Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Sun 03-Nov-19 06:18:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry at present here in Brackley , usual quiet day for me.
Yesterday was even quieter , with Rugby being on TV , town centres of Bicester and Buckingham were empty.
no flea market though despite whether improvements.
Mick

Jangran99 Sun 03-Nov-19 22:58:08

Goodnight gilly and God bless you and your dear man. Know how much you are loved when you read all these messages.

NfkDumpling Sun 03-Nov-19 20:51:49

I like to think Marydoll is right, it's the way I was thinking too. Even if his intentions were a little selfish he may go home and stir up Gilly's sister to at least support him and take that little bit of stress away.

flowers and vibes of courage Gilly and remember to look after yourself first and foremost.

Urmstongran Sun 03-Nov-19 20:40:13

A kinder take on it, Marydoll

But maybe a kernel of truth from GrannySomerset as gillybob did say she wished he hadn’t have turned up because it stresses her out.

kittylester Sun 03-Nov-19 20:39:55

Good post marydoll.

Lisagran Sun 03-Nov-19 20:18:51

Some excellent suggestions, JenniferEccles

Marydoll Sun 03-Nov-19 19:57:24

The other side of that may be that Gilly's elderly father, worried about his daughter, thought that he should be at the hospital, supporting his daughter.

He may not have got it right, and made things worse, but we don't know the whole story.

GrannySomerset Sun 03-Nov-19 19:35:05

Notices that Gilly’s father, who can’t do his own shopping, managed to turn up at the hospital in order not to be any help at all. She deserves so much better!

Urmstongran Sun 03-Nov-19 18:27:08

Hear, hear JE

JenniferEccles Sun 03-Nov-19 17:44:30

Oh dear gillybob what a dreadful day you had yesterday.
Your dad, who should have been a source of comfort for you just made it all harder. So sorry the doctor didn't have better news for you.

I think the time has come now for you to concentrate on yourself and think about what is best for you for the future.

Obviously your husband is still your first concern, and of course you hope he will make a good recovery, but nevertheless I can well understand how finances are a real worry to you.

Building societies are usually sympathetic in situations like yours and often offer a mortgage 'holiday' , likewise whoever the debt on the house is with may do something similar if you contact them and explain the situation. The important thing is to keep in touch with them, and keep them up to date with the situation.

Regarding your business, as I have said before, could someone experienced be put in to manage and run the business for the time being ? It is your livelihood, yours and your husband's and if you can keep it ticking over to provide some much needed income, well that would be one less thing to worry about.

Meanwhile I do hope your family is supporting you in all this. You do so much for them, but now it is you who needs looking after. You are their mum in a desperate situation, so I hope that help is there for you.

Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight, but it is so hard to shut our minds off at times, isn't it?

Very best wishes to you.

dragonfly46 Sun 03-Nov-19 16:13:57

Great news GG.

Marydoll Sun 03-Nov-19 15:11:05

Oh lovely news. You must be so relieved and happy and dying for a cuddle!

Pantglas2 Sun 03-Nov-19 15:07:48

How lovely grannygravy13 I’m sure you’re all relieved! Now we need good news from gillybob x

GrannyGravy13 Sun 03-Nov-19 15:04:19

Just popped back to let you know that our GS is on his way home, we are all relieved and extremely grateful to the staff at our local hospital.

Feelingmyage55 Sun 03-Nov-19 12:46:40

Dear gillybob. Much good advice and great practical suggestions from Hermia46. No one has mentioned seeking a listening ear from the hospital chaplain. You do not have to be a “believer” to approach him/her who will have heard it all before and should also have some practical advice and contacts. There may be a Pastoral Care department too. ?

merlotgran Sun 03-Nov-19 12:41:57

I can't really add any more to the above advice, gilly and I'm sure your mind is going into pressure overload trying to deal with emotional and practical issues at the same time.

So unfair that you have so much on your plate while trying to cope with your DH's illness.

Sending love xx

GrannyGravy13 Sun 03-Nov-19 10:50:13

Welcome Curlywurly and Geminigran This thread is full of friendship and support.

Thank you all for your kind wishes for our GS, he is so young but receiving excellent care, will let you know when he is home.

Curlywhirly Sun 03-Nov-19 10:43:58

I am new to this daily thread, and don't know the back stories of the lovely people who post on it. But I can see from the week I have been following it that Gillybob is having a terrible time and feels completely overwhelmed and very alone. Many posters seem to be very close to her which is lovely; do any of you live in her area? Could any of you befriend her in real life and give her some much needed support? Here's hoping that something positive happens to give her some relief from all the bad news.

Hermia46 Sun 03-Nov-19 10:35:27

Dearest Gilly, I am not a poster - but I have been following your posts for some time with much concern. CAB for certain to get them to talk to your mortgage company and get deferred terms agreed. Re the business if you have an accountant ask them for help, if not try the local chamber of commerce if they know anyone who could step in and run the business for you or the Rotary - they are run by local business people and could well offer interim help. In the meantime much love.

conor Sun 03-Nov-19 10:30:41

Sending??to Gillybobs xxx

Grammaretto Sun 03-Nov-19 10:23:15

Continuing to send you my love Gilly and if you ever need a place to stay, we have a spare room!

kittylester Sun 03-Nov-19 10:00:23

geminigran, welcome!

I suggest you start a whole new thread about husbands in Nursing homes. We have a few members who are in a similar position.

gilly, is your dh the father of your daughter? If so, she might welcome the chance to spend time with her dad.

dragonfly46 Sun 03-Nov-19 09:51:16

GrannyGravy I too am sorry to hear your tiny GS has been in hospital. I hope he comes out today.

Susan I hope your DH is recovering well.

Mapleleaf Sun 03-Nov-19 09:50:16

Good morning from a bright South Yorkshire.

GG13, I do hope your little GS is much improved today, bless him.

gilly, I'm so sorry to read of the latest developments. As others say, practical advice is what you need now, and citizens advice may be a start. Also your GP - they have access to lots of support and guidance that they can point you to. Your own well being is paramount. Sending hugs and best wishes. ?

Geminigran Sun 03-Nov-19 09:49:36

Hello all,

My first post on here, so forgive any novice mistakes. I have just read some of the posts and get the feeling that everyone on here is a friendly group.
So just want to ask is there anyone, who like me, has a husband in an Alzheimer's Care Home. I find life a bit lonely without him but know he is in the best place. I would love to hear from anyone who might be in the same position to just to share experiences with.

kittylester Sun 03-Nov-19 09:44:11

Would the local Chamber of Commrrce be able to help?