Gransnet forums

Chat

Break a wish (light-hearted)

(109 Posts)
Wheniwasyourage Sun 24-Nov-19 15:18:15

This is a direct lift from Mumsnet. I'm not putting it on a Games thread, as I know that there are a lot of us who don't look at games, but I found it funny and cheering, and I think we all need something like that just now!

You have to make a wish, and the next poster grants your wish, but in a way which ruins it. S/he then posts another wish. For example:

I wish I could speak another language fluently.

Poof! Your wish is granted. You can speak another language fluently, but it's Klingon.

I wish I could go on a mountaineering holiday.

Poof! Your holiday is booked. In East Anglia.

I wish I had long, blonde hair.

Poof! Your hair is long and blonde. And growing on your feet.

I wish my garden was tidier.

Oldwoman70 Thu 19-Dec-19 09:03:32

Poof Christmas decorations are up but you have run out of power points to plug things in

I wish I had enough will power to lose weight

DanniRae Thu 19-Dec-19 09:53:36

Poof! Sadly the only thing you lose is your purse!!

I wish I could get out of chairs more easily.......

ninathenana Thu 19-Dec-19 15:24:24

Poof ! you have an ejector seat.

I wish I had a chef

Wheniwasyourage Thu 19-Dec-19 16:39:29

Poof! You have a chef, and he makes a lovely pasta dish followed by a delightful apple crumble. For every meal, every day.

I wish I could dig up some of the wild grass in my garden and make flower beds instead.

BradfordLass72 Fri 20-Dec-19 06:21:20

I wish I could dig up some of the wild grass in my garden and make flower beds instead

Poof! You are completely capable of digging it all up but by the time you get to the last bit, the first has grown back and smothered the flowers you planted.

(In NZ it's called kikuyu grass and it's a pain in the asters)

I wish Santa was real....

DanniRae Fri 20-Dec-19 08:14:27

Poof! He is REAL but you are on his naughty list and only get a lump of coal for your present!!

I WISH it would bl**dy stop raining - it's been pouring down for hours tchsad

ninathenana Fri 20-Dec-19 09:22:18

Poof ! It's stopped raining but it's now ⛄⛄❄❄

I wish I could move to another area

DanniRae Fri 20-Dec-19 13:52:12

Poof! you can move to another area but the crime rate is sky high and the pollution is terrible!

I wish my back wasn't aching......