Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Tue 26-Nov-19 06:13:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley at present, no change over last few days.
Today, housework, plus bus trips out to Bicester and Buckingham with my usual café stops .
Its also been away of meeting others as well either people I used to work in Bicester's case , but sometimes in Buckingham as well.
Mick

Greyduster Tue 26-Nov-19 06:32:35

Good morning Michael and all GNs. An early one for me; the overspill from DH’s sleepless night. Most unusual for him. We’ll both be on our knees by lunchtime! Cleaning this morning and then second school run. Have a good day folks. Kind thought to all with health or other worries.

Beechnut Tue 26-Nov-19 06:40:07

Good Morning everyone.

Dark and wet here on Severnside.

Staying in for a homework day.

Couldn’t be bothered with Christmas shop looking yesterday so just bought a few things I needed and something nice for my lunch and came home. Lots of roadworks about. My brother came by later.

Hope you all have a good day, sadly you will probably need one of these if you are out and about ?☔️

BlueSapphire Tue 26-Nov-19 06:59:33

Good morning everyone from a dark and damp Northampton. The cats are going crazy and chasing each other around!

Expecting my brother and his wife here for the day, so am looking forward to seeing them. My DB suggested going out for lunch to save me cooking which will be a nice treat. I don't think I've seen them since DH's funeral in February last year so there will be plenty of catching up to do.

Hope everyone's day goes well. Thinking about Gilly and her DH.

Ginny42 Tue 26-Nov-19 07:00:17

Good morning Mick and everyone. Yes, Beechnut I awoke to the sound of heavy rain on the skylights here in Cheshire. Almost turned over and stayed in bed, but have to go to M&S when they open at 8 to collect an order which I should have got yesterday. It's paid for but I don't want them to send it back to the warehouse.

I have a friend coming for tea so I can pick up something nice at the same time. Mind you she's dieting mad and been told by WW that she should put some weight on! I can also get a few things which may have a date stamp beyond the 25th Dec.

Warm wishes to Gilly, hope things are looking more settled. Pack plenty of layers Marydoll, it can be fffffffreezing in NY at this time. Christmas decorations should be amazing.

Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Tue 26-Nov-19 07:07:59

Morning Mick, morning All, it’s dark and very wet. Ark anyone? We’re off out for breakfast today then heading for an undercover shopping centre. This will sound odd but primarily because I need a walk and if the forecast is accurate being outside will be more than unpleasant. Love to gilly as ever, exciting times marydoll. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Tue 26-Nov-19 07:13:19

Morning all from a calm (currently!) North Leicestershire.

DH also had a disturbed night gd and, therefore so did I, at least until he decamped to a spare room.

Alzheimer's course this morning and then I will be attempting to do some photo books as Christmas presents.

Hoping everyone has a good day and gilly has more good news to report.

Lins1066 Tue 26-Nov-19 07:21:06

Good Morning Mick and all.
It is dark, wet and windy on the S Welsh coast.
DH has just left to take DD to the railway station.
We are dog sitting today so will pick up her up from DS's on the way home.
Our lovely mobile hairdresser coming at 10am. Nothing else going on here today.
Have a good day everyone and hope things get better steadily now for gilly and her DH.

dragonfly46 Tue 26-Nov-19 07:24:53

Good morning, not looked out yet.

Coffee with friends this morning, then a walk or coffee this afternoon depending on the weather.

Still thinking about you Gilly and hope the plans for NY are going well Marydoll.

Pantglas2 Tue 26-Nov-19 07:26:12

Damp good morning all from a dark north Wales! Off to Gobowen for DH appointment re hip op - would love to get an actual date for this soon as he’s in pain every day here.

The fine weather in Spain seems to alleviate it somewhat which is why we’ve spent so much time there in the last few years! Mustn’t grumble, so many worse off.

I think you’re right Beechnut, we’ll all need brollies at the ready today! Lucky Marydoll getting away from it all - enjoy!
Hope Gillybob has more good news and same for all with worries x

NannyJan53 Tue 26-Nov-19 07:31:26

Good Morning from another rainy Black Country.

I went on the Walking for Health walk yesterday, there was only 5 of us! Usually at least 20 or more. It was raining quite a lot yesterday smile. We walked mainly along paths and canals. I did 22,000 steps! A much longer walk than normal.

Today, I have no real plans, will make a start on writing Christmas cards, and a walk into town. As DD has asked me to pop into Wilkos when I have time to buy DGD a water bottle as she has dropped and broken hers.

Hoping your DH is continuing to improve gilly you are often in my thoughts. I know it is going to be a long and slow process flowers

Wishing everyone a good day, especially those feeling down or poorly.

vena11 Tue 26-Nov-19 07:36:31

Good morning from a dull Bristol .
I need to try and get the rest of my Christmas shopping done today it all plays on my mind wondering what to buy everyone, I will be glad when its done and maybe I stop wakening in the night thinking about it, silly I know.
I hope everyone has a nice day and as always thinking about all who are feeling sad or ill and I hope gillybob DH is more settled.

Urmstongran Tue 26-Nov-19 07:47:32

Good morning everyone from a beautifully sunny Malaga. I’m full of the joys as I’ve slept solidly for just over 10 hours!

No plans today but we will definitely be out and about somewhere this afternoon as it’s too nice to stay in. Not too shabby for November!
?

Thinking of gillybob hope all is still going in the right direction. I think you mentioned you might be spending today with the sweet miss Evie? If so, she will bring you joy.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Grammaretto Tue 26-Nov-19 07:50:36

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Still dark and probably wet.
Gransnet meetup today!! Hooray!smile cafe thistle
I had better get a move on.
I hope the news from Gilly is good and hope we all enjoy today.

