Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Fri 01-Nov-19 06:13:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning, a quiet day for me as well.
Small shop, think I might start to do my cassoulet in the slow cooker using diced game meat, Toulouse sausages , cannoli beans etc and chicken stock.
Mick

Greyduster Fri 01-Nov-19 07:50:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Your cassoulet sounds good Mick! Leftovers this way please! It is wet in South Yorkshire, but just as well, as the housework has been rather neglected this week, so......!
A safe journey to you and your GC, Corner. Hope your DH is better soon.
All positive vibes to Gilly. Hoping for the best.
Have a good day folks.

Yiayia4 Fri 01-Nov-19 08:18:54

Morning all,
very wet here in Surrey.
Just shopping and housework today maybe see Grandsons later.
Thinking of Gilly and anyone else who needs a hug.

harrigran Fri 01-Nov-19 08:25:03

Good morning from a dull wet NE.
Had a good trip to Cumbria, weather was beautiful, cleared all the cupboards but I will have to find somewhere to put everything.
First waking thought was gilly, stay strong, big hugs.

Resurgam123 Fri 01-Nov-19 08:36:25

Good Morning all.
I have an early appointment at the eye hospital . This is the first routine visit since my Cataract job was finished.
I got my post cataract lens on last Tuesday.
Every thing is a lot clearer.
Thank you Leighton hospital.
We have a good eye clinic. Close to us.

moggie Fri 01-Nov-19 08:45:43

Good morning Mick & all, from chilly & wet Nottingham.
Enjoy your good weather Panthlas & Urmstongran.
Your cassoulet sounds delicious Mick.
Asda have already delivered.
Funeral this morning, my DBIL’s brother.
Best wishes Susan56 & your DH.
Take care Marydoll & Dragonfly, hope your DGD recovers quickly Marydoll
Thoughts are with Gillybob & her DH for signs of improvement today & Gillybobs well-being
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day, have a good day everyone.

mancgirl Fri 01-Nov-19 08:48:19

Good morning from a damp Manchester. Only a week ago we were enjoying lovely weather in Spain too. My neighbour says it's still the same. Not bad for beginning of November. Off to see Gloria Estafan musical with girlfriends this afternoon. Shop and food beforehand, perfect - apart from Manchester rain! Hope everyone has a good weekend. flowers for gillybobs. Thoughts are with you and anyone else struggling with health issues.

Anniebach Fri 01-Nov-19 08:57:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gillybob Fri 01-Nov-19 09:01:21

Good morning from the NE coast. Sadly my little “hooray it’s Friday” girl is still hiding as I just don’t have that Friday feeling at the moment.

No change from Wednesday and they didn’t even bother to reduce the sedation/check for brain activity as they normally would do on a morning as following Monday’s cardiac arrest he is still on a lot of heart medication etc. He had another
X-ray yesterday that revealed no improvement whatsoever to his lungs.

I can feel another meeting in the little room of misery looming.

Big shift pattern change today so I shall see which named nurse he has. They are all very good, but it makes a huge difference to my state of mind if the person is professional but friendly instead of someone just going through the motions .

To all those feeling poorly or down I sincerely hope you feel better soon and to all those enjoying happy times, holidays and sunshine, long may it continue.

Life really is too short and I feel like I am still waiting for mine and DH’s happy times to come.

Have a good Friday . Love Gilly x

Pantglas2 Fri 01-Nov-19 09:03:08

flowers and a big hug gillybob x

Urmstongran Fri 01-Nov-19 09:04:05

I think it’s been 3 weeks now gillybob no wonder you are anxious about your husband. I hope the weekend brings more positive news for you. x

Auntieflo Fri 01-Nov-19 09:30:38

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
Gillybob, sorry to hear that there has been no change, yet, for your DH. It's been a long hard road for you to bear alone. But hoping that a solution will soon be found.
Take care of yourself, and sending gentle {{{hugs}}} to you,
especially as it's Friday.
We are having a quiet day today. DS2 and family went home yesterday afternoon, and can relax after having a little whirlwind staying. Mind you, he is getting a bit better!
Washing to do today, even if it is a bit damp outside, and also see what's left in the cupboards. DIL finds things, and says, "ooh I love coming here".
Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Fri 01-Nov-19 09:33:49

Good morning all,

It's a very wet morning here in South Yorkshire and looks set for most of the day.

Your cassoulet sounds delicious, Mick. I've just taken some chicken out of the freezer, so may do something similar with that. It's certainly the weather for it!

? gillybob. Let's hope that the new month starts to bring some positive news for you. Sending hugs and prayers.

Best wishes to all who feel sad, unwell or worried today.

I hope the surgery can sort something out for your poor little GD Marydoll, bless her. She must have been so disappointed not to have been able to do her guising and recite her jokes. I hope she is showing some improvement today.

I've not a lot on the agenda today. A pile of ironing beckons which I really should tackle. Other than that, I will see what the day brings.

Take care.

Grammaretto Fri 01-Nov-19 09:35:14

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where it's light rain.
Luckily we had our annual bonfire last night and it was a beautiful evening although I must go and retrieve forks from the end of the garden before heading off today.

I was hoping for better news from Gilly as we all, are but no news is still good in my book. I hope the new named nurse is empathetic. xxx

So sorry about your little one out in the cold, Marydoll. Bring back the Hallowe'en parties we used to do. Year on year a group of us hired the community hall and everyone helped out with treacle scones, apple dooking, spooky lighting, songs and stories and prizes for the best Turnip (we hadn't heard of pumpkins) and the best fancy dress (home made of course!)

Good wishes for your DH surgery Susan56. It's a worrying time.

Hope November turns out well for us all!

Lisagran Fri 01-Nov-19 09:55:28

Thinking of you, Gilly - hope the named nurse is a friendly one today - it does make a difference! Perhaps the hospital are letting your husband recover after the cardiac arrest before doing more tests? Look after yourself xx

conor Fri 01-Nov-19 10:17:49

Still thinking of you Gillybobs and hoping for positive news? xxx

Pittcity Fri 01-Nov-19 11:06:47

Good morning from rainy Colchester.
I too have a funeral to attend at lunchtime. A lovely lady from our weekly coffee group.
Life really is short and my heart goes out to Gillybob and all those whose life is "on hold" xx

Ellylanes1 Fri 01-Nov-19 11:11:57

We're keeping all of your family in our thoughts Gilly, hoping for good news very soon xflowers.

MawB Fri 01-Nov-19 11:16:44

What a difference friendly and sympathetic NHS staff can make - not that I encountered many of the other sort and they were probably just knackered. But spending days, weeks, even months by a hospital bedside is a parallel existence and a world away from the world “outside”. Sometimes you feel almost as close to other relatives you see every day as you do to your own friends. You rejoice when they have good news and your heart breaks for them too when things look bad.
My heart goes out to you Gillybob flowers

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 01-Nov-19 11:23:43

Morning all from a damp South Notts. Went to a lovely sewing exhibition yesterday and my quilting group in the evening so a rare busy day.
Today should be quieter with a visit to my sister.
My thoughts are with you gillybob