Gransnet forums

Chat

Feeling stressed

(4 Posts)
Susieq62 Tue 19-Nov-19 13:58:21

I have nothing to be really worried about as my life is pretty good. I am debt free, happily retired with good health. I have friends, a lovely daughter and a partner who is also retired.
However, in the past 6 years I have had to deal with my partner’s depression ( he is still on medication), the death of my father followed 18 months later by the death of my mother. Then my daughter’s partner of 13 years left her for another woman so I helped her keep her home and paid him off. Recently, an adoption went wrong so all in all a lot of stress. As Christmas gets nearer, I begin to want to go to bed and hibernate. My partner has 3 sons, all in long term steady relationships and they never ask us what we are doing for Christmas. They never ask us to go out with them either. I just feel I do all the giving and get little in return.
I suppose I am feeling a bit sorry for myself suffering with a cold, tinnitus and dry eye. The joys of being 69!
Thanks for reading and a bit of gentle advice might be needed☹️

Doodle Tue 19-Nov-19 14:03:40

Could well be the time of year. The darkness brings lots of people down. Tinnitus doesn’t help either. Wrap up warm and look after yourself until the cold lifts and maybe your spirits will lift too.?

vena11 Tue 19-Nov-19 14:09:33

So Sorry to hear you are stressed and unwell as doodle says its the start of the winter and dark nights do tend to make us feel gloomy. hopefully you will feel better soon.

Greenfinch Tue 19-Nov-19 14:46:34

Dealing with your partner's depression must be very stressful.Six years is a long time and it must be difficult because depressed people can be unpredictable.Forget Christmas and concentrate on today. Be kind to yourself.