Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(90 Posts)
12Michael Sun 17-Nov-19 06:14:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and looks like it has rained overnight here in Brackley .Quiet day for me small shop , have lunch , snooze after , watch TV.
Yesterday , the stall at Buckingham Flea Market , which I get old maps was there, we spoke allot as not seen for quite afew weeks , but I had asked for a certain map and she had not brought it with her, anyway another day , had a take away chines meal only to put weight on this morning.
Mick

Amagran Sun 17-Nov-19 09:05:55

It is great to hear from you, GabriellaG54. Welcome back. I hope that you are refreshed and will once more be bringing a breath of fresh air to the various threads again.

Auntieflo Sun 17-Nov-19 09:12:30

Morning Michael, Annie, and all.
I actually got up fairly early, for me, and made some tea. Then took it back to bed and read, so now I am running late.
We are off to Church soon, and picking up an autistic chap, who has been coming with us for a few years now. He loves the sat nav display in the car, but otherwise any map will do.
Nothing planned for later, except, clearing the airing cupboard, for when the boiler is serviced tomorrow morning.
That means another early start.?
Thinking of Gilly, and wondering how things are with them.
Have a good day one and all.

Urmstongran Sun 17-Nov-19 09:14:40

Good morning everyone from a calm, sunny and peaceful Malaga. It’s so much quieter out here at this time of year.

Himself has just gone out for his walk. No breakfast for us - we aren’t hungry yet after last night’s curry!

No real plans. The Mexican Grand Prix will keep himself amused later today. The WiFi seems a bit rubbish this morning so I’ll post this now in the hope it zooms off.

Thinking of gillybob as ever.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Pantglas2 Sun 17-Nov-19 09:19:18

Morning everyone from a dry but clouding over Spain!

I need it to stay dry as we’re off to a neighbouring town this afternoon for the food festival - lots of samples to try before I buy and it’s a shame for the stall holders if the weather stops customers coming to buy their produce.

Good to see GabriellaG54 back to the fray- didn’t always see eye to eye but always made interesting reading!

Hope we get good news from gillybob and everyone else with worries- a peaceful Sunday to you all x

dragonfly46 Sun 17-Nov-19 09:24:18

Good morning, looks like it has rained in our part of Leicestershire. Going out for lunch today!

Welcome back Gabriella pleased to see you back - don’t let the keyboard warriors get to you!

Sorry to hear you are not so good Mary. I hope you have a better day today.

Sending love and best wishes to * Gilly*.

Urmstongran Sun 17-Nov-19 09:28:19

Just read all the posts and I’m happy to see Gabriella is back! What an unexpectedly nice surprise.

You cut to the chase Gabriella and don’t mince your words which I suppose makes you Marmite.
?

eazybee Sun 17-Nov-19 09:32:29

Good to read your post, Gabriella; I still think of your super-expensive scarf, and your muslin curtains tied back with 'pale plum coloured ribbons'.

gillybob Sun 17-Nov-19 09:58:53

Good morning from the NE coast where we have had torrential rain.

I hope you don’t mind me sharing this morning .

The doctors are telling me that they feel that they may finally have the infections under control (heard that several times before mind you) so they decided to “take a leap in the dark” (their words not mine) on Friday and slowly took down the sedation allowing DH to wake up.

The first thing he became aware of was the tube in his neck and the various other tubes and wires in his neck, nose and arms which is apparently very common and there is a high risk that they might try and pull them out. I was trying to let him touch them by guiding his hands whilst reassuring him that they were there to make him better. I am not sure he understand a word I was saying as he kind of just stared into the distance unable to make any eye contact or recognition.

After a time he seemed to fall back into a deep sleep which is also normal . They added a smaller amount of sedation to keep him calm overnight and the whole procedure was repeated yesterday with sedation being removed and just gently encouraging him to wake up. Not quite so calmly yesterday I might add, infact quite the opposite as he was raging with anger. The Tracheotomy tube is fitted with a speech valve but he is (as yet) not strong enough to speak, just making some low groaning noises .

It is clear that he does not know me (again I am assured fairly common after such a long time) and he is very upset and angry in equal measures . They are messing around with the drugs to try and keep him calm but not too sedated .

No sign of the man I loved in there yet, just a very scared angry person who has lost so much weight he is barely recognisable. I have been advised not to come in until after 11 today as they are doing an assessment at 10 .

