Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Tue 26-Nov-19 06:13:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley at present, no change over last few days.
Today, housework, plus bus trips out to Bicester and Buckingham with my usual café stops .
Its also been away of meeting others as well either people I used to work in Bicester's case , but sometimes in Buckingham as well.
Mick

EllaKeat Tue 26-Nov-19 17:34:36

Kind of good news then Marydoll, at least you will be able to enjoy your holiday ?

Marydoll Tue 26-Nov-19 15:52:31

Megs36, like everyone else I have problems getting GP appointments.
The ones I mention on here are part of my drugs regime and are done automatically every fortnight by the surgery.
Also, a letter from my consultants always triggers a phone call from my GP or and appointment.
I'm very fortunate with the care I receive.

However, I still don't have the anti nausea tablets... long story, but will have them for going away.

moggie57 Tue 26-Nov-19 11:30:04

tuesday .wet and miserable .actually its raining. but helping up the salvation army charity shop today and weds .thursday got brain scan.and friday moorfields eyer clinic see if i really have the start of glaucoma. i am 62...

Megs36 Tue 26-Nov-19 10:39:28

Enjoy andGood luck in NY Mary, I went years ago, much younger and fitter and was exhausted ?.
Always surprised how you manage to see your GP so regularly, I have an appointment with mine on Thursday but been four weeks since booking despite a lot of problems.
Anyone know the secret.?

Harris27 Tue 26-Nov-19 10:19:51

Off work today waiting for British Gas to show to service boiler. Have company though as I have a very poorly son vomited all night and diahorrea which is raging around these parts at the moment going around anti backing everything.! Well good day to all and my thoughts are with all of you struggling with I’ll health and family. Especially you gillybob.

aggie Tue 26-Nov-19 10:17:20

Good Morning all , gosh it is soooo dull here ! It was miserable out yesterday too , but we got lots of shopping done and dusted .
My thumb/wrist is getting better but I struggled with fastening my bra today and set it off again , DD had been doing it for me but is back to work . My skin has gone all wrinkly from rubbing on the gel so using hand cream instead
I hope you have a lovely day with your wee one Gilly

EllaKeat Tue 26-Nov-19 10:17:01

Another mizzerly morning here is Durham, but managed a nice walk on the beach first thing.
Glad you have something lovely to do today gillybobs, and Marydoll hope your GP comes up with some anti nausea tablets. There is nothing worse than feeling sickly!
Hope everyone stays warm, dry and content today.

EllanVannin Tue 26-Nov-19 10:11:01

Good Morning All x
Damp but doesn't feel too cold so far. A slight breeze whipping up as I sit here and look at the shrubs blowing.

I must go to Asda this morning as I can't stand to see things dwindling.
Just finished watching my crime programme and my conclusion was correct which wasn't too difficult a decision to come to. I've gone very studious in my old age.

Hope all is well with everyone today and glad to learn that Gillybob is easing into some sort of normality xx

Must get myself moving or nothing will be done. Enjoy your day.

Mapleleaf Tue 26-Nov-19 09:59:07

Good morning,

It's another grey, dismal, rainy morning here. It makes everything look so dull, doesn't it?

I'm late getting on with things this morning as I overslept, probably because I was reading until 12.30 am.

The Christmas puddings are cooked now, the first one was cooked yesterday and the second one was done overnight in the slow cooker. I'm just going to let the second batch cool and then I will re-wrap them in fresh greaseproof and foil and store them in the fridge. That's another job ticked off the list. ?

Good to hear that you are having a day with Evie, gilly. I imagine you are both excited. Thinking of you and your DH as always, and hope that those improvements just keep on coming. ?

Keep warm, everyone, and those of you with colds, etc, I hope you soon feel better.

delia170169 Tue 26-Nov-19 09:57:41

Good morning all from a damp Cumbria. A quiet morning for me as had partial hysterectomy 6 days ago. Will venture out for a walk or 2 later when my OH takes a break from his work.

conor Tue 26-Nov-19 09:53:20

Good morning from a very damp Essex but not nearly as bad as our weekend in Nice where police were out with sirens telling people to stay indoors! Have never been so wet or laughed so much with DD!!
Food shop this morning and then into school volunteering(they always need a hand in reception class this time of year! ) then school pick up for GS1 and then yoga this evening to relax?
Enjoy your packing Marydoll (can smell the excitement!) and Gillybobs have a lovely, cuddly day with Evie. Just the tonic you both need. Wishing sunshine to all (real or virtualsunshine) xxx

