Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Wed 13-Nov-19 06:13:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looking dry this morning in Brackley.
Today , I am supposed to be having new smoke alarms fitted , but I will be elsewhere .
A coach day trip to Nailcote Hall Hotel near Coventry , for a Xmas lunch 3 course plus Beatles music played a duo.
Hopefully when I return the smoke alarm will be fitted?
Mick

Greyduster Wed 13-Nov-19 06:31:30

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Can’t sleep! Hope you enjoy your trip, Mick! The water company are supposed to be changing our water meter sometime this morning. It’s under the sink so I suppose there’ll be a mess, or a problem or both! Nothing much planned for the rest of the day. Have a good day, folks. Kind thoughts to all those struggling.

cornergran Wed 13-Nov-19 06:38:00

Morning Mick, morning All. Still dark but looks dry. Wide awake, Mr C is coughing. It’s going to be a long day. Top up food shop, must sanitise the kitchen and finish tidying. Somehow my efforts yesterday have made one room look worse, how does that happen? Good luck with the water meter change greyd, enjoy your meal mick, thinking of gilly and her husband as ever. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Ginny42 Wed 13-Nov-19 06:45:24

Good morning Mick. I hope you have a lovely day out. Enjoy the lunch and the music. Sounds like a very nostalgic trip.

It's dark still out there, but it was a lovely moonlit night last night in Cheshire, so there may be some frost about this morning.

Today I'm going to purchase a new washing machine for my housebound friend. If the carers are going to be able to do their job, the old one is too temperamental so she's finally agreed to buy a new one. It's a bit of a responsibility, but there is no one else to do it.

The rest of the day is my own, so it may involve a trip to Cheshire Oaks outlet near Chester. I feel a Christmas shop coming on.

Thinking of Gilly and her DH. Get well wishes to all who are poorly or coping with treatments of one kind or another.

Enjoy your day whatever it may bring.

Beechnut Wed 13-Nov-19 06:52:46

Good Morning everyone..
It’s just getting light. Not sure whether there’s a light frost or heavy dew.
I’m off out soon to take the car for a service then come back to have a homework day. I’ll probably walk down to get the car later.

Enjoy your day out Mick and anyone else who have plans and if you haven’t have a lovely day too. Love to gillybob. ?

NanKate Wed 13-Nov-19 06:54:54

Morning Mick and All.

Clear cold day in South. Bucks. We too had a moonlit night here in the South, slightly spooky ?

We are packing up and heading to West Sussex on GP duties till Saturday. It will be full on !

All good wishes to the. Gillybobs.

Pantglas2 Wed 13-Nov-19 06:57:52

Morning all from a dry but grey Spain and I’d like it to stay that way or improve (unlikely) as I’m off to do a shift at the charity shop after my gym session.

Christmas lunch sounds lovely Mick and I haven’t been to Cheshire Oaks in decades Ginny42 - I bet it’s ginormous now and I wouldn’t know where to begin!

Hope no news is good news with the gillybobs and everyone to come has a lovely day too flowers

Sar53 Wed 13-Nov-19 07:04:09

Good morning everyone from a dry Essex by the sea. I've just had three lovely days with DD2 and 11 year old and almost 2 year old granddaughters. So much fun !! On Monday we went out and started on our Christmas shopping.
I need to do a food shop today the fridge is almost bare. Not much else planned.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Wed 13-Nov-19 07:08:17

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I've been awake for hours too Cornergran and Greyduster.
We've had some rather bad family news just sinking in.
We also had a leaking pipe yesterday but that's just a nuisance and easily fixed.
I hope your alarm gets fitted today in your absence Mick
I may go to crafting to distract myself. It's also blood donor day! Am I too old now?
Thinking of Gilly and all in dire straits.

NannyJan53 Wed 13-Nov-19 07:12:58

Good morning from a very cold Black Country 3 deg in the car just now.

Today I am off shortly to Mums in Wolverhampton, so we can Skype my Niece. She is in New Zealand at the moment and is 13 hours ahead of us.

Gird your loins NanKate smile enjoy your lovely DGS's

Sounds like a good day out Mick you will enjoy it I am sure.

Love to gillybob and her husband.

NannyJan53 Wed 13-Nov-19 07:13:53

Grammaretto big hugs to you

kittylester Wed 13-Nov-19 07:14:40

Morning all from a very chilly North Leicestershire.

A pootling and faffing morning for me and then school run this pm. Actually 'school run' now consists of sitting at their house and waiting for them to appear and having a mild panic if they are late! grin

Enjoy your day Mick - sounds fun.

Enjoy your boys kate.

Love to gillybob as always and (((hugs))) for grammaretto.

ninathenana Wed 13-Nov-19 07:16:12

Morning all from Kent.

The sun is just coming up and there's a lovely red glow on the horizon.
Quiet chilly but dry.
A day of this n that, bit of admin to do.
Your trip sounds good Mick hope you enjoy it.
Thinking of gilly and all those in need for whatever reason.

Marydoll Wed 13-Nov-19 07:26:38

Good morning all from a very frosty Glasgow, it's definitely much colder than yesterday.

Mick, sounds like a pleasant day out in store and and hopefully you will avoid the workmen, an added bonus!.

I'm off out early for an eye appointment. I have to have an eye test every year, as some of my medication can affect my sight.
I'm having problems reading just now because of my Sjogren's, the lenses on my eyes are so dry. Reading is one of my greatest pleasures, so it's annoying me. New glasses won't help, but I may treat myself, anyway.
DIL will do part of my tests, then of course I will get a nice discount. wink.
We have a little routine, I come for the appointment, she has a selection frames ready for me to choose from , whether I need new glasses or not. DH, my chauffeur, is none the wiser! wink.
I would go on my own, (and incorporate a visit to the M&S outlet), but I won't be able to see due to those blasted drops!!?
Oh, the wiles of we women.

