Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Sun 03-Nov-19 06:18:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry at present here in Brackley , usual quiet day for me.
Yesterday was even quieter , with Rugby being on TV , town centres of Bicester and Buckingham were empty.
no flea market though despite whether improvements.
Mick

Grammaretto Sun 03-Nov-19 08:30:31

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's dreich again.
I will hear at breakfast from our young guests how the public fireworks display went. I can do without these days.
I was setting up an exhibition with other artists/ crafters which opens this afternoon.
I have been thinking of poor Gilly and her situation and wish we could help and our prayers could be answered.

Auntieflo Sun 03-Nov-19 08:32:30

Good morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
It's brightening up nicely here in Berks, after a chilly night. DH pinched all the duvet and I ended up with a throw!
Good job I am not a chilly morsel these days, grin
Anyway, he brought me my early morning cup of tea, which I had to wait to drink, as it's my day for taking my weekly tablet.
Nothing much planned for today, but Church a bit later on, and a catch up with friends, lovely.

DD rang last night, and she is still suffering from a sore throat and mouth ulcers poor lass, I hope they heal quickly, as they are going away on holiday soon.

All healing thoughts to Gillybob and her dear man.
Best wishes to all those under the weather and feeling down.

Have a good day one and all.

Greyduster Sun 03-Nov-19 08:42:18

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire and that means junior footie, but it is a later start this morning I’m glad to say! Nothing much to do today except clean the car and try, sort out some paperwork and find something for lunch!
Hoping Mr Gilly is making progress ??

gillybob Sun 03-Nov-19 08:42:48

Good morning from the NE coast .

I have had a horrible almost sleepless night and couldn’t wait to be up and about half heartedly doing housework.

I confess to having a bit of a melt down yesterday which I think has been a long time coming. Not one single ounce of good news or even the smallest positive sign just more and more bad news every day.

I asked the nurse if I could have a meeting with the doctor and it was arranged for 2pm. At about 1.50 who should arrive but my dad (despite me telling him absolutely not to come as it just adds to my stress and worry). Anyway nurse said the doctor is ready to see you so we trouped down the corridor and my dad followed . Is asked him to stay at my DH’s bedside but he insisted he “wanted to hear what was going on” (obviously he doesn’t believe me and needs to hear it from a man).

I asked the doctor to be honest and he was (brutally so) . My dad then told me (in his usual tactful way) to calm down....I suppose you can figure the rest out for yourselves.

They are now concerned that my DH may have suffered long term damage from being on life support for so long . Apparently the older you are the more strain it puts on the vital organs including brain function. He has complete “myopathy” and I was warned that any recovery might not be “recovery as in back to normal” .

I honestly don’t know where to turn or what to do. I am told this could go on for months or they may eventually reach a point of no return where there is no hopeful sign of recovery. What do I do? I have a mortgage, debts secured on our home and a small business, I am responsible for other people’s jobs.

Last night I was so distraught I had the worst of thoughts going through my head.

Anyway the lesson learned is if you don’t want the truth, don’t ask the questions.

Love to all

Gilly x

Lins1066 Sun 03-Nov-19 08:43:33

Good morning from the S Welsh coast where the sun is shining. I woke at 5.30 but did go back to sleep.
Thanks for your good wishes Susan, hope your DH is comfortable after his operation.

I am having a cuppa and will attempt the sudoku and crossword shortly. A fish and chip supper for us this evening, there are three good chippies in our seaside town.

Sending my good wishes to gilly she is often in my thoughts. I hope your little GS is better and will be discharged from hospital GG.
Have the best Sunday you can everyone.
PS our repaired flat roof has a new leak ?

dragonfly46 Sun 03-Nov-19 08:46:55

Oh gilly what can I say? My thoughts and prayers are with you.

gillybob Sun 03-Nov-19 08:47:21

So sorry to learn about your poorly baby grandson grannygravy I am so sorry that I missed this, wrapped up in my own selfish misery as I am .

I do hope he is well enough to be discharged soon. So sorry again.

Pantglas2 Sun 03-Nov-19 08:54:10

Oh gillybob- words cant come close to expressing my admiration for you (and others feel the same, don’t doubt that).

May you get the strength from somewhere to carry on and do try and lean on the people who offer help in whatever form - I’m sure your employees are able to step up and hope your family, friends and neighbours are coming through for you as well.

Feel free to vent on here whenever it gets too much for you, it’s the safest place to do so!

Yiayia4 Sun 03-Nov-19 08:54:25

No words will help Gilly just sending a hug xx

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 03-Nov-19 08:57:03

Morning all from an overcast South Notts. Hope to go shopping shortly and then a quiet day is planned.

