Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Thu 28-Nov-19 06:15:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet as usual this morning in Brackley , today will be bus trips to Bicester via Buckingham.
I am tempted with the café I use in Bicester's main street (Sheep Street) , as its also a bakery shop they have various items of temptation on display ,cakes , lardy cakes as well plus there own mince pies .
This with a shop into Sainsburys and a bus back via villages in North Bucks like Steeple Claydon, Marsh Gibbon , getting back to Buckingham for another coffee before I wait for my bus home to Brackley c/w school kids .
Mick

Anniebach Fri 29-Nov-19 08:59:09

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

janzicb1 Fri 29-Nov-19 08:24:46

Dear gillybob I’m sure you should call dentist and return. It doesn’t sound right and at the weekend dentist will be closed so try and get back today. I hope the pain goes with your visit there. Such great news about your husband. I am just joined but see you’ve had such a traumatic time with him which I hope is now getting much better. Best wishes from mid Derbyshire with sunshine!!

Blackcat17 Thu 28-Nov-19 15:12:16

Years ago I had root canal treatment and was in so much pain afterwards phoned dentist only to be told they forgot to give me painkillers I know what you are going through take care

ginny Thu 28-Nov-19 13:01:24

Gillybob,Very pleased to hear the news about your DH.

Mapleleaf Thu 28-Nov-19 11:52:43

Good morning all,

I'm a bit late posting as I was up at 5.30, made a cup of tea and read a little then fell asleep again until 9.30. I then had to prepare the stew for the slow pot, but I'm ready now!
Good news about your DH gilly ?. I do think you need to ring your dentist for advice about your pain, as it sounds severe.
It's feeling a lot cooler this morning and is very grey and showery but tomorrow is meant to be brighter. I do hope so as DH and I are going out for afternoon tea tomorrow.
Take care everyone.

CaroleAnne Thu 28-Nov-19 11:45:20

Wonderful news Gilly regarding your husband.
You must phone your dentist immediately as that does not sound right. You should not be in such pain or experience throbbing.
Good luck with the tooth and may your husband continue on the road to recovery.
My best wishes. Carolex

EllaKeat Thu 28-Nov-19 11:41:01

A late good morning from me in Durham, had to help tow a little car out of a flooded country lane, so very late back from our walk this morning - and had to strip off just about every item of sodden clothing when I did get in!
Gillybob get back to dentist. I had root canal work done a couple of years ago, but had an infection which needed antibiotics to clear it. There is nothing on earth like the pain of toothache - emphasise just how bad the pain is when you ring them. But good news about DH ?

NannyJan53 Thu 28-Nov-19 10:01:11

Good Morning from a dull Black Country.

No real plans today, just made a malt loaf which is now cooking! Smells delish!

Had a good day with Mum yesterday, walked to the local pub for lunch to check it out as it has just undergone an extension and refurbishment. Then a walk to the charity shop. It is down a fairly steep hill, and Mum is almost 90! But she manages it no problem.

I need to ring my Dentist as a filling fell out yesterday!

So pleased gilly to see your DH is still on the slow road to recovery. I would ring the Dental surgery, if something feels not right, it usually is.

Wishing everyone a good day, and special thoughts to anyone with worries or ill health.

Nannylovesshopping Thu 28-Nov-19 09:55:48

Gillybob so sorry you now have toothache, what a pain in the a... as well as the mouth? wonderful news your husbands improvement, ????

cornergran Thu 28-Nov-19 09:55:31

Gilly please get back to the dentist. No, definitely doesn't sound as it should be. Good news about your husband, you cannot know how pleased I am for you and what a huge smile I had as I read that part of your post.

Auntieflo Thu 28-Nov-19 09:42:07

Apologies
Good morning Michael , Annie and all.
Have a groggy head after waking late, and missed the greetings.
I now feel we should at least go out for breakfast, but do I want to make the effort?
Have a good day one and all

Jangran99 Thu 28-Nov-19 09:39:13

Dear gilly,fabulous news about your DH,an answer to all our prayers. No ,you shouldn't be in that much pain. Get back to your dentist, you have more than enough to contend with. So glad you had a restorative day with little Evie,and her shoes arrive today ,don't they? XX

