Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Sat 02-Nov-19 06:15:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry at the present moment here in Brackley plus windy as well.
Usual day, get bus to Buckingham , then Bicester , and back to Buckingham , doubt whether the flea market will be functioning today if weather is changeable.
Get that cassoulet on the go as well , plus maybe a Chinese take away later .
Mick

Urmstongran Sat 02-Nov-19 08:47:42

Good morning everyone from a windy Malaga where it’s chucking it down! Didn’t expect that - we were sat on our balcony yesterday it was so hot, 29°C and I had Factor 50 on my face!

TV on now in the apartment with a cuppa, waiting for the rugby (10am here). C’mon ENGERLAND!!

Joining all of you this morning thinking of the gillybobs and hoping for better news.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 02-Nov-19 08:48:43

Good morning from east London, dull, windy and mild. I’ve been sitting doing a jigsaw for the last two hours; a choir friend passes on her ‘done ones’ to me which has ignited a childhood passion. Off to look at carpets again this morning, then popping in to see an old friend. Also need to finish off a couple of things for going away next weekend so will have to be strong and leave the jigsaw for now. Resurgam, my choir leader would advise ‘mime and smile’. Hope everyone has the best day possible.

gillybob Sat 02-Nov-19 08:58:17

Good morning from the NE coast where we are now entering week 4 of this living nightmare .

A very hard and upsetting day yesterday with yet another death on the unit .

No change with my DH except BP very high again (I asked why they have changed his BP medication from the one he usually takes but no real answers given......cost perhaps? ). Doctors again very reluctant to suppress the sedation to check brain activity as they have been doing . No definitive reasons given when I press for answers . I can’t help but feel that I am now being fobbed off left, right and centre .

Day time nurse wasn’t very friendly yesterday, one look as I walked in told me everything I needed to know . Going through the motions but very little in the way of smiles or conversation. It makes a huge difference to someone like me sitting there hour after hour, day after day. Never mind the night nurse was lovely .

How long can anyone go on like this ? Is this the new normal ?
Our small business is all but ruined, the lads and me really struggling to keep afloat. A nasty email from a customer yesterday (his job is finished he just wants drawings) almost pushed me over the edge and I felt like giving him a piece of my mind but I managed to hold it in.

Today is Saturday. So what ? It could be any day at all. The only good thing is that it’s easier to get a space in the car park .

Sorry for the miserable post (again) I really have nothing at all positive to say. Thank you all for letting me rant like this every morning. At what point does sympathy turn into irritation ? I can’t be far off now.

I hope everyone suffering ill health, upset or sadness sees some sunshine sunshine very soon and those enjoying happy times and holidays continue to have the best of times.

RIP David .

With love from

Gilly x

cornergran Sat 02-Nov-19 09:01:31

Oh gilly. What can I say? You certainly don’t need an uncommunicative nurse and an unreasonable customer. Sending love and hugs which seem oh so inadequate x

Urmstongran Sat 02-Nov-19 09:04:37

I know I can safely speak on behalf of ALL of us on this lovely, supportive, friendly thread gillybob when I say none of us will EVER be irritated by your posts. Don’t even think that way lady!

We truly care for you and you are both in our hearts and minds constantly. We are all cheering you on from the sidelines. x

oldgaijin Sat 02-Nov-19 09:05:19

Good morning from Aberdeenshire...it's wind and horizontal rain this morning so a quick whizz round the woods before going to a massive craft fair this afternoon. Hope to find a few nice things for Christmas presents and to find people who do classes in various crafts.
Shall watch a bit of rugby before going out...have suddenly become very fond of South Africa!
Have a good day

Harris27 Sat 02-Nov-19 09:08:41

Just read gillybobs post so sorry nothing more to say but we are all thinking of you. Not doing much gpheading for my kidney stone op on Friday can’t wait to get out of this pain. It will be 10 weeks since I took ill and was only supposed to have stent in 4/6 weeks so I will be so glad to get sorted.

GranEd Sat 02-Nov-19 09:09:07

Aww Gillybob you’re certainly going through hell.
No words can make it feel any better but be assured that you and your lovely man are in everyone’s thoughts. Praying for a miracle for you!
B****r any stroppy customers. You have more important things to cope with.
Love and hugs to you and your family.
???

GrannyGravy13 Sat 02-Nov-19 09:09:46

gillybob please feel free to rant away, you have every reason in the world to vent your frustrations, fears and anger, we are here for you flowers

DoraMarr Sat 02-Nov-19 09:17:10

Good morning from a wet and windy Birmingham. I’ve been awake since before six, but am still in my dressing gown after a long relaxing morning reading the papers. I have two M&S caramel and cinnamon swirls to have with coffee, and not a lot to do this morning, so all is right with the world. Later two of my daughters plus husbands and two children are coming for hot dogs and a view of the fireworks from my balcony. The nearly three year old is frightened of fireworks, so she may be inside watching from the window with her daddy. I’m doing a spot of canvassing this afternoon. I hope it goes better than last time when I and the councillor I was accompanying were chased down a garden path by an elderly man waving his walking stick!