Thinking of you gillybob and grannygravy, my heart goes out to you both and anyone with worries.

Anniebach Sun 03-Nov-19 08:58:44

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Sun 03-Nov-19 08:59:11

Dear God that was a hell of a brutal day gilly. What on earth possessed your father to be so insensitive ? He needs a damn good talking to. I am furious for you.
Keep talking on here, you can rant without worrying about who you are upsetting.
Hugs and a shoulder to lean/cry on.

gillybob Sun 03-Nov-19 09:00:55

If only pantglas if only . I really Don’t mean to seem pathetic but I have always been the one who looks after everyone else . I have a tiny family . My elderly father , my sister working full time who “has to see to the dog” in the evenings, my DD who has a 18 month old baby and us losing shifts at work because I can’t do the childcare, my son working full time with 3 children and his wife who works shifts and that’s it . I have no friends ( in real life) and my neighbours wouldn’t know if I were alive or dead . So I’m afraid it’s just me . The lads at work have just about reached the end of their capabilities without my DH’s input . Won’t be long before I have to reluctantly admit defeat.

gillybob Sun 03-Nov-19 09:02:38

It’s just his way Harri you don’t show your feelings you “calm down” he’s always been like that, nothing new . I just wish he hadn’t come .

Urmstongran Sun 03-Nov-19 09:04:05

❤️ gillybob

I honestly can’t think of a single thing to say to you dear friend. Words however well meant just don’t seem adequate so I’m not even going to try. xxxxxxx

GrannyGravy13 Sun 03-Nov-19 09:09:08

gillybob I am so sorry to hear that you are only continually hearing bad news. I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better.
Be gentle with yourself, you can only do what you can do, cry scream and stamp your feet in the privacy of your own home, let it all out. flowers

Marydoll Sun 03-Nov-19 09:13:39

Dear Gilly, I'm so sorry that it has come to this and that you are having to deal with it all on your own. My heart is breaking for you.

You say you have no friends in real life, but hang on to the knowledge that you have all of us, standing right beside you. x

kittylester Sun 03-Nov-19 09:15:28

Loving support from so many people here gilly.

I wonder if you would feel able to take half a day off sitting with your husband? Could you let your daughter go while you spend time with Evie? You really need to look after you, too. brew

Pantglas2 Sun 03-Nov-19 09:18:33

And grannygravy13 sorry not to have sent good wishes for your grandson- horrible for a baby to be so ill x

EllanVannin Sun 03-Nov-19 09:21:09

Good Morning All x
It was lovely here earlier on but now clouding over a bit though the sun is doing its best.

Woke up stiff as a board this morning so I don't know what happened there, old age I suspect ! I used to leap out of bed not so long ago and now it takes a couple of jerks to sit up ready to move.

Least of my worries anyway listening to Gillybob's situation.
Gillybob, don't look too far ahead and cross those bridges when you come to them. xx.

Physio for the myopathy will come later Gilly once your DH comes through this. I've known this to happen after long-term assisted breathing etc. It will be a long journey like re-living all over again. People have been in coma's for a long time and have wakened with their mind " intact " it's just their bodies that have let them down.

Take one day at a time and each day as it comes. You'll come through this somehow. Patients have surprised doctors many a time.
I know only too well that it's difficult not to worry but try and keep yourself together for your own sake as well as for DH and others, overthinking doesn't do anyone any good.

It's in the lap of the Gods . Thoughts are with you. x

Have a peaceful day everyone.

Pittcity Sun 03-Nov-19 09:24:25

Gillybob you are loved and supported by all of us here on GN. We are always here for you to unload and wish that we could swoop in and take some of the huge weight that you, and many other gransnetters, are carrying.
(((hugs)))

NanKate Sun 03-Nov-19 09:27:12

Gilly I wonder if Citizens Advice could give you some help regarding finance. I think practical help is what you need now. Can anyone else think of some Agency that might advise OUR poor Gillybob ?

Life is bloody unfair at times and Gilly has been hit big time.

Auntieflo Sun 03-Nov-19 09:31:21

Gilly, I am so sorry to hear your latest sad news, but thank you for finding time to update us.
As Marydoll says, we are all right here beside you, even if you can't see and touch us, our loving thoughts go out to you.

NannyJan53 Sun 03-Nov-19 09:35:29

I agree with NanKate you need some practical help and advice gilly Citizens Advice would be a start, as I am sure they could advise where to go?

Lisagran Sun 03-Nov-19 09:36:28

Lots of hugs for you Gilly - what an awful time for you. EllanVanin sounds like she’s offering knowledgeable advice - take heed.
NanKate - I too was wondering how and where Gilly could access much needed help. Anyone any ideas?