Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Mon 11-Nov-19 06:13:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, wet and windy here in Brackley this morning, the only way to describe it.
Quiet day, having smoke /fire alarms fitted into my flat later this morning.
Stay in otherwise.
Mick

BlueSapphire Mon 11-Nov-19 06:40:42

Good morning Mick and all yet to come. Same weather in Northampton, wet and windy, but it is supposed to dry up later.

Yoga for me this morning, then have a coffee and a chat afterwards with friends. Will probably catch up on some washing later and a bit of tidying up.

Had a lovely meal out yesterday evening to celebrate elder DGD's 12th birthday. She seemed quite pleased with the art set I bought her.

Thinking today of an ex-teaching colleague who lost her dear husband on Friday, and thoughts for Maw too. And for everyone with worries.

Beechnut Mon 11-Nov-19 06:43:52

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.

Wet and cloudy on Severnside.

I’ve just opened the curtains and one of my neighbours was just leaving his house. He does odd things....drives up the drive, stops, reverses back, gets out, turns his whole self round then gets back in the car and drives off. There are other variations.

I will take my DVD back to the library and then collect my prescription. If the rain stays away I might clean the car this afternoon.

I hope you all have a good day and thinking of the gillybobs.?

vena11 Mon 11-Nov-19 06:51:05

Good morning from a dark Bristol, not sure what the weather is but will soon find out as we are going out soon for the school run this morning, first for 2 weeks and would you believe it yesterday youngest DGS was up at 6, this morning he is still asleep.
I hope Gillybob has had a better weekend and managed to get some rest and there is a bit of relief for her DH.
Keep well everyone.

Pantglas2 Mon 11-Nov-19 06:52:34

Dry morning all from a cooler Spain today - hope it warms up later on. Nothing much planned for today after gym this morning- possibly a coffee out later after a meander around town.

Hope there’s good news for everyone with worries x

MawB Mon 11-Nov-19 06:56:48

Good morning all - I think it is raining again so no surprise there!
I had a lovely day with the DDs and little ones in London yesterday. A walk through the Farmers Market followed by a typically HUGE pub roast dinner with people I love. Little Otis (8 months) was having his first taste of chicken (DD is into baby led weaning) and he loved it! Flynn chattered non-stop and insisted on “reading” his Bob the Builder magazine with me!
Their little happy faces simply lifted my spirits- it was a lovely way to celebrate their grandfather’s memory.
Wishing you all a pleasant day and the strength to face whatever this week has in store for us.

kittylester Mon 11-Nov-19 07:14:19

Morning all from a cold North Leicestershire. I dont think it is currently raining but it has been overnight. We can't do the next attempted repair to the roof until we get a few days of dry weather so we still have a towel in the hall.

A pootling and faffing day for me today.

Sending love to gilly. I hope you are reading even if you are not posting.

Your day sounds lovely, maw, as you say a lovely way to celebrate paw's memory. Dd3 did baby led weaning too - I found it quite stressful.

NanKate Mon 11-Nov-19 07:20:53

Morning Mickand all.

Cloudy day in South Bucks and rain is forecast.

Packing and sorting in readiness for another of our regular trips down to Sussex on Wednesday to look after the DGS whilst their dad is away. It’s great to be with them but such hard work.

Maw I wanted to say what a lovely kind looking man your Paw was. Thank you for sharing his photo yesterday.

Hoping for better news from Gilly today.

NanKate Mon 11-Nov-19 07:23:22

Snap Kitty our car’s leaking and DH is doing his Sherlock Holmes act of try to find where it’s coming from.

dragonfly46 Mon 11-Nov-19 07:27:01

Good morning from a wet Leicestershire. Just found out that the stream which runs next to our house could flood! I have a phobia about water in the house so watch this space. Normally it is a trickle but running quite fast this morning.

Trying more wigs on today although I have bought so many hays/turbans doubt I will need one.

Pleased you had a good day yesterday Maw.
Thinking of the Gillybobs.

Ginny42 Mon 11-Nov-19 07:33:47

Good morning Mick and everyone. I didn't have to look out to know that here in Cheshire it's pouring down out there. The rain was pounding on the skylights.

Glad you had a lovely day after all Maw, the children in their innocence can dispel the sadness. I had a really lovely day with extended family for my sister's birthday, just sad that my DD and GS are too far away to attend, but had a few hugs from nephews and nieces.

Today I have to call the surgery for a telephone consultation according to the letter, so I hope that's a sign that it's nothing serious.

Not sure I'll be walking in the woods at 9.00 this morning. I don't fancy starting the day wet through, but I will go to the shops later, then visit a friend who is very sad at the moment.

My thoughts are with Gilly and warm wishes to all coping with illness or are feeling sad. xx

NannyJan53 Mon 11-Nov-19 07:37:54

Good Morning from a dull but dry (so far) Black Country.

Had a lovely weekend away in Southport, went by train so less stress navigating the M6. Joined in the Remembrance service there yesterday, before setting off for home. We owe so much. The photo is my maternal Great Grandfather, who fought in WW1, he came home, but suffered from shell shock.

Off for my yearly Asthma check today, then a bit of food shopping .

So pleased you had a lovely weekend Maw.

Gilly always in my thoughts and really hoping for better news soon.

NfkDumpling Mon 11-Nov-19 07:38:22

Morning All

Wet and ‘Orrible here in Norfolk this morning. So glad we managed to sort the boat out yesterday.

Waiting in today for my birthday present to arrive - a new dishwasher. Can’t wait!

I love those turbans dragonfly, they look as addictive as scarves.