The proposed new glasses are to complement my new image! grin.
I went for a quick cut and blow dry yesterday and came back with a completely different hairstyle. grin
I got an early morning call, saying my hairdresser had to go to hospital for a meeting about her poor dad, but a former sylist, was down from Skye, visiting, would I mind if she stepped into the breach. She was my daughter's hairdresser, so I knew she would make a good job of it.
I was so desperate to get my thick mane cut, I would have let the gardener do! grin. You can see how bad it was.
After complaining it was so hard to manage, after having it cut just five weeks ago, ( My sore hands and generally feeling yukky, are making things difficult, ) she suggested cutting it shorter, using a razor. I absolutely LOVE it!
I'm now contemplating leather trousers to complete my new trendy look. Should I ask other grans for their opinion? wink, grin.
Oh what a terrible thought, a vertically challenged, round, old lady in tight leather trousers, the natives would be traumatised!!!

Reading this back, I come across as really shallow. I'm not! It's all tongue in cheek, I promise!!! grin.

Thinking of Harrigran and her troubles, Dragonfly and of course Gilly. flowers.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day, whatever your plans..

Nannytopsy Wed 13-Nov-19 07:27:22

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Lots of trips, Christmas events and granny duties - it all sounds pretty busy in GN world today. We are having extra kitchen cupboards fitted and are at the total mess stage at the moment. I get to meet one of our new GPS today, to renew prescriptions. I hope they are in stock!
Good days to all, thinking of the Gillybobs.

Marydoll Wed 13-Nov-19 07:28:08

For Grammaretto, who always finds time to send good wishes to others. flowers

NfkDumpling Wed 13-Nov-19 07:29:05

Morning All

A lovely still autumn day with a clear sky here in Norfolk - but it started off like that yesterday and then went rapidly downhill.

Friends coming for lunch so I’ll need to clear up a bit or they’ll have nowhere to sit.

I’ve just put an experimental load of dirty dishes saved from last night through my new dishwasher. Now going to see if its done its job.

Love to the Gillybobs and all those who’re suffering for whatever reason. And there seems to be so many reasons at present, it must be the influence of world weather going haywire.

Susan56 Wed 13-Nov-19 07:29:56

Good morning from Stafford where we are staying at our daughters to look after our DGS today.Hoping it stays dry so we can take him to the park for a run around.We are looking after him all day which is the longest time he has been apart from mum and dad as they plan their work hours so one of them always looks after him.
Sending special thoughts to grammaretto,harrigran and anyone else with worries or troubles.Also to cornergran,Mr C,Marydoll,dragonfly,Lins and anyone else unwell.
Thinking of gilly,Sending love and prayers.x

NfkDumpling Wed 13-Nov-19 07:30:22

Love that picture Marydoll!

Mapleleaf Wed 13-Nov-19 07:45:18

Good morning,

It's a grey but dry morning here today, and no rain is forecast, either, which will be welcome news to the flood victims in the surrounding areas.

Your new hairstyle sounds very chic, Marydoll. It's nice to have a change.

Hope you enjoy your outing mick, it sounds very nice. With luck, your alarm will be all done on your return.

Sorry to hear you've received bad news, Grammaretto ?.

I had a lovely meet up yesterday with a friend I haven't seen for some time. It was lovely to see her and catch up with all her news.

Thoughts, as always to gilly and hoping that she soon has good news to share.

Hope today is kind to us all.

Lins1066 Wed 13-Nov-19 07:46:58

Good morning from the S Welsh coast.
It is dry, chilly and some blue sky visible.
You are very good to your friend Ginny, I'm sure she's very grateful.
Enjoy your coach trip Mick.
I love your " tongue in cheek" posts Marydoll.
DH went over our son's yesterday morning at 7.30 to remove sockets and disconnect cables so that the carpenter could start assembling new kitchen units. His electrician was ill, so Dad to the rescue.

Enjoy the day with your grandson Susan.
Hope everyone has the best day they can.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 13-Nov-19 07:51:38

Goodmorning from an overcast Nanyuki (Kenya).

Son has had to go into work today so we along with our DIL are walking into the village where there is a lovely man who carves animals so the GC will all have a little animal from Africa in their stockings this year.

My thoughts are with the gillybobs and all who are struggling.

Yiayia4 Wed 13-Nov-19 07:51:57

Morning all, nice and bright here but cold.
DH has a lung function test today and is feeling very apprehensive! but he gets the results on Friday so not too long to wait.Bit of shopping for me and housework.
Your hair sounds fab Marydoll,love to Gilly and best wishes to you all for a good Wednesday.

harrigran Wed 13-Nov-19 08:15:49

Good morning from a cold and frosty NE.
DH left at 6.30 to take GD to school, I am surprised I did not hear him scraping the windscreen.
I have a day of tidying and sorting and then DH and I will collect GD from school this evening.
Things are improving at chez harri and there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Daily hug for gillybob and a one for Grammaretto.

dragonfly46 Wed 13-Nov-19 08:17:54

Good morning from a dry almost sunny Leicestershire. Blood test this morning so will treat DH to a coffee afterwards.

Always guaranteed an early morning smile from Marydoll’s posts, thank you.

Enjoy your lunch Mick.

Sending hugs to Grammaretto and Harrigan.
Thinking of you Gilly and hoping no news is good news.