Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Fri 08-Nov-19 06:12:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning , venturing out later weekly shop, and maybe pop into Banbury , am interested in buying a Parka coat , which should keep warm when outside..
Other than that will be watching the Track Cycling from Glasgow , on the BBC red button most of the weekend starting tonight, its Olympic qualify for some track events , GB needs to improve in some areas.
Mick

Callistemon Fri 08-Nov-19 18:45:22

Gillybob I only just heard yesterday and am so sorry to hear your news but heartened that your DH is a little better today.

I'm thinking of you both and hope your DH continues to improve.
flowers

Lisagran Fri 08-Nov-19 16:25:36

Only just found time to pop in to GN - glad to hear there have been no setbacks Gillybob and that your husband sounds more stable. He must be a fighter! I do hope you are looking after yourself. Thinking of you xx

NfkDumpling Fri 08-Nov-19 13:36:12

Tiny steps Gilly but in the right direction. I was expecting you to say he’d dropped back a bit today so well done MrGilly.

cornergran Fri 08-Nov-19 12:50:22

Popped back to check on gilly and her husband. Your news does seem just a little brighter but yes, it must feel as if you’ve sat there forever. Sending love and a hug.

bridie54 Fri 08-Nov-19 12:10:20

It might be colder Marydoll, but when its wet and maybe not so cold it's worse. There's something lovely about wrapping up warm and getting out on days like this. Am meeting both sisters after lunch for a jaunt to shops. Was down your way last weekend to DDs and the rain was awful, a dreadful drive home.

Marydoll Fri 08-Nov-19 12:00:48

Welcome bridie, I bet it's even colder up your way than it is down here in Glasgow!!

bridie54 Fri 08-Nov-19 11:56:51

Almost unable to say Good Morning, but just squeaking in with a hello from a beautiful, sunny, frosty, Friday morning here in Angus. Cleaned and refilled the bird feeders, made a big pot of spicy lentil and red pepper soup (essential on these frosty days ) now relaxing with my coffee.

Gonegirl Fri 08-Nov-19 11:34:50

gillybob you are doing amazingly well, although you might not think so. You are very very good wife. xxx Such courage.

conor Fri 08-Nov-19 10:13:11

Stay strong Gillybobs, we are all rooting for more improvementflowers?x.

Jangran99 Fri 08-Nov-19 09:56:14

Gilly, just a tiny crack in those dark clouds surrounding you, but a crack never- the - less.
Please God the improvement continues.Be assured of our constant prayers for both of you.X

Resurgam123 Fri 08-Nov-19 09:40:45

Gillybob good to hear some better news about Mr Gillybob.
☆xxxx

Resurgam123 Fri 08-Nov-19 09:35:57

Ginny42. I am sharing this lovely sunshine with you. I don't know about the rest of the UK.

Rufus2 Fri 08-Nov-19 09:35:12

Just pooped out to Waitrose
Mick; I always thought Waitrose was a clean respectable shop! grin

Resurgam123 Fri 08-Nov-19 09:32:11

Bright sunshine and blue skies here in Cheshire.

Thorntrees Fri 08-Nov-19 09:25:43

Hope these small signs of improvement are a turning point for your DH gillybob. As always keeping you in thought and prayer.

Urmstongran Fri 08-Nov-19 09:20:25

I write such long posts I’ve X posts with the 8 of you who preceded me! Sorry to hear about the bullying your grandson is being subjected to Ginny42 - he and his mum will be glad it’s Friday. It is a horrible thing but hopefully schools are more robust in their approach these days so I hope it gets nipped in the bud soon.

Susan56 Fri 08-Nov-19 09:15:14

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.
Quiet day planned??my husband has had a couple of days of feeling quite unwell, hoping he will improve today.I think he was on such a high at having his surgery and also from the cocktail of painkillers that were included in the anaesthetic.
Kitty, enjoy your course it sounds really interesting.
Harrigran, we often say we don’t know how we fitted work into our busy lives!
Ginny, I really hope the school can sort out the bullying issues your GS is having.Its horrible and I’m sure will be on your mind all day?
Glad that things are moving in the right direction gilly and hope and pray the improvement continues.x
Sending good wishes to all who are unwell,recovering from illness,caring for loved ones or who have other worries?

Urmstongran Fri 08-Nov-19 09:08:26

Good morning everyone from a beautiful sunny Malaga where to be honest I feel as though I’m having everyone’s retirement on here. I even slept like the proverbial baby for 10 hours last night!

