Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Mon 25-Nov-19 06:13:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet outside here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterdays coach trip to Gloucester , went well the xmas market was busy and crowded, I did a walk around the city including the cathedral to get some xmas cards , which were cheaper than the similar pictured ones on the xmas market.
Today, may pop into Banbury for a gift card ,and then get back to normal ready for the week ahead .
Mick

Bestgranny Mon 25-Nov-19 14:44:46

Good afternoon from a damp but not as cold N.E.ireland
Having a lazy day today, just have the 2 dgc from school a 5 year old & 9 Year old & the school is right beside our house we have them on Monday, Wednesday & Friday they keep us on our toes . The reason I’m taking it easy , I had a busy day yesterday Christmas dinner with all the trimmings for ds dil & the 2 children, as I won’t be here for Christmas, the dinner was really delicious i stuffed the turkey with stuffing I made myself, you can’t beat homemade. So now that I have taken care of that , hopefully I can get on with getting ready for our trip to Los Angeles & to see our dd & see the ☀️

glammagran Mon 25-Nov-19 14:33:49

Had a lovely meal out in Winchester (1.5 hours to get there) courtesy of youngest daughter and partner for DH’s 70th this week. DGD who LOVES her food came too. At 14 months she’s just started walking and took every opportunity to try out her new skill.
Wishing everyone a good Monday despite yet he dismal weather and very best wishes to Gillybob and Marydoll planning her NY trip. And to everyone else feeling below par.

Pantglas2 Mon 25-Nov-19 12:42:06

I also wondered about the ‘Los Boliches knickers’..... whatever next Urmstongran, Benalmadena bras? Tee hee!

EllanVannin Mon 25-Nov-19 11:10:30

Good Morning All x
An 'orrible wet day so I won't be going far.

Later again this morning as it was a " shower morning " which I get on with before switching on. Then another programme on BBC1 that I don't like missing. A crime one with Sasha and Jeremy, the brilliant barristers who discuss MOJ's or not----my cup of tea.

A bit of dusting and tidying to do and a bill to pay by phone, then a revised shopping list for Asda some time this week-----it'll be a lengthy one as I haven't done a big shop for 3 or is it nearly 4 weeks but stuff is running out now.

It's good to hear that Mr Gillybob appears to be getting under control with his breathing as it's a good sign. Let it continue. Look after yourself Gillybob as you don't want to be ill too. xx I know things are difficult for you but you're the most important right now.

When my D went to New York 2 years ago she had to buy a holdall for all the pressies she'd brought back, then it cost her extra as well. She has a friend who lives outside Albany and was treated to a few nights at the Hilton opposite Central Park. ( nice to be wealthy ! ) Enjoy the city Marydoll.

Hope everyone's okay and to those shopping, don't spend too much ! smile

DoraMarr Mon 25-Nov-19 10:41:59

Good very late morning from a horribly rainy Birmingham. urmstongran I was about to google “los boliches”, thinking they must be a very exclusive lingerie company....
Rain has stopped our proposed visit to an NT property, so I am going to my daughter’s for lunch, and my other daughter will come too, so I will have a chance to hold the new baby and play with the two older grandchildren. Then a trip to John Lewis for curtain track, and probably a bit of a shop too.
Marydoll ( used to love that programme) I think your posts are very funny, not moany at all! This is, anyway, a good forum for getting things off our chests, and is supportive when we feel we cannot bother our other friends and family.
Have as good a day as you can, everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 25-Nov-19 10:10:23

Marydoll ??

Nannytopsy Mon 25-Nov-19 10:00:32

A very late start today - sorry! We both got disturbed in the night.
My parents had unusual surnames and after only one or two generations are back to Smiths ( mum) and Jones (Dad).
I want to paint some woodwork today. Maybe!

Marydoll Mon 25-Nov-19 09:56:14

Urmonstongran, I thought you meant you had bought your pants at the market at Los Boliches! ?

Susan56 Mon 25-Nov-19 09:53:50

Gilly?

Grammaretto Mon 25-Nov-19 09:41:42

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. That sunrise is worth several photos EllaKeat It saved me posting one of ours!
An early visit from next door's surveyors complete with a drone to take pictures of the rooves. Whatever next!
We have a lot of plants growing up the side of their property which he kept calling vegetation. I foresee a busy week ahead.
Tidying & cleaning and washing bedlinen ready for influx of family at the weekend. Like you with packing Marydoll I don't want to be all last minute.

I really hope DH rallies this week big time Gilly. I can't think that 17 different drugs being pumped in is ideal, but I'm no medic.
Love and prayers to you!!

Urmstongran Mon 25-Nov-19 09:30:37

‘Los Boliches’ knickers? Ye gods.
I meant ‘of’
?

Urmstongran Mon 25-Nov-19 09:29:15

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga. Well of course it would be as yesterday afternoon I put most of my summer clothes away and hung up some warmer clothes. Typical!

I tried to post earlier but the WiFi was pants so I tidied up my underwear drawer. 19 pairs Los Boliches knickers out here no wonder the drawer ends up looking like a jumble sale! Does anyone even have those anymore?