Marydoll Tue 26-Nov-19 08:00:19

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow and 9C, at least I DH doesn't need to scrape my car! ?

I have had a dreadful night's sleep and woke with a blinding headache, but was consoled by the smell of newly baked bread wafting upstairs from the breadmaker.
In great anticipation, I hobbled downstairs to find...... a half cooked blob of dough! sad What a disaster!!
I don't know if it was me or the breadmaker. I suspect it was my fault, I have turned into a dizzy, absent minded old biddy! grin

As many of you know, I don't give up easily, there is another spicy, fruit loaf on the go, as I want to see if the breadmaker is actually working properly properly.

I'm off out early to get my bloods done. We had managed to get it down to four weekly visits , but now due to changes in my meds, it's back to fortnighly. It's such a trail to my GP's surgery.
I have asked twice for anti nausea pills, but still no success, so I shall be persuing that one today .
My GP is reluctant to prescribe them, but I'm miserable with this constant feeling of nausea and it's going to get worse when the meds are increased on my return from NY.
Sorry for the moan!! grin

As for the New York trip, surprisingly most of the packing is done, (unusual for me), I have been ruthless.
I have managed to shed some weight by culling the contents my toilet bag.
After each holiday, I refill everything, in anticipation of the next one.
I realised that there will be no need for Factor 50 sunscreen, mosquito repellant and bite cream in NY! grin.

Everyone has been concerned that I will not well enough to go. I will make it, but DS1, my travel co-ordinator, is very unwell with a chest infection and now everyone is worrying about him!! He is the worst patient, (even worse than DH), I have ever come across!!

Like many others, Gilly is in my thoughts and I'm hoping for better news today again.
For those feeling low and unwell, I hope today is a bearable day for you. flowers

NanKate Tue 26-Nov-19 08:05:06

Morning Mick and All.

Grey and damp in South Bucks.

Going out for an early supper with 2 of my old friends tonight. We talk non stop.

Have a lovely time with your DGD Gilly. Hope your DH continues to make improvements. What a dreadful time you have had. ?

Esther1 Tue 26-Nov-19 08:08:29

Dull weather in Surrey. I looked after my little gd yesterday as she was coughing and my dd wanted her to stay off school. My dd works some days each week. Now I have woken with that dreadful sore throat one gets before a cold. Home remedies anyone? I feel quite rough.

NanKate Tue 26-Nov-19 08:09:04

Have you got room to pack your IPad Mary as we would love to hear of your antics on a daily basis? Now that would be fun. ?

NanKate Tue 26-Nov-19 08:11:03

Ester hot water, fresh lemon, fresh ginger, honey. This really soothes the throat. Plus 2 paracetamol. Best of luck.

NanKate Tue 26-Nov-19 08:11:39

Sorry Esther1 my spelling.

Susan56 Tue 26-Nov-19 08:13:06

Good morning from Shropshire.
We had a lovely day with my uncle, aunt and mum yesterday.
Today is our usual Tuesday trip to Stafford to see our younger daughter and family,guaranteed to make us feel better.
Pantglas,parking is £2.50 per day at Gobowen but if you will be making four or more trips,go to the kiosk and ask about a ten visit pass.£10 for 10 visits,no date limit on it.
Mary, hope you get your anti nausea tablets and feel better as the day goes on.
Sending love to gilly and hoping the improvements continue?

gillybob Tue 26-Nov-19 08:14:53

Good morning from the NE coast.

Yes Urmstongran I am indeed spending most of the day with my little Evie as my DD is at a funeral later today . I can’t wait to pick her up and bring her to mine. I am taking her to Clark’s for her new shoes later which will be fun as she just loves shoes. My DD says she can have whatever colour she likes. I am so lucky to have such an easy going DD and DDiL who never lay down any rules, when it comes to the children.

On the negative side this will be the first day in over 8 weeks that I have not spent with DH . I am now trying to split my visits into shifts so as to fit in “that rotten place” too. I will still see him tonight and can stay as long as I like as there are no restrictions on the ICU . It’s not as though he will be bothered as I’m still not sure he even knows who I am . He is trying to talk now but it’s mostly a jumble and very hard to understand through the Tracheostomy tube and mask. This gets him very angry and frustrated as he obviously knows what he is trying to say. They are increasing his feeds again today as the weight is just dropping off but the pay back is that they will need to increase the insulin as they are very high in sugar.

Have a good Tuesday everyone .

Love Gillybob x

Esther1 Tue 26-Nov-19 08:19:14

Thanks NanKate, I have paracetamol to hand and some squeezy lemon and a jar of honey. When I can hear the rest of the household have left for work and school I will skulk down to the kitchen and make myself a hot drink. I don’t want my family staying here at the present to know I am under the weather as there is nothing they can do and I would like to be left in peace.

Brunette10 Tue 26-Nov-19 08:19:37

Good Morning from a misty Fife, it's just horrible outside today. Have dentist later on this morning and with a quick coffee with friend this morning that'l be it for today. Marydoll I hope you get on OK with your tablets. Good you are organised for your exciting trip. Thinking of gilly and of course everyone with ailments today. Hope today is kind to all.

moggie Tue 26-Nov-19 08:20:26

Good morning Mick & all from dry, warm Nottingham. Work today, aching this morning after y’days Gardening tidy up & planting.
Thoughts with Gillybob & her DH, hope you have a lovely day with your DGD.
Hope all not well, struggling or have worries have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.