping for a calm day for your husband today. Take care xx

Mapleleaf Thu 31-Oct-19 08:48:36

Good morning,

It's bright but very chilly here today, so will need to wrap up warmly when I go out later to meet some friends.

Sending you more hugs and prayers gilly. I do hope that you soon start to hear some better news. Ironic, isn't it, that you should get a letter from the hospital with a date for your DH's other surgery? No wonder you feel like giving them a piece of your mind.

To all going out on trips today, enjoy yourselves, and to all who feel unwell, sad, worried or lonely, I hope today is a better one for you. Take care one and all.

Anniebach Thu 31-Oct-19 08:51:16

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

EllanVannin Thu 31-Oct-19 09:06:55

Gillybob make no mistake, that man of yours is a strong " cookie ". To my mind he's done so well and because of the delay in him having to wait for his first op. they will be pulling out all the stops to ensure that everything possible can and will be done for your man.

A tracheotomy isn't unusual in these circumstances and is only a temporary measure to do as they've already said and assist with his breathing.

Because you're young, life is that more difficult for you with other things to focus on meaning that you can't devote all your time at the hospital and I can understand that if you were retired things would be somewhat easier with no outside worries like work bothering you. It makes a big difference to your coping mechanism having a thousand and one things going on in your mind.

Stay strong girl and try and look after yourself. x

Urmstongran Thu 31-Oct-19 09:49:10

Good morning everyone from a very warm and sunny Malaga! It’s bluddy roasting on our little balcony right now - we get the winter sun on it which is great because in the summer our side of the building is in the shade from 5pm - when the other side keeps the hot sun on their balconies until sunset. We weren’t aware of this when we bought the apartment 15y ago and it was serendipity (is that even the right word to use?)

We went for a very long stroll yesterday along the paseo with pit stops along the way! The Mediterranean is a cobalt blue right now, with a sharp horizon and is quite sparkling in the sunshine.

We can afford to be a little cavalier regards this gorgeous weather as we are out here for six weeks and so this morning we shall potter in this little place. We are going to do a bit of decluttering - needs must! I need a sort out. I know what will happen though, I empty drawers and cupboards, mostly tidy and see what’s in them and neatly put it back ... drives my husband nuts as he can be ruthless. Oh well, they say opposites attract don’t they?

Nice to think you are out here too Pantglas just up in the hills behind me! Enjoy Tenerife venal1
??⛱

I hope today brings some degree of hope gillybob for you both as it would lift your spirits to have something positive now to hold on to. I feel for you very much.

EV it sounds as though your family has a great deal to contend with regarding your granddaughter right now. It’s good that you are able to be so supportive. You sound a wise woman, your meals alone would bring cheer! I hope you all see good progress very soon. You are in my thoughts too as well as gillybob marydoll and dragonfly43 Sorry to witter on but just to say my sister found scarves and a turban more to her preference too df nd now at 60y she has gorgeous hair again!

BlueSapphire I loved ‘Little Fires’ (sorry Maw!) I adore books about family dynamics and there were many things to think about in that novel.

Right, I must think about breakfast and sorting. Sorry this was such a long post - hope I haven’t bored you all silly. I’m not very good as being succinct ...
?

conor Thu 31-Oct-19 10:05:21

Still sending positive vibes and love to Gillybobs xxx

Cherrytree59 Thu 31-Oct-19 10:17:11

gilly love and Hugs ?
Xxxx

cornergran Thu 31-Oct-19 10:19:28

Oh gilly, what a day. Can understand your anger. Stay strong, your husband is a toughie, sending love to you both.

Kalu Thu 31-Oct-19 10:27:29

I am looking for the positive here in that it is a sunny morning, albeit, a very frosty Glasgow.

No plans today so it will be a faffing day thankfully as neither of us could get to sleep last night which resulted in having hot chocolate and sharing a crossword at 3am!

Watching the cat lying on top of her catnip planter possibly trying to defrost it???

Hope you feel better as the day goes on Marydoll

Healing vibes on their way gilly. It sounds as if the medics are pulling out all the stops so I strongly wish for their attempts to have a positive outcome for you both ?

Resurgam123 Thu 31-Oct-19 11:27:09

Sending more love and good wishes to gillybob and Mr Gillybob.
There is little else I can do.

Lins1066 Thu 31-Oct-19 11:48:32

Another truly awful day for you gilly, sending you and your husband strength, healing and much love.

glammagran Thu 31-Oct-19 15:36:29

Sar53 I don’t have the flu jab yet but will from next year.

But that’s exactly how I’m feeling as of last night. I have a fever, ache all over, really bad headache, nauseous, bad stomach and have eaten nothing at all today. Are you sure you haven’t picked something up?

Coincidentally, we too are going away for the weekend, hotel, band and meeting friends we met on cruise who live there. No idea how I’ll cope feeling like this.

glammagran Thu 31-Oct-19 15:55:48

Gillybob thinking of you all the time and hoping your nightmare ends soon.