Auntieflo Thu 28-Nov-19 09:30:36

Morning all.
I slept in and only woke just after 9 am. Logged into GN and because I saw Gillybob's name, I came straight here.
Gilly get thee to the dentist ASAP. You cannot cope with a painful mouth on top of all you have going on at the moment.
You surely should have been given/prescribed painkillers?
Please do take care of yourself. You are more than precious to your little family.
Apart from me telling you off, I was so glad to hear of another improvement from your DH. So good to hear.
Now, I know I am not your mum, and I don't want to bully you, but do go and get something done about that sore mouth!
flowers

Kalu Thu 28-Nov-19 09:28:24

Lovely news re DH gilly

If painkillers are not giving you any pain relief, if I were you, I would be phoning my dentist. Big difference between slight pain and unbearable pain. No harm in phoning.

Urmstongran Thu 28-Nov-19 09:24:35

Brilliant news about your husband gillybob I’m so glad things are on the up after all your dark days.
?

Ring the dental practice to ask? I would.

gillybob Thu 28-Nov-19 09:14:41

Good morning from the NE coast.

I have been in agony all night following the first stage of root canal work at my dentist yesterday. I don’t feel fit for anything today and I am once again running late . Not sure how much pain I should be in but this doesn’t feel right as it’s throbbing . I can’t eat anything (it’s a front tooth) and having a warm or cold drink is just like an electric shock. My second appointment is not for another week but I’m Wondering if I shouldn’t ring the dentist. Does anyone know if this is normal?

DH was really good yesterday. Very aware and quite “with it” for most of the time . His voice is still very weak and very hard to understand but He has now managed for over 24 hours with just the nasal oxygen and there is talk of removing the tracheostomy tube altogether soon, which they say will make his voice much stronger. Things are very much heading in the right direction . ?

Hope everyone has a good Thursday .

Love Gillybob x

GrannyGravy13 Thu 28-Nov-19 09:12:19

Good morning all from a damp SE Essex.

I am feeling sorry for myself as I am having a reaction to my malaria medication, spent the last 2 nights in the bathroom, so tired and washed out and I have to continue the course until next week!!!!!

Hairdressers later, high/low lights and cut, then straight to GP for endoscopy results.

Enjoy New York Marydoll, I have never been around Christmas, must work on Mr.Gravy!!!

Thinking of the gillybobs

dragonfly46 Thu 28-Nov-19 09:08:03

Good morning from undry Leicestershire.

Coffee with friends this morning and a mooch round Aldi. Their wine is very good.

More present buying online this afternoon!

Not sure when you are flying Marydoll but if it is tomorrow I hope you have a wonderful time.

Great news from Gilly hope Mr Gilly continues to improve. Sending love!

Marydoll Thu 28-Nov-19 09:08:01

Resurgam, are you feeling any better? You sound a bit brighter today. flowers.

Anyway, I'm off! I won't get parked.

Resurgam123 Thu 28-Nov-19 09:04:09

Good Morning . Its good to hear Gillybob and co are doing better. I have been following how the Gillybobs are.
When you have people you have known, just on GN you do get to look out for them .

Urmstongran Thu 28-Nov-19 08:56:23

Good morning everyone from a sunny but windy Malaga. Well of course it is as I’ve got an appointment at the hair salon this afternoon for highlights (much needed) and blow dry. Doubtless I shall get another ‘blow’ on my way home! I remember at one time when I came home my husband looked up and said ‘couldn’t they fit you in then?’
?

Alygran I thought at first that ‘Present Laughter’ was perhaps the name of your OH!!

mbtd our daughter was recently asked to takeover the infant and junior choir at the school where she teaches - they will be singing in their local shopping arcade this Saturday and she said it’s been a joy to do but it’s been like herding cats with the baby voices!

Hoping for more uplifting news from gillybob later and that Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Anniebach Thu 28-Nov-19 08:52:15

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Thu 28-Nov-19 08:50:54

Good morning from a rainy NE, been torrential all night.
DH has been up and about for ages and has the washer on.
We are expecting two deliveries today anywhere between 7.30am and 9pm so I guess we are staying in.
Good to hear the news about gilly's DH, sending love.

Kalu Thu 28-Nov-19 08:50:36

Did I mention the hair do was for GD?

My party season is a thing of the past?

vena11 Thu 28-Nov-19 08:50:14

Good Morning from a bright dry Bristol the sun is out but for how long.
Food shopping today and a bit of housework maybe.
Take care all and again thoughts and best wishes to Gillybob.