Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Sun 10-Nov-19 06:26:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterdays flea market in Buckingham was small size wise as most regular ones failed to show.
Today, usual day for me start to prepare lunch later , and have a snooze after.
Mick

Auntieflo Sun 10-Nov-19 08:44:08

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
DH is doing the AV at Church this morning, and has his fingers crossed that all the electrics will be working ?, as they can be temperamental, so we have to be there a bit early.
Loving thoughts to the Gillybobs, and Maw B, and all those remembering loved and lost ones.

Marydoll Sun 10-Nov-19 08:45:17

Good morning all from a frosty Scotland, it's a beautiful morning here.

I was planning to go to church this morning, but have now changed my mind, a wee bit under the weather today.
DH has gone for the papers, (my job on a Sunday), to save me going out in the cold and having to scrape my car. Referring to another GN thread, Kitty, that's how I know he loves me! grin

My thoughts are with Maw and anyone else who is sad today. I constantly think of the Gillybobs and found yesterday's post very upsetting. ?
I feel so useless, as I'm sure others do too.

I followed Paw's journey on GN, the ups and the downs, and from reading your posts Maw, I could see that he was a truly remarkable man. I cannot believe it is two years ago.

My WHOLE house is smelling of DIL's Persil non bio, (other brands are available) I can even smell it upstairs!!
DS's washing machine has still not been repaired. Remembering the last occasion when DIL let it all pile up, it will be fixed quickly, NO, it wasn't!!
I reminded them of this, so DS appeared last night with bags of washing.
How can three people (including one tiny) generate so much washing in two days????? I did lots on Thursday.
Of course half of it cannot be tumble dried. ?There is washing everywhere. Thank goodness I have plenty of room.
It set me wondering about how I coped with all the washing when DH and I were still working and I had three school uniforms to deal with.... and they were mucky children!!! grin
There was a question recently on GN about a Lakeland heated airer, well it has done the job!
Sorry rant over! I just needed to let off steam. blush It seems trivial in the light of the sadness many are experiencing.

Those travelling to see family, take care and everyone else, enjoy your Sunday, the best you can.

Urmstongran Sun 10-Nov-19 08:49:19

Good morning everyone from a very windy Malaga, so much so himself hasn’t gone out for his morning walk. Maybe later he thinks! Same as you today Pantglas - food and football will be the order of the day.

What a kind face Paw had Maw it shines through on the photo you share. Grief is the price you pay for love and you loved him very very much. I’m sure we all send you a hug today.

Thinking of gillybob too. She’s going through the most horrendous time. Not only the worry about how poorly her husband is but the added anxiety about the fate of their family business and impact on their home. Don’t give up hope gilly miracles DO happen.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Roses Sun 10-Nov-19 08:50:27

Good morning from sunny Chester what a difference from the rain and snow we had all day yesterday. Going to use the slow cooker I bought yesterday but not sure if you brown the meat first or just put it in raw as I've never used one before and the instructions were missing, any advice would be welcome.
The dog will get a good walk today as we couldn't go out yesterday.
I think about Gilly every day and think how lonely she must feel in her terrible situation and hope she gets some comfort from all the love and prayers that have been sent to her.

Pittcity Sun 10-Nov-19 08:58:04

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Cold and dry for Remembrance Sunday.
We will be watching the Cenotaph on TV this morning as DGS1 is marching in a Remembrance Parade this afternoon and we are supporting.
A day of love and thought, which will include Maw and Gillypoppy

NfkDumpling Sun 10-Nov-19 09:01:53

Morning All

We just had a heavy rain shower on what is forecast to be a lovely, if rather chilly, day. We have to get the seats off our little boat today ready for her to be lifted out for winter storage. Roll on Spring!

A lovely post Maw. (((Hugs))), love and strengthening vibes to all who’re finding life a trial at present. XX

NfkDumpling Sun 10-Nov-19 09:03:21

(I always brown the meat first Roses. And everything else gets a stir round in the same pan to soak up the juices and heat up a bit.)

