Gransnet forums

Chat

Early morning thoughts........A lighthearted thread!!

(69 Posts)
DanniRae Sun 24-Nov-19 09:15:26

After thinking about what I have planned for the day I then think about what to wear, what to have for dinner and does my hair need washing (I hate washing my hair!!)
I'm interested to know what are other Gransnetters first thoughts?

tanith Sun 24-Nov-19 10:53:07

First to the bathroom for a wee, check outside YUK! Dank and dismal put my pjs on (sleep without) downstairs to make a cuppa open the blinds back to bed with cuppa and peruse my iPad for an hour.

Moocow Sun 24-Nov-19 10:53:23

I sympathise Dannirae as my plans revolve around do i need to wash my hair for today's plans too. So my first thoughts are weather and what i have to do today.

threexnanny Sun 24-Nov-19 11:02:34

Normally it's what time is it? What's the weather like? Is it my turn to make the tea?
Today is OH's birthday so it was all the above but with the certainty it will be my turn to make the tea!
Remembering the times when I would be opening the bedroom door for the children to come in and jump on him with cards, gifts and cats.
They will all be round for afternoon tea and no doubt the GC will do the jumping on him!

Gonegirl Sun 24-Nov-19 11:03:46

Hope they are doing well Millie22. Congrats.

TrendyNannie6 Sun 24-Nov-19 11:05:57

Get up feed my pets check weather. Have breakfast shower dress

4allweknow Sun 24-Nov-19 11:27:14

Will DH cook the breakfast properly. He has a tendency to do things a bit too speedily. Then must get going to finish off the new lined curtains I bought, shortening them and only the linings to sort out now. Then organise dinner and then mind feels saturated- it's Sunday- enough thinking done!

sarahellenwhitney Sun 24-Nov-19 11:39:52

First thoughts are 'go to the toilet'. Any thing else can wait.

Juliet27 Sun 24-Nov-19 11:41:29

I woke to thoughts of ....I wonder if my son will FaceTime me from Australia so I can see my 20 month old grandson before he goes to bed. Or it could be my daughter in Sydney to tell me more about the smoke from the awful fires. But then I went downstairs to get the much needed cup of tea.

Millie22 Sun 24-Nov-19 11:54:17

Thank you Gonegirl

Jillybird Sun 24-Nov-19 12:03:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bamm Sun 24-Nov-19 12:04:38

I got up at 7am and went for an early morning appointment with a physiotherapist contacted through Benenden which I heard about on Gransnet and subsequently joined. Thank you Grans for telling me about Benenden, it is excellent.

Bamm Sun 24-Nov-19 12:28:54

I love washing my hair but keep the process as simple as possible....one length bob, wash, condition, mousse, head upside down to blow dry for volume ( fine hair ) brush and it's done. Always makes me feel good first thing.

Kartush Sun 24-Nov-19 12:45:27

I don’t think until after I have my coffee and toast, anything before that is totally autopilot ........ actually if I am honest there is not a lot of thinking going on before noon

tavimama Sun 24-Nov-19 12:49:24

Got up late because I had a wonderful bath last night and slept like a top - most unusual for me. Checked the BBC weather and sorted washing as it said 'light cloud and a gentle breeze'. More fool me - now raining steadily so a house like the proverbial laundry! RA is flaring so my shoulders and hands are screaming. Daughters are cooking lunch, allowing me to be a lady of leisure for the rest of the afternoon.

Craftycat Sun 24-Nov-19 12:53:28

Weekdays I turn on radio 4 news. Weekends I read until DH begins to stir. I have 2 cups of tea from machine by bed before I can face the day.
DGC staying this Weekend so I just enjoyed the peace until they surfaced!!

DoraMarr Sun 24-Nov-19 12:55:31

When I was working I used to think “five more minutes”, then that turned into five more, and before I knew it I was running late. Now I am retired I wake between 6.30 and 7 and get up straight away- I seem to have lost the ability to have a lie-in! I make a cup of tea and drink it looking out of the window in my living room, then I plan what to wear depending on what I am doing. I always have a shower and wash my hair in the morning, and can’t get started on my day until I’ve done that, although it is always delayed because I spend too much time on my iPad reading news articles.

EllanVannin Sun 24-Nov-19 13:18:22

Wee first, wash hands then let the cats out while I put the kettle on for that much longed for first cup of strong tea. Sit and muse over all the things that need doing and what to do first. I alternate between shower and wash but if I sit for too long, it's a wash ! I'm always more encouraged to shower if I have an " expensive " shower gel. I go on Ebay to replenish !

lemongrove Sun 24-Nov-19 13:27:16

I don’t really entertain thoughts on first waking, as I get out of bed immediately my eyes open ( unless ill.)
I patter over to the window to see what the weather is doing, then head for the kitchen to put the kettle on.
Mr L is always up and about earlier than me ( even though I rarely am still in bed past 7.30) and is usually sitting in the warm conservatory doing a crossword, listening to the radio and watching the birds on the feeders.
I make tea for us both and we sit and chat, after a while we decide what we want for breakfast.....then I start thinking about the day ahead, what’s already been planned and what I would like to do etc.
A quick shower ( only shampoo every three days) do excercises for ten mins and then get dressed and am ready for the day.

GandT Sun 24-Nov-19 13:52:23

I agree with you about the hair washing. Mainly because mined takes so long to get dry. No wash and go for me!

QuaintIrene Sun 24-Nov-19 14:05:32

I have never in my entire life leapt out of bed full of the joys. I can always have another ten minutes. Then another ten to gather my thoughts. My husband was up like a lark. Did irk me a bit, I can’t get my act together so soon.

FlexibleFriend Sun 24-Nov-19 14:40:36

I wonder how badly my knees will hurt when I stand up to head for the loo. It varies greatly from day to day, they always hurt but sometimes I'm unable to stand it, which is no fun when you need a wee. Struggle to the loo then take the dogs downstairs for their morning wee, at least I don't have to go outside.

HillyN Sun 24-Nov-19 15:03:52

If I wake before my DH, my first thought would always be 'What day is it, do I have to get up yet?'
If he wakes first, my first thought is 'Why does he have to have the bedroom TV on so loud?' confused

GardenerGran Sun 24-Nov-19 15:22:15

Like SueDonim I’d had my granddaughter overnight so was grateful it was 7.45 so not too early as had not had much sleep before 4a.m. Thought about the sleep I could catch up on tonight! No fault of hers really, she only woke the once for about an hour, I just found it really difficult to sleep even with the video monitor. Love having her to stay though, such a happy baby (in the daytime anyway!)

rocketstop Sun 24-Nov-19 15:36:27

All my worries and anxiety are the first things I think of as spoon as I wake up.It's not nice.

rocketstop Sun 24-Nov-19 15:36:47

soon not spoon !