Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(90 Posts)
12Michael Sun 17-Nov-19 06:14:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and looks like it has rained overnight here in Brackley .Quiet day for me small shop , have lunch , snooze after , watch TV.
Yesterday , the stall at Buckingham Flea Market , which I get old maps was there, we spoke allot as not seen for quite afew weeks , but I had asked for a certain map and she had not brought it with her, anyway another day , had a take away chines meal only to put weight on this morning.
Mick

Ginny42 Sun 17-Nov-19 10:47:20

So glad I popped back hoping to see a message from you Gillybob. Sending love and strength. You are a fighter and so is he. flowers

dragonfly46 Sun 17-Nov-19 10:50:54

So good to hear from you Gilly. I hope they have good better news for you today. Please keep in touch, we all care so much about you.

Gonegirl Sun 17-Nov-19 10:53:58

Oh Gillybob. I am so hoping that this comes right for you and yours. xxx

Gonegirl Sun 17-Nov-19 10:56:39

Oh, hello Gabriella. WTF did you have to go and ar--e off like that for? Glad you're back.

Marydoll Sun 17-Nov-19 10:58:36

Glad to see Gilly has popped back in. ?

kittylester Sun 17-Nov-19 10:58:41

Thank you for the update, gilly. That all sounds a bit more positive. Sending (((hugs))) and alive as always.

Hi Gabriella!

Kalu Sun 17-Nov-19 11:21:34

Thank you for popping in Gilly

Everything tightly crossed your DH is making what sounds like some progress to recovery. Stay strong and take care of yourself too??????

Thorntrees Sun 17-Nov-19 11:50:52

A long road still ahead gillybob but sounds as if there is a glimmer of light to hold on to. Keep strong, love and prayers as always.x

Yiayia4 Sun 17-Nov-19 11:53:17

So good to hear from you Gillybob fingers and toes crossed sending love and healing thoughts x

Doodle Sun 17-Nov-19 12:00:21

Just popping in to wish you all a good day and to say hello to gillybob. Good to hear some signs of improvement in the infection and a gradual awakening. I hope he gets to be aware of you soon. I am sure after so long under sedation it will take a while for senses to return. Still in my prayers. x

cornergran Sun 17-Nov-19 12:06:01

Thank you for updating us gilly. Stay strong, love and hugs from me.

Lisagran Sun 17-Nov-19 12:11:31

Hope you hear good news from the medical team today Gillybob after their meeting. It really sounds like progress is being made, if they feel on top of the infection. Best wishes to you xx

Bestgranny Sun 17-Nov-19 12:18:24

Good morning everyone from the north east coast of Ireland nice bright sunny day but very cold, it won’t effect me today I don’t plan on going out . Right now I’m cooking dinner for gdc baked ham & steaks for the big people, fussy children they like me to have ham on Sunday while I’m cooking I’m listening to great music on my Bosh soundlink mini, what would we do without music. Prayers for Gillys sick DH

Candelle Sun 17-Nov-19 12:20:47

Hello

I only post occasionally and not on this thread as I am a night-bod but I am very impressed at the waking time of many of you!

I would like to say two things: firstly that this thread, mundane as it is in many ways, is absolutely lovely. I am often touched by the way posters really care about one another. In its tiny way it shows man/womankind at its best.

Secondly, I have been thinking and worrying about Gillybob and send best wishes for her husband's speedy recovery. Gillybob has gone through a dreadful time: I hope she is looking after herself as best she can. It is easy to forget oneself when all effort is directed to another.

I wish you both well.

Bestgranny Sun 17-Nov-19 12:20:48

Have I done something wrong, my posts are coming up in pink . Say nothing til you hear more .

NanKate Sun 17-Nov-19 12:22:03

I thought of you Mary when I was in the 40s cafe. You could easily get some slinky faux fur stole in there to go with you leather trousers, kinky boots and sparkly socks. Zandra Rhodes better watch out now, especially as you have your new razor cut hairstyle. ??

Urmstongran Sun 17-Nov-19 12:24:21

Bestgranny everyone’s own posts show up in pink on a thread.

I just wish on threads that the OP’s threads would show up in a colour too - especially if it’s an involved discussion. I think it would be really helpful.

GNHQ??

mary51 Sun 17-Nov-19 12:27:31

Just popping in as I read this everyday and find it a very friendly thread and I feel as if I know some of the posters. It is like a friendly staff room!

So good to hear from Gillybob as I find myself thinking of her most days . Also so good to see Gabriella back as I missed reading her and was sorry she left. Best wishes to all.

Marydoll Sun 17-Nov-19 12:29:19

Kate, I only got it cut on Tuesday and it's growing so fast!!!
I would love to have a rummage in a shop like that.

Bestgranny, is this your first time on the thread, if so, a warm welcome!

Bestgranny, your own posts will be highlighted in pink, so that you can find them! The origonal post, (OP), will be highlighted in green! smile You haven't done anything wrong!
Looking forward to seeing you post again.

janzicb1 Sun 17-Nov-19 12:29:29

As a newly joined gma I am very moved by the support you have been given it seems for a long time. It ya very heart warming to read the notes and best wishes for you and your husband. I wish to add my best wishes and hugs as you are obviously in s long lonely journey and you are trying to be so brave in s terrible situation. I too hope that today your darling will be a little more like himself and soon recognise your dear face when he feels calmer. Many best wishes for a positive result soon. I hope finally that they are right in knowing the cause of his terrible illness. J from derbyshire( not flooded bit!)

Marydoll Sun 17-Nov-19 12:30:49

janzicb1 , another warm welcome!
I'm late for the party!!!!!

Urmstongran Sun 17-Nov-19 12:32:59

Lots of newbies on here today!
?

And updates from gillybob and Gabriella too. Lovely.

Bestgranny Sun 17-Nov-19 12:33:56

Thank you Armston . Keep an eye on me I’m sure I’ll need help as time goes on .

ginny Sun 17-Nov-19 12:36:28

Gillybob, , hopefully a first tiny step in the right direction. ??

Urmstongran Sun 17-Nov-19 12:39:59

BestGranny ?