My DGS believed in baby lead weaning Maw he snatched a chip from his mum’s plate and ate it before anyone could stop him. He hasn’t looked back! So pleased you had a good day with the family.

Hopefully things will turn a corner soon for Gilly.

Urmstongran Mon 11-Nov-19 07:47:03

Good morning everyone from Malaga. You’re right Pantglas it’s chilly! That said the palm trees aren’t dancing about today so himself is out for his constitutional. Rather him than me!

I will be strolling along to our regular bar at 2pm as it’s our ladies’ afternoon - for wine, chat and laughter. I ❤️ Mondays!

Thinking as always, not just when I post on here, of the gillybobs - bet we all wondered about them over the weekend. We hope for news but quite understand if there is none.

Glad your own Remembrance Day brought you some joy Maw I’m going to Google ‘baby led weaning’ when I’m finished on here I haven’t an igloo what it means.

You are so kind to your poorly friend Ginny42. I hope your telephone consultation is nothing to worry about. x

Oh, just had a news ‘pop up’ about an emergency situation at Victoria Station in London. That’s worrying.

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Brunette10 Mon 11-Nov-19 07:48:41

Good Morning from a damp Fife and a cold one. Maw so pleased your day turned out well yesterday your DH was very handsome. Off to the shops this morning to return one or two things I found out I already have for Xmas pressies. grinThinking of those who have sad memories today. May hear from gilly today.

aggie Mon 11-Nov-19 07:51:52

Good Morning everyone , it is very cold and stormy , a day for the house I think
Gillybob still in my thoughts xxx

cornergran Mon 11-Nov-19 07:51:53

Morning Mick, morning all from a dry and very windy corner of Somerset. Hail forecast for later, nice. Cooking morning for me, Mr C will undoubtedly sit and cough. That sounds to have been just the right day yesterday, maw. Our Littlest introduced me to baby led weaning, I lived in fear of choking but we all survived. Thinking of gilly and her husband, hope the stream behaves dragonfly and Monday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Mon 11-Nov-19 07:53:23

Good morning from a wet and wild Glasgow. THe heating is on, but I can't get warm.

I have my angina review today and a discussion about all the side effects I'm experiening. Hopefully this is when I will get the all clear to go to New York.
This is also when I'm going to investigate my missing controlled drug prescription. Everyone is blaming each other!!! angry. Thank goodness I have all my marbles about me and can deal with it, but it is quite stressful.

Thinking of Maw today, I'm glad you had a special day with your family.

Keeping the Gillybobs in my thoughts and prayers hoping Gilly has had a better weekend. flowers

Susan56 Mon 11-Nov-19 07:56:51

Good morning from dull, damp Shropshire.
Food shop and a couple of appointments today.
My elder daughter did baby led weaning,I too found it quite stressful.
Thinking of everyone with worries.Hope your consultation goes well ginny?
Thinking as always of gilly?

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 11-Nov-19 08:03:25

Good morning from Fuerteventura, sun is coming out, wind has dropped and it’s t-shirt and shorts temperature. Yesterday was the first time I’ve swum (pool) for ages. Few wi-fi issues but de nada. We’re in a lovely villa we’ve stayed in before at the north end of the island, not far from Corallejo. No plans, I’m going to have a second cup of tea and read my book for now. Hope you day is good to you.

ninathenana Mon 11-Nov-19 08:03:31

Good morning from a very wet Kent.
It's chucking it down and DH is going to the funeral of an old rugby team mate, not a good combination.
I will just potter indoors.
Thoughts are with all those who are troubled or poorly.

Yiayia4 Mon 11-Nov-19 08:07:57

Morning all looks dry at the moment.
A restless night the usual aches and pains so a quiet day for me,may make a fish pie.
Hope Gilly had a better weekend and wishing everyone a good Monday.

Lins1066 Mon 11-Nov-19 08:19:35

Good morning from the S Welsh coast.
It is dry after a very wet night.
Watched the very touching Remembrance Service yesterday. We will observe the two minute silence this morning.
Best wishes to all those with sorrow and pain.
Thinking of gilly.

Auntieflo Mon 11-Nov-19 08:22:35

Good morning Michael, Annie and all. it's dry and bright here, but not sure of the forecast.
Yesterday was also bright and sunny, but cold. We had a beautiful service at Church, in the morning, and the AV went without a hitch. Much to the relief of DH.
After lunch, I did get into the garden for a short while and tackled some of the weeds that have romped away whilst being neglected, and it does look better.
I started a knitting project last night, to keep me from going stir crazy, when I haven't much energy for anything else.
DD and SIL have gone away to find some warm sun, so will miss her chats for a while.
DH is still asleep, I think he had a disturbed night, and when I brought up the morning tea, he mentioned that his back was hurting. He has 12 weekly hormone injections, as part of his prostate treatment, so hope they are not affecting him.
The Gillybobs have been on my mind all weekend, and hope that Gilly has managed to get some rest, poor lass.
Nothing much planned for today, but I may get to drive our car, as I haven't been able to for the past few weeks. Fingers crossed.
To all those with health worries, or problems, best wishes.
Have a good day one and all

harrigran Mon 11-Nov-19 08:27:21

Good morning from an overcast but dry NE.
GD's bedroom not finished so may need to oversee again. Collecting GD from after school activity which will put us in rush hour traffic in the city centre, oh joy.
My world imploded the other day and life will never be the same again. I can not talk about it but feel lighter for having actually written the words.
Thoughts of gilly and her DH, if there is a God would he really let people suffer in this way ?