My husband has just got back from his morning walk (a proper best foot forward, not my geisha steps as he calls them) and brought me a cuppa before getting his shower. He must think I need the rest heh!

Tonight we are meeting friends for dinner so we will share a taxi down to Benalmadena marina. It’s so pretty there in the dark - all the lights from the bars and restaurants reflected in the water. It was built around 20y ago (I remember the construction work, all the cranes and girders, dust and noise!) in a Moorish design. Ben - al - Madena I suppose? We plan cocktails first (someone has to do it) then choose where to eat as there must be 30+ restaurants there!

I feel so lazy (the truth hurts) compared to most of you here today - especially harrigran whose husband will already be in the NEXT COUNTY doing the school run as I type this! Oh dear. Time to sip me tea.

I love the warmth and humour that shines through your posts Marydoll - enjoy your lunch at the golf club and relax driving, just take your time.

Bet Hattie will be joyous to welcome you home Maw! I hope you enjoyed your stay in Manchester - it was at least mild and dry!

gillybob I’m delighted to hear of the baby steps your husband is making and I agree it is frightening to think how you’ve got to such a place. As you say, it puts everything we moan about in true perspective doesn’t it - a sudden, shocking realisation about what we take for granted. I admire your fortitude enormously and send my heartfelt best wishes.

Gosh, is that the time? (An hour ahead of you here it’s 10am already!). Time to get up.

Hope Friday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Pantglas2 Fri 08-Nov-19 08:55:27

Morning all from a cold but sunny Spain- just returned from the gym - hate going there but never regret having made the effort, I’ll be bouncing all day now!

Glad to hear gillybob better news - may everyone have a dollop today!

Love your posts Marydoll- you’re the person things happen to and have us all agog!

Out to a market and coffee in a neighbouring village this morning and out later for tapas with friends.

Bathsheba Fri 08-Nov-19 08:54:25

It's going to be a long road out of that dark tunnel Gilly, but I'm pleased to hear there's been a glimpse of the light at the end. Keep on keeping on, reaching for that little chink of light, and it'll slowly but surely get closer. You're both constantly in my thoughts and prayers flowers

Auntieflo Fri 08-Nov-19 08:54:18

Good morning Michael, Annie and all others.

Chilly start to the day here, and from what I can see from the bedroom windows, the car roofs look a bit frosty.

Had a lovely day with a friend yesterday, and lunch out at a garden centre. There is always a lot to be tempted by, but I managed to get out without too much damage to my purse.

Gillybob I am pleased that there appears to be little improvements still going on for your DH.
I just wish I could magic up a holiday for you.

Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Fri 08-Nov-19 08:52:42

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Ginny42 Fri 08-Nov-19 08:50:51

Good morning Mick, enjoy the cycling. It's a beautiful morning in Cheshire with a blue sky and bright sunshine. I hope it brings some respite to the flooded areas the other side of the Pennines.

A chat with my DD about GS being bullied at school has taken the shine off today I'm afraid as I can't help worrying about him. The school are dealing with it, so we'll see what happens today.

Still, got to stay busy, so I'm going out walking with my neighbours in the woods at 9.00 then to check on a friend just home from hospital.

Tiny steps at a time Gilly. Everything sounds more positive. xx
To all who are feeling poorly or sad, take good care of yourselves. To all travellers, take care and enjoy your holidays.

BlueSapphire Fri 08-Nov-19 08:50:28

Good morning everyone from a damp Northampton, but it is supposed to brighten up. This is the first day this week that I have no activities or things on, so will enjoy being able to please myself. Will probably pop down to Sainsbury's and M&S food to pick up a few things that were missing in my delivery yesterday, and have a coffee and people watch! I usually see someone I know.

Must see if I have enough wrapping paper for elder DGD's 12th birthday present before I go out. Had no idea what to get her, but she mentioned the other day that she enjoyed Graphics at school, so I have got her a nice art set in a wooden carry box. Her birthday is next Tuesday, so we are all going out for a family lunch on Sunday.

Thinking of Gilly and all with worries for themselves or loved ones.

Alygran Fri 08-Nov-19 08:35:40

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It looks as if it’s just about to stop raining. Hope those further south are safe from the floods.
Nothing planned for today so perhaps a walk of it does brighten up.
Thinking of Gilly and all those not well or caring for someone. Enjoy the sunshine those who are abroad and safe travels to those on the move.
Hope everyone has a good day.