Gransnet forums

Chat

As we can’t see each other ...

(436 Posts)
Urmstongran Mon 11-Nov-19 09:27:23

Would it be considered rude of me to ask how old we are? I’m surprised for example to read if a poster is a great grandmother or is ‘going out to work now’.

I’m 65y.
?

Harris27 Tue 17-Dec-19 08:46:44

59 60 in January still working and will be till 66. Hopefully!

Urmstongran Tue 17-Dec-19 08:45:46

Oh Marydoll you are a gem for even attempting this task! Who’d have thought this thread would have generated so many replies.

Oops - just realised I’m cluttering up your data box!

You made me laugh with ^may make an absolute fool of myself and either have to change my username or even leave GN^?

Rufus2 Tue 17-Dec-19 08:39:21

I love a challenge
That's comforting to know Marydoll! tchwink You can thank me again, if you like, cos I imagine I've presented you with a few in the past, but as you say, it's all good fun!
Btw; 92½ and still counting!. Just back from the dentist today; she confirmed I've no baby teeth left even though I'm in my 2nd childhood! There was no charge so I can still afford to smile! tchgrin
Sainte, or whatever! wine wine wine
OoRoo

Rufus2 Tue 17-Dec-19 08:11:48

I've done GDPR training, so need to worry
Noway! I don't think any of us are worry-guts! tchgrin

Lisagran Tue 17-Dec-19 08:09:35

It’s a pity GNHQ can’t do a spreadsheet / graph of all members - many, many people never post, but just read the posts. Some people post, but not on this thread. The spreadsheet you are kindly working on Marydoll will only reflect (obviously), those who choose to give their age on this thread.

Marydoll Tue 17-Dec-19 08:06:03

Rufus, I have just noticed your kind offer, thank you.

It's lack of time, too many medical appointments and being under the weather, which is slowing me down, but I will get there! I love a challenge.

Can you please remind me of how young you are and I will put you at the top of the list! smile.

Marydoll Tue 17-Dec-19 07:52:43

Mick, I've done GDPR training, so need to worry.
It's only usernames and ages on the list. By giving their ages on this public forum, posters have given consent. There is no identifiable personal info here, no photos, no real names and no addresses.
If anyone wishes to withdraw, it's just a matter of saying so.

I'm afraid, what started out as a bit of light hearted fun, is becoming a bit too complicated and serious. sad

tiredoldwoman Tue 17-Dec-19 07:35:18

63 but a wee nervous 6 year old inside .

12Michael Tue 17-Dec-19 07:26:35

I am 71 , and there is the Data Protection Act which covers as to further information

Rufus2 Tue 17-Dec-19 07:17:24

I intend to state the eldest

Marydoll: Thank you! Bags I No.1 Why not delegate? I'll be happy to help and collate data and I know all about spreadsheets! tchgrin
Glad your migraine has cleared up!
OoRoo

Grammaretto Tue 17-Dec-19 06:40:38

Only just found this thread!!
You must have bumped it.
I'm 71, 5ft 5ins. Weight varies ....
Size 39 shoes a 6? Ms average.
I'm a proud DG to 7. I am self employed and not retired but please myself.

dragonfly46 Tue 17-Dec-19 01:29:39

Marydoll we will probably all be a year older by the time you do it ?

Gransooz Tue 17-Dec-19 01:02:26

Marydoll I don’t envy you but I’m looking forward to seeing your findings! Really interesting. Hope it’s not giving you any grey hairs. ?

Marydoll Tue 17-Dec-19 00:44:37

Kalu, Initially, it started as a bit of fun, the plan was to collate the ages of Gransnetters, and find the youngest and eldest, that is easy enough to do.

However, although I thrive on a challenge, it's getting bigger by the day, as some posters are taking it very seriously and posting other personal info. It's becoming very cumbersome and time consuming trying to collate the data.
So, as initially suggested, once collated, I intend to state the eldest and youngest members, using the ages posted and probably state how many of each age.
What I have noticed so far, is there seem to be a fair number of WASPIS!!!

Believe it or not, I do know what I'm doing, but, I'm definitely not claiming to be an IT whiz kid, I will leave that to any experts on here! I just like to mess about on computers. (Quite sad, actually) grin.

Kalu Tue 17-Dec-19 00:16:35

Marydoll. Just wondering if you are looking as to making this available, GNHQ might possibly know of a way. Worth a try.

I have no idea what’s involved in what you are doing?

anna7 Mon 16-Dec-19 23:48:40

I'm 63 and 5 foot 7.

Marydoll Mon 16-Dec-19 23:06:48

Elastic, I'm hoping to input the ages on a spreadsheet, which in turn will allow me to make a graph of ages and names.......I hope!!!!

It's years since I taught this to pupils, using an older version of Microsoft Excel into the bargain.
If successful, ( if being the important word), I will think about how o make it available.

It is a very steeeeeeeeep learning curve for me and many other things are getting in the way. Also, I didn't reckon on so many people posting on the thread, I have to read them and extract the info, all sixteen pages of it!!!

I hope you are a patient lot!? I may make an absolute fool of myself and either have to change my username or even leave GN.?

elastic Mon 16-Dec-19 22:50:36

Marydoll is your spreadsheet going to have a special place on Gransnet. Somewhere where everyone will be able to find it easily?

(I am not completely au fait with what a spreadsheet is, to be honest)

TrendyNannie6 Mon 16-Dec-19 22:46:46

I’m 62 but still think I’m 30 till I look in mirror

elastic Mon 16-Dec-19 22:43:28

Monica grin

I am, at 78, 5ft 1". Down from 5ft 5and1/2" in my twenties.

Kalu Mon 16-Dec-19 21:59:50

I too started off at 5ft 7in. An accident which resulted in a broken back chopped off roughly an inch. Recent results show 5ft. 5.1/2ins. Now, when in relaxed stoop mode, I look even shorter?

M0nica Mon 16-Dec-19 21:26:58

I have dropped from 5ft 4 1/2 to 5ft 2. I understand all the loss is in the back, the cartiledge between the vertibrae shrinks. As I always had a relatively small body but long legs, I am rapidly starting to look like some strange troll or goblin from a German Fairy tale.

jacq10 Mon 16-Dec-19 21:00:05

I'm 73 and shrinking!! I used to be the tallest girl in my class and when, as a fully grown adult, applying for passport was 5ft 7in. Recently I suspected I was getting smaller (in height!!) did a role reversal with DGS, who gets his height measured by me on a door post, regularly at his request, and it showed me as 5ft.5in which I accepted. However at recent hospital clinic the nurse came up with 5ft.4in - no way!!!!

Marydoll Mon 16-Dec-19 20:31:16

I just want figures and I don't mean, the slim, chubby kind etc, just ages!!!

My head is birling,? trying to extract ages from all the other facts! Serves me right for opening my big mouth!!! grin.

Be ready for next Christmas!!!

Kalu Mon 16-Dec-19 19:52:31

Not rude at all Urmston?

I am 69 and apart from blooming health issues I am just jogging on content with life Carpe Dieming with gusto.

You’re head must be birling with all these fact and figures Marydoll. ?