I am very frightened that I may have lost him forever although I am told that these early days are very difficult and they are hopeful of improvement as the days go by.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart, to everyone who continues to hold us in their thoughts and prayers, it means so much to me . I have mentioned many times on GN that I don’t have any real life friends to share my thoughts with so all my virtual friends on Gransnet mean so much to me.

Also thinking of those with their own worries, problems and poorlyness and wishing you all some much needed sunshine

Love Gillybob x

Urmstongran Sun 17-Nov-19 10:07:35

I do hope when you go to the hospital in a bit gillybob that the medical team’s assessment gives a good prognosis.

Thank you for posting. We are all worrying with you.
x

Alima Sun 17-Nov-19 10:08:04

I do so hope that at last there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thinking, though not posting till now, of you and your DH and keeping everything crossed that the assessment goes well.

Kalu Sun 17-Nov-19 10:11:04

Good morning all from a chilly but sunny Glasgow

Decorators are having a day off today so I am enjoying a lazy morning....bliss

Enjoy your day with your GD Marydoll 4 years old is such a lovely age. Something I miss now both our GDs are older and not quite so innocent ?

Welcome back Gabriella ?

I do hope some progress has come you way Gilly ?

GabriellaG54 Sun 17-Nov-19 10:12:33

gillybob
❤️?? from me to you and yours always.
Take care ?

Callistemon Sun 17-Nov-19 10:13:12

Dear Gillybob your post is so moving, so filled with love for your DH. I hope that he is taking small steps on the way to recovery and the medical staff must be hopeful that this is the case. My thoughts are with you
flowers

Beechnut Sun 17-Nov-19 10:14:02

I’m so pleased to see you this morning and read your news gilly. ?

GabriellaG54 Sun 17-Nov-19 10:14:41

Sincere thanks to all for your warm welcome(s)
Fireworks to follow...???

vena11 Sun 17-Nov-19 10:17:57

flowersflowersgillybob

Callistemon Sun 17-Nov-19 10:18:04

Good morning Mick and everyone

It's damp and grey here and there are piles of leaves to be swept up, but we, too, have a birthday party to look forward to later which should cheer us up
party

conor Sun 17-Nov-19 10:19:23

Tiny glimmer ofsunshine Gillybobs! Keep strong and we are now all behind you xxx

Lins1066 Sun 17-Nov-19 10:19:54

Good Morning from the S Welsh coast. It is dry at the moment.
Happy birthday to you GD Susan.
Enjoy your family get together Marydoll and let everyone else do the running around today.
Welcome back GabriellaG54.
Good to hear from you gilly, you are in my thoughts, hope you have some positive news this morning.

eazybee Sun 17-Nov-19 10:20:02

Gillybob, so good to hear there has been some development in your husband's situation. His medical team will not give up, and neither will you.

Grammaretto Sun 17-Nov-19 10:20:23

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Bright and sunny but freezing.
My first post vanished into the ether but now I have read yours Gilly and am quietly hopeful. Strong healing vibes coming his way.
We have our own family worries but they are not life and death.
I'm hoping to see our DGC on their way north and I have a friend coming over later to stave off Sunday afternoon loneliness.

Nannytopsy Sun 17-Nov-19 10:22:10

Thank you for your update Gillybob and hopes and prayers that the improvements continue.
Bright and partially sunny in Suffolk today. No builders this weekend so two lie ins! We shall do some unpacking of kitchen stuff now we have room for more than the basics. Hope to get good news from Planning this week which will let us start the dining room. ?

merlotgran Sun 17-Nov-19 10:29:57

Thinking of you, gilly.

EllanVannin Sun 17-Nov-19 10:34:58

Good Morning All x

Very still and calm so far with a bit of brightness showing now and again. I've been up a while and had breakfast but still in dressing gown yet until I get cracking-----for what, I don't know yet smile

I must say that it's good to see Gabriella54 back again as nobody likes to see anyone leave least of all on a sour note. She gives me the urge to do what I should be doing but because the spirit to do is there, the flesh isn't at times. sad

It's going to be a long journey for Gillybob but just take a day at a time. You're always in our thoughts and willing improvement for your man on a daily basis xx. Hope you're looking after yourself too.

A couple of M&S thick lamb chops today with roast pots cauli and mushy peas ( I'll screw me hat on ) and maybe a quick orange sponge pud in the oven at the same time.

Hope everyone has a peaceful and germ-free Sunday.

Urmstongran Sun 17-Nov-19 10:41:56

Oh EV your dinner sounds delicious. I think you torment me on purpose! Lamb in Spain isn’t as nice as at home.
?