Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(52 Posts)
12Michael Wed 13-Nov-19 06:13:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looking dry this morning in Brackley.
Today , I am supposed to be having new smoke alarms fitted , but I will be elsewhere .
A coach day trip to Nailcote Hall Hotel near Coventry , for a Xmas lunch 3 course plus Beatles music played a duo.
Hopefully when I return the smoke alarm will be fitted?
Mick

oldgaijin Wed 13-Nov-19 08:22:21

Good morning from a bright and frosty Aberdeenshire.

Went gallivanting yesterday with a chum to Dunelm and, at last, found lovely lampshades for the ceramic lamp bases that I made ages ago. Now my bedroom is complete.

Today's plans are the usual ramble in the woodies with the mutt, then shall try and draft up a pattern for dog coats as he gets chilly after his clip.

Went to a fascinating talk last night given by a man who has spent most of his life working in the Antarctic and he showed wonderful pictures of wildlife.

Have a good day everyone.

Nannytopsy Wed 13-Nov-19 08:23:35

Morning Harrigran - so glad to see a few positive vibes in there. ?

BlueSapphire Wed 13-Nov-19 08:24:37

Good morning all from a dry and clear Northampton, but feeling extremely chilly. I am sitting here with the hood up on my dressing gown!

Clean the bathrooms this morning, then a health walk after lunch again if it doesn't rain. Just done the Sainsbury's order including ingredients for the Christmas puddings which I hope to make on Saturday.

Best wishes to all with worries.

Your day sounds great Mick, hope it goes well.

Nannylovesshopping Wed 13-Nov-19 08:31:20

Gillybob thinking of you, try and take care of you?

Grammaretto Wed 13-Nov-19 08:37:45

Marydoll you have made me smile .grin
I wish I could get to the Christmas meetup and see you in your leathers with mia farrow hair!
Thanks for the good wishes folks. It's a big worry but not a tragedy.

vena11 Wed 13-Nov-19 08:37:59

Good morning from a beautiful morning in Bristol the sun is shining on the river and the tree with their tints reflecting on it is lovely.
Enjoy your day out Mick.
Marydoll its great to have a change of hairstyle don't fancy the leather trousers though smile a bit hard to get on and off I believe.
Nothing much on today just an afternoon pick from school for the DGC.
I hope all who are feeling anxious with worries have a peaceful day.

Brunette10 Wed 13-Nov-19 08:43:00

A belated Good Morning from a beautiful frosty very cold Fife. I cannot believe DH had to waken me this morning only 10 minutes ago, feel as if Ive been drugged. No I def haven't though, I was just enjoying a lovely sleep. Never felt like this for such very long time. However we are off out later this morning for a brunch at a lovely farm outlet only a few miles away. It's a beautiful place to go to and more so on a picturesque day like today. A lot of people have worries today so you know I'm thinking of you all.flowers Keep your chin up. For those out and about enjoy your day.

Sprout Wed 13-Nov-19 08:44:40

Morning Mick and all. That sounds great Mick have a great time. We'll it's very cold for everyone heating full on this morning. Quiet day bit housework in order. Have a good day everyone and keep warm.

Anniebach Wed 13-Nov-19 08:53:21

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

DoraMarr Wed 13-Nov-19 08:57:14

Good morning from a bright and sunny Birmingham. Arts Society meeting this morning, then I am going shopping with my eldest daughter and her new baby- one week old yesterday. It’s my daughter’s idea- she feels a bit housebound after her op. We will take it easy.
Marydoll so pleased you like your new hair! I do enjoy reading your posts, you are so upbeat despite your health problems. Go for the trousers- some Doc Martins too!

Alygran Wed 13-Nov-19 09:01:19

Good morning from sunny North Yorkshire. It looks like there has been a touch of frost.
Empty diary today so time to tackle the garden and lift the dahlias and do some more tidying up. Hopefully the green bin will get emptied this morning and I can fill it up again.
Marydoll thank you for making me smile. Love your post.
Thinking of all those with troubles.
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Wed 13-Nov-19 09:09:32

That was the best laugh of the day Mary only it triggered my dry eye condition which in fact is the complete opposite and makes my eyes drip, not a pretty sight. ?