Roses Sun 10-Nov-19 09:07:07

Thanks Dumpling

Anniebach Sun 10-Nov-19 09:07:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

NfkDumpling Sun 10-Nov-19 09:09:35

Morning Annie.

Mapleleaf Sun 10-Nov-19 09:10:28

Good morning.

It's a bright, frosty morning so I will have to wrap up warm for the Remembrance service today.

Not a lot planned for the rest of the day, but one or two indoor jobs beckon.

Thinking of all feeling sad, unwell, worried or lonely today, especially gilly and maw.

NfkDumpling Sun 10-Nov-19 09:12:26

I’ve just seen a post on FB from a friend near Goffs Harbour in Australia. A broadcast list of school closures as the fires get nearer to her. Its surreally awful to listen to what sounds like a weather forecast - only with fire and damage of property and risk to life. Not good.

Sprout Sun 10-Nov-19 09:49:51

Morning Mick and all. Sun shining here in Essex although bit chilly. Busy day yesterday Hair cut and colour then lunch with best friend on to see my daughter all in Kent. So coming home was rough rain traffic tunnel a nightmare but heh home safe that's all that matters. Hope everyone has a good day and enjoy the Cenotaph on the TV.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 10-Nov-19 09:55:43

Morning all from South Notts where we have blue skies! I haven't ventured out yet and it may well be a good deal colder than it looks.
I'll do the usual big shop later and hope to relax, then hopefully church in the late afternoon.
Hope all is well, special thoughts of gilly and others who are suffering.

GrannySomerset Sun 10-Nov-19 10:01:42

DH up, dressed, shaved and fed; beef casserole assembled and in slow cooker ready for this evening so ready to set off for church, so where have we hidden DH’s poppy?

dragonfly46 Sun 10-Nov-19 10:04:39

That is very worrying Dumpling my SiL's family are in Coffs Harbour. The fires do look to be a way away - but it looks like Sydney is being threatened now.

EllanVannin Sun 10-Nov-19 10:10:15

Good Morning All x.
A bright sunny cold morning but very pleasant.

I can't believe that the bush fires in Oz are travelling down the coast not far from where my family are. I've never known it to happen and where they are, they're surrounded by trees and the flames from the fires " leap " because of the oil in the eucalyptus---they're like flame-throwers.
Not far from Central Coast. D is worried and can't sleep properly.
I've stood and cried at the aftermath when I've been there ,at the animals who've perished.

I wish we could send all our devastating flood water there. As if that's not bad enough as well. What a mess.

D2 was rushing around yesterday buying new uniforms for the children having to attend their " special " schools as well as one for the 3 year old who'll be attending mainstream infants to take the heat off the family situation, rather than GD to-ing and fro-ing to the nursery.

Not feeling my usual self but I'll have to pull myself together. Strange how you expect a quiet life as you get older-----not true !

Gillybob, hoping for a better day for you and H. xx Medications can cause all kinds of discomforts and " out of character " behaviours just hang in there things will settle down eventually. Antibiotics will also cause hallucinations when taken with other IV solutions.

Anyway I hope everyone else is well and you have the sunny conditions to give you a lift. Have a peaceful day.

BlueSapphire Sun 10-Nov-19 10:48:55

A very late good morning from Northampton; I slept in till 9am (unheard of for me!) And then had to wait for my Kindle Fire to charge up. In the meantime I have had a tea, and done about three quarters of yesterday's crossword. And I have just had a bacon roll. The sun is shining.

DD's concert was excellent last night, but the church was very cold. Glad DD told me to wrap up warm. Poor girl, her teeth were chattering at the interval, as she had her posh concert frock on and no woolly to keep her warm.

Elder DGD's family birthday meal tonight at a local restaurant which I am looking forward to very much.

Maw, what a lovely picture of your dear Paw. I cannot believe it is two years. My thoughts are with you today especially, and also all others with someone missing from their lives. I had the sad news yesterday that the lovely husband of an ex-teaching colleague had died on Friday. He had been ill for three years, and it was not unexpected, but that does not make it any easier.

Just watching the remembrance ceremony on tv, which is making me quite emotional.