Gransnet forums

Chat

Apologies

(77 Posts)
hillwalker70 Tue 19-Nov-19 06:33:11

I apologise unreservedly for my posts yesterday, particularly to Maggie tulliver whose thread I fear I hi jacked. My question was genuine but I realise we are all shaped by life experiences and so all different. I understood this was a Forum of adults discussing adult issues and failed to understand my description of sex would upset, that was not my intention.

BlueBelle Tue 19-Nov-19 06:52:01

Totally accepted by me, you didn’t upset me but some posters were concerned and I guess it was a bit fruity but it’s always good to apologise to those that it did effect
Hope you keep posting hillwalker

NanKate Tue 19-Nov-19 06:52:52

A genuine apology Hillwalker ?. I often say things and then wish I had kept my big trap closed.

Sara65 Tue 19-Nov-19 06:55:53

Just your opinion hillwalker, and you’re entitled to voice it, the same as anyone else.

kittylester Tue 19-Nov-19 06:59:44

Apology accepted hillwalker. I wasnt offended but sad that your experiences seem to have given you a such a jaded view. thanks

dragonfly46 Tue 19-Nov-19 07:00:28

I sense deja vu!

janeainsworth Tue 19-Nov-19 08:58:38

For future reference Hillwalker GN will delete anything a poster regrets having posted.

kircubbin2000 Tue 19-Nov-19 09:05:42

What did you post?

grannyactivist Tue 19-Nov-19 09:33:18

Apology accepted on my part hillwalker70 - and very nicely done too.
(Unclutches pearls and walks away smiling.)smile

Gonegirl Tue 19-Nov-19 09:35:43

It was fine by me anyway. Blowed if I'd apologise. (Although of course it is very nice of you to do so)

Callistemon Tue 19-Nov-19 09:38:46

I have come across far worse, hillwalker in my working life, but I think it was that it suddenly appeared in the context of a helpful thread on companionship/relationship that was so startling.

Yes, you can ask to have it deleted by GNHQ by reporting your own post.

annsixty Tue 19-Nov-19 09:39:36

Well I did say that I thought the post was unpleasant and unnecessary but I accept your apology.
It is gracious of you to do it and let it be water under the bridge now.

Alexa Tue 19-Nov-19 09:48:23

I did not read the post Hillwalker referred to. I have found Gransnet mods object to performative speech errors.
I had one of mine obliterated when I was objective about a medication issue. The objection was roughly that my post was cruel to the poster I responded to.

In other words, you may be correct in what you say but there are occasions when nevertheless it's better not to perform the saying of it.

This is a good point to remember when a really important issue is under discussion; for instance some social problems such as slavery or child sexual abuse should not be watered down by liberal performances however true they may be.

The fact is many of the people here are not worldly wise and are more easily shocked than are participators on a more intellectual forum

annsixty Tue 19-Nov-19 09:52:26

Alexa I really hate being controversial but I find your last paragraph very patronising and also untrue.

Callistemon Tue 19-Nov-19 09:56:35

Alexa imo your post is more shocking than hillwalker's was!

As well as extremely rude.

I hope you do not mind if I do not 'water down' my post.

luluaugust Tue 19-Nov-19 09:56:46

Where can I find an intellectual forum confused

suziewoozie Tue 19-Nov-19 09:57:15

Bloody hell Alexa

suziewoozie Tue 19-Nov-19 09:58:02

Exactly lulu what’s an intellectual forum?

MawB Tue 19-Nov-19 10:01:57

The fact is many of the people here are not worldly wise and are more easily shocked than are participators on a more intellectual forum

Alexa That is hilarious! Not to say incredibly rude!!!
Are you sayin we is fick?

Lisagran Tue 19-Nov-19 10:08:20

Hillwalker70 - I read your post and, as someone here said, wasn’t so much shocked by its content, but by the placement of it in that rather gentle thread. I think it’s good of you to apologise. I do hope that the content of your post didn’t reflect your experiences too closely and that you have had some better times.
Alexa - words fail me! Perhaps another apology is due?

annsixty Tue 19-Nov-19 10:09:27

I had kept my post very mild, not how I felt,
Thank you all for being blunt and expressing my own thoughts.

Greeneyedgirl Tue 19-Nov-19 10:15:11

I am impressed that you have thought things through hillwalker and apologised which is not such an easy thing to do.

I wasn't upset by the post but thought it inappropriate for the OP.

I'm off now to find more forums suited to my intellect grin

Callistemon Tue 19-Nov-19 10:16:30

Intellectualism does not always equate with worldliness.

Oldwoman70 Tue 19-Nov-19 10:20:12

I assume Alexa hasn't met every member of GN so how can he/she ascertain their intellectual level? I am aware GN membership includes those from all walks of life, and is richer for it.

Perhaps Alexa would care to elucidate on just what she considers an intellectual forum is, perhaps including details of his/her own intellectual prowess.

henetha Tue 19-Nov-19 10:26:18

It's hard to apologise, so well done.. I can't help feeling that you have experienced something very unpleasant in your life.