Gransnet forums

Chat

Are you...

(65 Posts)
annsixty Wed 06-Nov-19 10:15:42

Self partnering.?
I think that is the phrase Emma ? Someone is calling herself.
With conscious uncoupling by another actor, where will it all and I ask myself

travelsafar Fri 08-Nov-19 13:30:53

Narrowboatnan I can remember my friend going off somewhere on her own and i asked if she was ok by herself, she said i am going with me, myself and I and we are ok alone.smile

henetha Fri 08-Nov-19 10:35:08

why didn't that work? Try again.... smile

henetha Fri 08-Nov-19 10:34:39

Me and my back prefer going out alone because when back decides to play up I can sit down, or even come home if necessary, without upsetting any companions.
I suppose me and my back are self-partnering, but it's a silly phrase.. {smile}

eebeew Fri 08-Nov-19 08:24:11

Maybe she was joking?

narrowboatnan Fri 08-Nov-19 08:17:21

Is there a word for what I do when I go out? Self Partnering doesn't cover a Happy Triple, for I often go out with Me, Mice Elf and Eye.

travelsafar Fri 08-Nov-19 07:54:22

how about single and happy!!!!!

BlueSapphire Thu 07-Nov-19 21:34:43

Well, I am very unhappily single (all late DH's fault), but I am making the best of it...

Anniebach Thu 07-Nov-19 20:36:36

No way would I marry me, I would want a quickie divorce

cas58 Thu 07-Nov-19 20:11:03

Yes I am.

Tigertooth Thu 07-Nov-19 19:09:55

I have no idea what you’re asking

Callistemon Thu 07-Nov-19 17:47:49

Gonegirl
I've got it now (your post today 15:48:16)

Thanks

I must be naïve

lizzypopbottle Thu 07-Nov-19 17:41:30

I'm single and happily so but I do find I talk to myself quite a lot so now I'm wondering.... I've heard it could be the first sign of madness but, on the other hand, maybe I'm self partnered and talking to my self-partner! Hooray! I'm saved! Where are the tweezers? Those hairs on my partner's palms need attending to...

Aepgirl Thu 07-Nov-19 17:11:26

Spinster.

Urmstongran Thu 07-Nov-19 16:53:27

Happily single would do. I think she sounds a bit up herself. Oh well, she’s an actor - isn’t it said there no such thing as bad publicity?. (Mind you some politicians might disagree the last 2 days!)

Gonegirl Thu 07-Nov-19 16:16:30

I actually think pompous, up their own arses, posters belong in the bin.

Greciangirl Thu 07-Nov-19 16:16:28

Oh yes. Definitely luvvie speak, Callistemon.

Pretentious prat’s, that’s what I call them.
And most of them live in LA, la la land.

Gonegirl Thu 07-Nov-19 16:14:55

Who is sniggering?

I was stating a fact.

M0nica Thu 07-Nov-19 15:50:23

Having a daughter who has chosen to stay single, I think the suggestions being made here are unpleasant. Not the action but that people should think that self-pleasure is something 'dirty minded' or something to snigger about.

It is a totally normal procedure indulged in by most people. People who think it sniggerable belong in the bin with those who think being gay is something to snigger about.

Gonegirl Thu 07-Nov-19 15:48:16

I thought a vibrator must be involved.

Still think so.

GeorgyGirl Thu 07-Nov-19 15:41:39

Whatever next is the world coming to. I despair!

Callistemon Thu 07-Nov-19 15:04:35

I think a lot of people on here just react to a phrase without actually reading the article and considering their response.

I found it, read it and also read Bel Mooney's take on it.
Spot on, Bel!

DoraMarr Thu 07-Nov-19 14:54:59

grantanje did you read the article?

grandtanteJE65 Thu 07-Nov-19 13:35:54

I must have a dirty mind. Self partnering ? Really!

DoraMarr Thu 07-Nov-19 13:35:23

grannybaby that’s how I read it too, and I share your sentiments. I think a lot of people on here just react to a phrase without actually reading the article and considering their response. I too love coming home and feel really happy living alone. Importantly, it’s my choice.

grannygranby Thu 07-Nov-19 13:10:03

I dont know why it has caused such a fuss. On Twitter all the males that respond to it refer endlessly to masturbation ...groan. When I saw it I was pleased and thought - yes that's an interesting way to put it that I can relate to. I was happily married twice for many many years and when I was first living on my own I was very upset...and it took me a few years to get to the state when I realised on coming back home from a night out I was so relieved to be back in my own company. It's like I had fallen in love with my own company. So instead of only feeling 'norma'l and 'at home' when with my partner - I now feel only at home and happy on my own. Its a great feeling.
It's an emotional thing and I think she explained itwell. Words like spinster, single etc carry a lot of negative 'lonely baggage and don't explain the fullness that can be found living with yourself. (And non-humans are great companions) quite frankly its bliss.
And any gransnetters out there fearing living alone. Don't. - you can be your own admiring perfect partner.