Ellylanes1 Tue 26-Nov-19 09:46:54

Do enjoy the shoe shop Gilly, lovely for you to spend some time with your DGD, I'm sure it will lift your spirits x

Auntieflo Tue 26-Nov-19 09:27:11

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all, from a damp and blowy bit of Berks.
Just had a phone call from the garage, and arranged a time to take the car to be fitted with a bumper protection strip. It's been ages while they got their act together, to ring with a convenient time. Better late than never though.
Had a visit to the dentist yesterday, just a check up, but booked another hygienist appointment. £53.00. Ouch. For half an hour !!!
I will be out volunteering this afternoon, and I expect we shall start to ready the shop in preparation for our Christmas event on Friday. It is always a lovely couple of mad days.
Gillybob, nice to hear you sounding happy about the shoe buying session with Evie. Let's hope she finds some that suit her, (and your purse).
Marydoll, I have also heard that flat Irn Bru, can also help with nausea
Have a good day one and all.

Parsley3 Tue 26-Nov-19 09:10:07

Good morning, all. Another grey day in Central Scotland.

NfkDumpling Tue 26-Nov-19 09:08:18

Morning All

Damp, dark and dank in the north of Norfolk.

Off to do a bit of Christmas shopping this afternoon with DD2. I need to clean the car a bit first though as I parked under a tree yesterday with messy consequences. I washed the front of the car last night to get the worst off but couldn’t reach the back end as it’s parked close to a fence. I really, really do need to clean the muck and mud off the rear end. It looks most peculiar.

Enjoy your day Gilly. It’ll be a good break for you. flowers

Nannytopsy Tue 26-Nov-19 09:06:54

A littlie with new shoes - what’s not to like?! Enjoy it Gilly!
It has been wet it the night but Suffolk is just grey this morning. DH has to see the diabetes nurse for another lecture today. He is only borderline yet she spent the last session telling this biochemist how he will go blind, lose his legs etc. He is so much more patient than me - I would have told her where to get off!
Housework today ?.

Annapops Tue 26-Nov-19 09:06:09

Good morning all from a dreary County Durham. GD 2 here again today so we shall see what the day brings.

Yesterday we took a trip into Sunderland to visit the museum and winter gardens. A trail through the exhibits following Cinderella's clues kept little one amused for a while. Outside in the park the Christmas light decorations looked quite magical, even in the gloomy day light.

Hope today is kind to everyone. x

Pittcity Tue 26-Nov-19 08:59:32

Good morning from a damp but mild Colchester. I have a contact lens check in town so will need Mac and boots.
I am wondering what was in the crate, Harrigran?
Love to all with injuries, worries or illnesses....I would hibernate if I could!

Nannylovesshopping Tue 26-Nov-19 08:58:39

Gillybob how lovely, a day with your precious Evie, a hug with her will so raise your spirits?

Como2020 Tue 26-Nov-19 08:58:22

Good morning and hello to all.

My little area of borderlands is being buffeted by strong, gusty winds. Rain may arrive later to add to a very lively day out there.

If you can stand it, Marydoll, I’ve found sipping flat CocaCola from a spoon helps with nausea. An trick I learnt years ago.

Good to hear you’re having time with your GD today, gilly.

Sar53 Tue 26-Nov-19 08:52:04

Good morning everyone from a damp Essex by the sea. Yesterday was my first session as a volunteer at our local hospital. I'm going around the wards doing nutritional surveys and spending time talking to anyone who wants a chat. I met some lovely ladies yesterday and one gentleman on the dementia ward asked me to marry him !!!
Food shopping and housework today.
Have a good day everyone and love to Gilly.

Anniebach Tue 26-Nov-19 08:51:37

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Tue 26-Nov-19 08:37:59

Good morning from a dark, wet NE.
I fell over a crate on Sunday night and I have a painful shin so I will not be going far today.
So pleased you are going to spend the day with Evie, love little one's faces when they have new shoes. Enjoy your day gilly.

Newquay Tue 26-Nov-19 08:32:23

In my choirs we’re advised to steam when a cold threatens and, as OP have said drink honey and lemon.
Peppermint oil is good for nausea too.

Yiayia4 Tue 26-Nov-19 08:26:24

Morning dull and damp here.
Feeling very achy after the shopping trip so an easy day for me.Marydoll just buy new when you get to New York!enjoy every minute it's a magical time of year to go.EstherI manuka honey and lemon is soothing for a sore throat.

Healing thoughts to the Gillybobs and wishing you all a nice Tuesday.