Anyway took a tip from a thread on here once and folded all my knickers and put them in a shoe box inside the drawer. SO tidy now!

Monday = my meet-up with my ladies + wine. My favourite day of the week ha!
?

There will be 4 of us today and a nice catch up as one of the ladies has been in Littleborough in Lancs to attend her granddaughter’s wedding.

Hang on in there gillybob and it’s time now for some TLC for yourself.

Marydoll packing for changeable weather must be a nightmare of its own! Layers, girl, will be your friend.

CurlyWurly how kind are you? New parents can never get enough sleep!

Hope Monday will be good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

conor Mon 25-Nov-19 09:25:48

Hang on in there Gillybobs! That elusivesunshineis just around the corner and may pop in and out behind the clouds before it shines brightly! Xxxx

lavenderzen Mon 25-Nov-19 09:24:05

Good morning from the dark and dismal Derbyshire Hills.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Parsley3 Mon 25-Nov-19 09:19:56

Good morning, Gnetters, from a dreich Central Scotland.
I have a spin class, yoga and child minding planned for today but at the moment I just want to sit here on the couch with my cup of tea. Must do better.

Anniebach Mon 25-Nov-19 09:05:47

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Nothing else to say except thinking of you all x

Auntieflo Mon 25-Nov-19 09:04:28

Good morning Michael, Annie and all to come.
It's damp underfoot and looks as though there may have been quite a bit of rain overnight.
The town Winter Carnival was good yesterday, and luckily the rain held off, so I hope all the charities did well. It's a lot of hard work.
I am missing my lovely neghbour, who came in and cleaned for us when I was not so well. She has said she will help out again if we need her.
Off to the dentist this afternoon, so hope he doesn't find too much to do.
Other than that, nothing planned. Oh, I may try out the Air Fryer we bought yesterday afternoon.
Love, thoughts and prayers to the Gillybobs, and hoping that his improvement continues.
Also to Grannyactivist who has been unwell for a while now, but hopefully is getting now, albeit slowly. Take care.
To those feeling under the weather, or a bit down, best wishes and look after yourselves

EllaKeat Mon 25-Nov-19 09:03:58

Aghhhhh, it did not show up first time.
Honestly?

EllaKeat Mon 25-Nov-19 09:03:16

Trying again!

EllaKeat Mon 25-Nov-19 09:01:56

Morning everyone, it is a lovely morning here in Durham (comparatively speaking)!

Time to start looking after yourself a bit more @gillybob.
You wont do anyone any favours if you crash and burn. Your DH is being cared for, time to care for youself too.

Pictures from our walk this morning

Susan56 Mon 25-Nov-19 08:58:34

Thank you Mary.Like your husband,my husband worries about my health but also doesn’t say much so it is really good to have virtual friends I can offload to.x

Mapleleaf Mon 25-Nov-19 08:55:43

Good morning from a grey, damp (but not raining yet), South Yorkshire.

Well, I made the Christmas pudding mixture yesterday, so today will be steaming it when I get back from my coffee morning - there's enough mixture to make 2 puddings.

New York sounds exciting Marydoll, are you going soon? I've never been but understand that the shops and avenues at Christmas time are something to behold. Hope you have a great time.

Thinking of gilly and hoping to hear further positive news today. Also thinking of anyone else feeling unwell or sad, hoping that today is a little brighter for you.

Take care, all.

gillybob Mon 25-Nov-19 08:54:14

Good morning from the NE coast.

Nothing very much to report this morning. DH still, breathing for himself with the aid of a tracheostomy mask . Still very confused and having frightening episodes, hallucinations etc.

At the last count my DH was on 17 different medications so I know exactly what you mean about “looking at the whole person” susan56 . It’s as though they give one medication to help one thing but it causes another thing to go haywire, which then causes another thing......... thankfully in ICU he is regularly seen by all of the various consultants together (as in they come together) so at least they thrash it all out in one go. His high sugar, high calorie feed is causing diabetes so he is now on insulin, the masses of antibiotics have caused thrush, the continued doses of sedation have caused nightmares and hallucinations, and so it goes on and on.......

I have had the most awful heartburn and indigestion for the last week/10 days that I have been putting down to stress . It’s keeping me awake (as though I need something else to keep me awake) . Probably due to eating rubbish and eating too late?

How wonderful that you are going to New York MaryDoll I hope you have a fab-you-luss time ! To all those enjoying holidays, trips and good times, long may they continue smile

To those suffering illness or upset, I hope there is some sunshine just around the corner.

Didn’t win the lottery at the weekend unfortunately so I’m off to “that place” for some more damage limitation .

Oh how I hate my non-life at the minute .

Love Gilly x

Greyduster Mon 25-Nov-19 08:54:12

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Damp, grey and cold in South Yorkshire. Medication review at the surgery this morning, and then school run. Good to hear you’re feeling better, Dragonfly. Have a good day folks.

harrigran Mon 25-Nov-19 08:43:27

Good morning from an overcast and damp NE.
Yesterday we did a quick dash to the bed shop and purchased a new bed frame, to replace the collapsed bed. I opted for a one with ottoman storage that will give me space for bed linen.
Thinking of the gillybobs.