Bathsheba Sat 02-Nov-19 09:17:47

Oh Gilly please, please don't think we'll ever become irritated by your posts. The first thing I do each day is check this thread to see if you've updated, and I keep checking until you do. I don't know what to say, there is nothing I can say that will help you, but please know that you are both constantly in my thoughts and prayers. If only I lived near you, I'd be by your side, holding your hand. flowers

Annapops Sat 02-Nov-19 09:20:37

Bless you Gilly. How I wish we could all help you more as reading your post today brought tears to my eyes. Continue to rant as much as you wish my girl. How any of us would cope in such a situation is beyond me. My prayers reach out to you both today.

Thorntrees Sat 02-Nov-19 09:20:42

Not a regular poster but just wanted to say that no one on this very lovely thread will ever be irritated by your posts gillybob.
Indeed we just all wish we could do more to help you through this dreadful time.
For now as always sending loving thoughts and prayers for the strength you need to see you through each day.
Take care.

Susan56 Sat 02-Nov-19 09:21:34

Good morning from Shropshire.
Thank you for all your kind words and good wishes.My husband has had his operation and the surgeon was very pleased with how it went.I feel so thankful for the skill of the surgeon and all the amazing staff involved in his care.It will be a couple of months before we know how much of a success it has been but any improvement will be good.
Marydoll,glad you had such a lovely day yesterday and dragonfly hope you enjoy your outing today.
gilly,we will never be irritated by your posts.I know I speak for many when I say I wish I could support you with more than words.I am sorry that the day nurse wasn’t very friendly.I hope that today is a better day for you and send you love,prayers and strength.x

aggie Sat 02-Nov-19 09:21:46

Good morning all , quite bright here today , I think I am getting used to he hour change !
Dreading the run up to Dec , nothing on tv except the blonde fool
I have just read your update Gilly please do not feel that you are irritating , nothing could be further from the truth , we are all praying and hoping for a good outcome to your torture xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dragonfly46 Sat 02-Nov-19 09:25:17

Well said urmston we will never get tired of your posts gilly if we could be there to hold your hand we would be.

Urmstongran Sat 02-Nov-19 09:27:47

Had to pop back to say (a) the rugby is tense 3-0 to South Africa and my husband is shouting and clapping in alternate moments and (b) the rain has stopped, the sun is cracking the flags - hot again!

I love ??

Urmstongran Sat 02-Nov-19 09:31:07

X posts thank you dragonfly43 good to hear you’re getting out and about with your kind husband today - what a lovely gesture, recording the rugby for you. He must love you - enjoy your lunch!

NannyJan53 Sat 02-Nov-19 09:33:36

Gilly I echo Urmston and all on here who say, we will never be irritated by your posts. We all wish there was something more we could do to help. It could be any of us in this position. We all stick together and give support (albeit virtually). I really wish I could do something to help.

It is absolutely tipping it down this morning. Partner is watching the Rugby. I pop into the living room now and then to see how it is going.

Later we are off to the caravan on its indoor storage site to make sure all is well for the winter.

So glad to hear your DH's operation went well Susan and I hope recovery is swift.

kittylester Sat 02-Nov-19 09:41:44

Nothing to add to the other posts gilly but sending you love and hugs as always.

Rant away!!!

susan good to hear that your dh's op went well!

BlueSapphire Sat 02-Nov-19 09:50:18

Good morning from a very wet Northampton. Later this morning as I slept in a bit and then had to wait for my Kindle Fire to charge.

Nervously watching the rugby from behind the sofa... My team Northampton Saints had a good win last night, the score was 40-22, and I watched it on tv from the comfort of my armchair, as I didn't fancy getting wet and cold again.

Nothing planned for today.

My heart goes out to Gilly, this is the place to come and get everything off your chest, we don't mind. Went through similar with my DH last year (before I started posting on here), and am sure that others have too, really feel for you. Hoping for better news every day.

EllanVannin Sat 02-Nov-19 09:53:26

Good Morning All x.
Damp and dull here on the NW coast though doesn't appear cold.

Problems with the laptop and it's a nuisance as I keep having to force close-down due to the cursor freezing. The laptop's only 4/5 months old too though this is only a recent problem but enough to put me off ! This is my 2nd attempt at writing.

I do feel for Gillybob especially when nobody tells you anything as there's nothing more frustrating. I also appreciate that at the moment it'll be trial and error with BP medication as it'll depend on the medication etc. that's presently being given.
Rant as much as you need to Gillybob, we don't mind as you don't have to bottle things up here, we all understand x.

For others who've been under the weather I hope things pick up for you all. Everyone enjoy your day.
Must get showered now as I've already had my breakfast.

Maggiemaybe Sat 02-Nov-19 09:56:41

Dear gillybob, I haven’t been on GN much lately and rarely visit this thread, so have only just found out about the hell you are going through. I am so very, very sorry, and like so many others on here, will be holding you in my thoughts and prayers. thanksthanksthanks

conor Sat 02-Nov-19 09:59:55

Nothing else to say to Gillybob that hasn't been said. You are both in all our thoughts and prayers. I also read your post before any others, hoping for a miracle. You could never be an irritation but such an inspiration! Keep fighting, we are all here for you! flowerssunshinexxxx

Lisagran Sat 02-Nov-19 10:03:32

Gilly - so sorry to hear that the day nurse wasn’t exactly a ray of sunshine - don’t they realise a smile and a friendly word can make all the difference?
You will never irritate other GNs - everyone is thinking of you and hoping for some improvement. Look after yourself xx