Yes NannyJ everything is girded. Hopefully you are right Kitty and this time won’t include an ambulance trip with the little one.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 09:13:30

Good morning everyone from a beautifully sunny Malaga. We had 29°c yesterday and went for a long stroll - we were out just walking along the paseo for 4 hours - with stops for fresh orange, coffee and cola. No wine but I was tempted seeing all the holidaymakers in their shorts enjoying beers and wines in the sun!

I too slept like a log Beechnut so tired in a good way I went to bed early and slept in late - over 10 hours!!

Love your photo Marydoll!

I bought a blue bikini yesterday and I think my diet is working - what do you think?
?

I’ve been reading these posts and remembering some of your ages! It’s nice to have a bit more info. about each other I think.

Best wishes to all with worries and health issues today. I keep hoping to see a post from gillybob with some good news.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Callistemon Wed 13-Nov-19 09:17:31

Good morning Mick and everyone from a sunny South Wales.
Your lunch with music sounds great, enjoy the day.

I'll have to pop into town briefly then to craft this afternoon and I'm wondering what bit of craft to take to mess up this afternoon (too much chat, not enough concentration).

Thinking of the gillybobs and anyone else who is having difficulties at the moment
flowers

EllanVannin Wed 13-Nov-19 09:31:47

Good Morning All x
Damp and dull here on the Mersey coast.

I haven't been on the laptop much because it's really off-putting when it can't remember the site I was last on. I've only had it for 5 months and it's driving me mad. It'll be going back as it's still under guarantee.
I have to continue logging in to every site all the time-----it nearly went in the bin yesterday !!

I'm also worrying about my D in Sydney where the fires are too close for comfort and I have a feeling the family will have to evacuate. Houses near them are all pink with fire-retardant which is dropped from a plane but if it's going to stop a catastrophe then so be it. It's heartbreaking because the area isn't the same, burnt and scorched. D is devastated.

Between both my families, it's not the best of times and I feel utterly helpless.

I've been thinking of the Gillybob's too and hoping there are signs of improvement. xx Another family where Christmas is the last thing on their minds.

Apologies for the misery but that's how things are at the minute.
Hoping everyone else is alright.

Callistemon Wed 13-Nov-19 09:37:03

I hope your family stays safe, EllanVannin it is very worrying.
We were in Queensland not long ago and there were fires around us and further south in NSW. Areas were scorched but some was due to backburning which stops it spreading and the smell of smoke was always in the air.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 09:45:43

EV ? for you. You have so many worries at present. ‘This too will pass’.

dragonfly46 Wed 13-Nov-19 10:00:53

I know how you feel Ellanvannin my daughter's inlaws are also surrounded by the fires. They say the air is constantly orange.

Janiepops Wed 13-Nov-19 11:08:04

Hilarious Marydoll! I love my short hair now, it’s liberating isn’t it!

vena11 Wed 13-Nov-19 11:32:28

Love the photo urmstongrangrin

Jaqui1 Wed 13-Nov-19 11:38:12

Enjoying the posts. It is bright and sunny - but cold - in Hertfordshire .. I had a busy weekend organising my husband's 70th birthday which I began planning way back in January it being that hard to get a date from sons and families and many conversations on the WhatsApp group I set up just trying to pin them down. Ended up finally with a birthday family brunch hosted by one son, an indoor skydiving experience organised by me and a meal ... me ... sweatshirt with all the grandkids names on the back ... and a day out at The Shard, Borough Market and lunch with son. I am done, relieved it's over and just chilling before afternoon walk with dog.

EvieJ Wed 13-Nov-19 12:38:30

Good morning all
I'm very new to this sites it would be nice if someone could reply so i know i'm on line

I live in South London and woke up to beautiful sunshine, little nippy but nothing to worry about

Enjoy your lunch Mick, sounds such lovely day
Evie

blossom14 Wed 13-Nov-19 12:47:22

Yes, you are on Evie. I don't usually post on this thread but pleased to have a bright dry day as roofers are up doing repairs on my flat roof after a bit of a wait

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 12:53:30

Hi there EvieJ
?

Thank venal1
?

Auntieflo Wed 13-Nov-19 13:04:01

Well, not good morning, but good afternoon, to one and all.

I also had a hair cut this morning * Marydoll*, but the elfin look for me was a long time ago. ☺️ and I had to drive the car for the first time for 6 weeks.

Hoping Gillybob is alright during this worrying time, and that no news is good news.

Have a good day one and all.