Gransnet forums

Chat

Annoying Things!

(35 Posts)
shysal Sat 02-Nov-19 08:33:01

I find it very difficult to remove the outer wrapping of a new tube of mascara. I resort to starting it with my tiny sharp scissors, but they can slip. There is often a double line of perforations but I can't tear along them.

calendargirl, I agree about the ring pull cans. I have found it best not to completely remove the lid because it is that last bit that causes the splash, especially on beans or sardines.

LullyDully Sat 02-Nov-19 08:20:30

Bleach bottles are not only child proof but old lady proof too.

Auntieflo Sat 02-Nov-19 08:01:46

We have been buying the yogurt drinks, similar to A.....l, from Aldi recently.
At first the little bottle was sealed by a foil cap, that was easy enough to remove.
But, now they are hermetically sealed by a plastic screw top,
which is impossible to remove, without resorting to nutcrackers.

DH also has trouble opening his prescribed eye drops. Again plastic tops , made worse by a collar that has to be broken before it unscrews.

grannylyn65 Sat 02-Nov-19 08:01:04

It’s not you

Calendargirl Sat 02-Nov-19 07:52:10

When opening tins of beans say, the pull off lid is hard to get off and the contents sometimes splash over the worktop or yourself. Or perhaps it’s me, doesn’t seem to do it with DH.

NotAGran55 Sat 02-Nov-19 07:25:29

Cling film arrrrrgggghhhhh .

MamaCaz Sat 02-Nov-19 06:02:45

OH has started complaining about the plastic milk bottles. Some manufacturers seem to have started using thinner plastic, and the handle on them bends under the weight of four or six pints as you pour..
Another manufacturer (we presume, as this is only happening with milk bought from another shop) is sealing the top of the bottle - the seal that is underneath the lid - so strongly that we are having to cut it off instead of peel it back.

Pantglas2 Sat 02-Nov-19 05:22:08

How apt Lindyloo that you post about toilet rolls! I agree about starting them off, I seem to split the first half a dozen sheets into wafer thin ones until I can get the perforations to line up - what a palaver!

I’ve found the Lidl floralys ones are the best for not performing as above and don’t disintegrate when damp - sorry to be so indelicate!

BlueBelle Sat 02-Nov-19 04:55:30

Never bought milk cartons Are they still around ?

Lyndiloo Sat 02-Nov-19 04:00:50

I bought toilet rolls recently (not unusual!) but these particular ones are so hard to 'start'. You scrabble to pull off a few sheets but they just shred, on and on, so that you've wasted yards before getting down to the nitty-gritty.

Milk cartons, too, are amongst my most annoying things - when first opened, slopping the milk into your cup and all over the worktop!

Anything else ...?